Underneath

Underneath

A Poem by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Words sting the heart

Like the bullet of a gun

A game, a war

Raging within yourself.

 

On the front lines

Underneath all emotion

Eternally, internally

For all humanity to face.

 

A burning sensation

Of decency and civility

The creation of destruction

Spit out your venom.

© 2011 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


Author's Note

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
This popped into my head this morning. What do you think? Whats in your head after reading this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There may be some specific memory or feeling that brought words to you but they speak widely and clearly of the destructiveness and power of words. Your poem seems to talk about words and struggles in your own head but whether realized or not they may be echoes from someone else’s cruelty. I didn't have a childhood as bad as some but I was abused with words that I am still unconsciously trying to disprove.

Isn't it funny how we adopt, embrace and hang onto things said in cruelty and how self punishment can perpetuate them?



Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

it reminds me of someone who cruelly dumped someone else, and meant it to hurt. Very well done though. good work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This says to me that we all have some sort of darkeness within us, but we have a choice to rid ourselves of it, to find a means of control to find a release.
I like it

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is good. Nice job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Superb!

Posted 12 Years Ago


It makes me think about war. How sometimes in war the image that has been painted for us of the "enemy" is sometimes not what it has been made it out to be. Sometimes the "enemy" never wanted a fight, sometimes the "enemy" can't take all the fighting, sometimes the "enemy" weeps because of all of the thoughtless destruction, sometimes the "enemy" isn't the monster we all thought it was.

Posted 12 Years Ago


So many of us have put on a brave face for the rest of the world while fighting the demons inside caused by others...the conflict of the person we know in our hearts is truly us vs. the cruel words aimed at us by another. beautifully written!

Posted 12 Years Ago


amazing :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Raw, and true! as man will kill men if there are to many " proverbial " in one cage. I'm not afraid to face your words, I see they are clever, and well thought out. Excellent.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I could feel an inner turmoil, to hold in the frustration or explode...I can relate to the feeling, but to this day the expression of verbal assault still alludes me..."A burning sensation, Of decency and civility, The creation of destruction..." does perhap state it best.



Posted 12 Years Ago


I can sit back and read this without believing it has a connection to me until I am half way through and then I realize its power and I am lost in its intellect.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1029 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 31, 2011
Last Updated on November 2, 2011

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shadow Shadow

A Poem by A. Amos