The Well Timed Ghost

The Well Timed Ghost

A Poem by Sbernie18
"

Not about what you think it is.

"

If you can see the hidden ghost,

And ask it for advice.

I’m sure it’d say what you’d want to hear,

You won’t even have to ask twice.

 

If you can take what isn’t yours,

And still not seem to care,

Then what’s to say I left it there,

I’ve only come to share.

 

And if you’re the only reason,

 For the poison in my veins,

I put it there, I didn’t care.

Just tighten up your reigns.

 

But what if one day I break free,

And kill you in my mind,

I’ve saved the date, it’s coming soon,

And you’ll be left behind.

 

What’s to say I won’t see you again,

And still I won’t think twice,

You’re just a tragic memory,

That gave the worst advice.

© 2011 Sbernie18


Author's Note

Sbernie18
Random write in the style of one of my favorite songs. But side note I'm very curious to see what you think it's about. And overall how you feel of course.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nice, nice, NOICE! xD

It has a flow and that flow is unbelievably blunt and it makes this day a lot better. A memory of a memory...

"What’s to say I won’t see you again,

And still I won’t think twice,

You’re just a tragic memory,

That gave the worst advice."

That's the best advice you've given me. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really really love this. I would quote to you my favorite part, but I would end up copy pasting the whole thing. I tried to find a favorite part again and failed, again. Hahah but seriously, this is wonderful. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The flow to this piece was perfect. I loved every line! Wonderful job with this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The flow was amazing, and that last stanza was haunting. At first I thought that the line lengths of the poem would ruin the flow, but they just added on to the ease of perhaps saying it out loud.
I thought that this was about a friend who tried to backstab you by giving you bad advice, but you caught him and you're back for revenge. Haha.
Overall adequate write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The last verse is lovely. Damning and melodic. Thanks for the read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it. It really picked up and had a quick, bouncy, flow when I hit the second stanza. Good job =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this poem. This may be a long shot but I think it is about the opposite of our conscience, our id, really, that is more animalistic than practical. The 'kill you in my mind' seems the job of the ego (the rational part of our mind) and that 'You’re just a tragic memory,That gave the worst advice' makes me think of the id resurfacing despite being controlled by the ego.
Am I even close?
:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice, nice, NOICE! xD

It has a flow and that flow is unbelievably blunt and it makes this day a lot better. A memory of a memory...

"What’s to say I won’t see you again,

And still I won’t think twice,

You’re just a tragic memory,

That gave the worst advice."

That's the best advice you've given me. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I found it almost satiricial in the delivery, almost a begouise sense of style to it, well done, good read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm not really sure what it is about. So many possibilities. I must say, I do not agree with Brenden Moran. I believe that there are no rules in poetry. It is an expression, and however you express yourself is wonderful. Keep writing with your style.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem is written as if it were prose and not actually a poem. While it is well written, I fail to see how it comes together. Most of your lines are long, short, long, short, etc, which can be worked with; but especially when you're trying to rhyme, it doesn't work very well. You try to cram too many words into each line which leaves you with awkward phrasing. Poetry is meant to be a literary device used to phrase something in the least amount of words(now, yes there are other types, but this is common throughout). So, overall, condense. Say more, with less, say less, with more.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

906 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 5, 2011
Last Updated on September 5, 2011

Author

Sbernie18
Sbernie18

Syracuse, NY



About
Hey, I'm from Syracuse. I write poetry, lyrics, a few short stories and longer stuff. I try to be as active as possible and review what I can. I love reading new poems and stories everyday so send me .. more..

Writing
Dawn Suprise Dawn Suprise

A Story by Sbernie18


Blue Shirt Blue Shirt

A Poem by Sbernie18



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..