Mr. Sheep

Mr. Sheep

A Story by Burr the Story Sorceress
"

A little story for my dearest friend Jessica who is having a hard time recently. I love you lots, Jess!

"

Jessica walked into her bedroom with a sigh. She slung her black shoulder bag into the red egg chair next to her neatly made bed. She looked up from the ground and spotted the absurdly large sheep sitting in the middle of her pattern bedspread staring at the computer monitor. The sheep was easily bigger than her lap dog Kiba and was probably as big as she was. He also sported a suit jacket and black top hat that looked about to fall off.


“What the hell? I didn't even make my bed this morning,” she said to herself as she went to her computer. It was on, as usual, but a Word window was open and a few lines of text typed into the white blankness.



'Hey, honey! I heard you were having trouble sleeping so I'm lending you my Mr. Sheep. He is a BOSS!! He will make sure you sleep good. From moms to night terrors, nothing can beat him! He and Piplup should get along swimmingly! Heehee. Love you lots!!

-Britty Rose

P.S. Yeah I made your bed too. Oh, and I took the pashmina. Lol. You will get it back sooner or later.'



Jessica sighed at the note. Of course Brittany would sneak into her room to make her bed and leave weird gifts. It could have been worse. She could be beating her with the pashmina instead of just taking it. Or tackle-hugging her into the closet. Weird things happened when Brittany stayed the night but at least it was never boring.


After checking the closet she found that her black pashmina was in fact gone. Also, Brittany's homecoming dress still hung in the back where it had been for over a year now. Leave it to her to forget it.


She looked at the clock on her computer. It was already late. Play practice had run a few hours later than normal and she had already eaten as much as she was going to that day, so she decided to go to bed wither her mom liked it or not.


A quick change into stretchy pants and a camisole and she was ready for bed. She crawled under the covers and cuddled up with her stuffed Piplup, a Pokemon her ex-girlfriend had given her. Me. Sheep was laying on his side at the foot of the bed, top hat still on. Jessica grabbed him and laid him down between herself and the door, facing away from her. Quickly, too quickly, it seemed, she was fast asleep and dreamless.


Twice her mom went to her door meaning to wake her up. Both times she stopped before entering and forgot why she was even standing there and went back to whatever she had been doing before.


Much later, the terrors that haunted Jessica's sleep tried to disturb her. She rolled in her sleep, ending up on top of Mr. Sheep. The horrors reached for her, eager to torment.


Flat, hard teeth snapped at the reaching hands of haunts. A single rose was thrown into the horror by an agile hoof, driving them away. From moms to night terrors, none could best Mr. Sheep.

© 2010 Burr the Story Sorceress


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOW. Brits. Wow.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
1 Review
Added on April 1, 2010
Last Updated on April 1, 2010

Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing