Oceans

Oceans

A Poem by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
"

I've been depressed recently, so I'm writing the pain away.

"

Milford Sound in New Zealand

 

Hold on tightly to your dreams,

My mind whispers softly to my heart.

Life changes with the shifting tides

Emotions of highs and lows.

 

Sand castles built towards the heavens,

Waves crashing upon the shore.

Crumbling my walls to almost nothing,

When they guarded me with strength and safety.

 

Stricken loneliness, love non-existent

I search around me endlessly

For another pair of footsteps in the sand

But all I can find is my own.

 

Azure blue and emerald green,

Jaded from pain of lost loves.

Only the ocean breeze consoles

Embracing me in it's gentle touch.

 

Hold on to your hopes, ride out the tide

My heart responds to my thoughts.

The future is what you make it, believe

There is beauty within your undying dreams.

 

 

 

© 2012 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


Author's Note

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
Artwork = Ocean's Tears by *Ferelwing of deviantart.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oceans hold vast mysteries. This is a wonderful tribute to color, a heart's dream and even a touch of heartache. I wish I could go into much more detail than that as it has a wonderful underlying message that really makes me think. Especially the stanza "The future is what you make it, believe". ^^*

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A heart song... though it may be melancholy... you captured a beautiful melody !

Posted 11 Years Ago


i really enjoyed how you transitioned from feelings of despair to feelings of strength so eloquently...and this poem really did make me feel inspired!

Posted 11 Years Ago


There is a softness, a tenderness like a lullaby here sweetly singing peace at the edge of darkness... I saw your note about depression... so very sorry, dear poet... I've spent many years in winter, and hope with all my heart that you find your spring soon... Your writing is so beautifully moving.

Posted 11 Years Ago


*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your words and kind review, Craig. Hope all is well with you.

~Anna Rose
An owl on the moon

11 Years Ago

Yes, Anna... all is well now... My best wishes all for you, dear friend.
I like the mixture of pain and hope in your poem. There is the sense of hopelessness, counterbalanced by the colour and the hope/positivity in the last verses. I do love the artwork too :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is one of the more crafty poems I have found on this site. Good work. I can find nothing really wrong with it. I like the way that you use the ocean's imagery in just the right places and you pull this poem together so well. Keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


"Hold on to your hopes, ride out the tide" I loved that line the best :) Very nice poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have been depressed a lot lately too - and that's been the best therapy for me is writing!!! Keeping coming - this was wonderful - I love it :) Hope you feel better soon.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful...the ocean is a mystery...good write...

Posted 11 Years Ago


I've been feeling pretty low lately so I can relate to this feeling a bit too well. It seems like a daunting task to go through every day on your very own, shoving your inner strength and confidence (or merely an impression of it) into the faces of all your troubles. It is difficult, but I guess, it has a strength in itself.

Ocean can be symbolic of so many things to so many people. I like the way you have used it here; I loved this line in particular : "Only the ocean breeze consoles / Embracing me in its gentle touch."

I hope you are feeling better now. :) and great poetry!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great message..nicely portrayed...liked it.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

800 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on September 23, 2012
Last Updated on September 23, 2012
Tags: loneliness, self reflection, strength

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Time Ago Time Ago

A Poem by Tate Morgan