Heartaches By The Number

Heartaches By The Number

A Poem by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
"

Inspired by lost loves and Guy Mitchell's Heartaches By The Number

"

My heart feels like it's made of stone,

But I still can feel the burn

Losing in this neverending battle

A game, I cannot win.

 

Heartaches by the number

Everytime I have something to give

They take it all away from me

And betray my heart in the end.

 

Reminiscing all the moments

As I wish upon falling stars

Wondering where have I failed

In each instance of failing love?

 

My heart moves on,

Searching for the embrace of another

Hopeful in each moment

That I won't have to search to far again.

 

But alas, there goes another...

More sorrow and loneliness lurks

In the darkest of my days, I live on

With my heartaches by the number.

© 2011 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the term."heartaches by the number." Pain of love lost is like a puzzle. Must be rebuilt and we must start a new journey. Great use of words making the point of this poem come across. I like the ending to the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sorrow and yearning well portrayed in this piece. Tugs at the heart and makes one wish to ease your pain. A beautiful poem dear Anna Rose....

Posted 12 Years Ago


i can really feel this poem

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lovely write:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great imagery! Heartache by the number! Perfect title that fit your words!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The meaning of this piece is profound and settles deep within to move and stimulate this reader.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love the name, real strong poem. I think this poem hits home for us all for we all have heartaches by the number at some point in time.

Posted 12 Years Ago


19 is such a beautiful and magical time.......it sounds to me that there have been far too many unjust heartaches in your life! i hope the upcoming year brings you nothing but sunny days and star-lit nights......and love!

oh, and i commend your writing. it is heartfelt and touching.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The older I get the more I am blown away at the subversiveness of alienation and separation and how relational reconciliation that is played out in story after story is more fantasy than reality. It is so hard to connect and stay connected with another. So many people live so shallowly and just cope. I refuse to live that way but live truthfully, unpretentiously, to love totally again each and every time because of who I am not who they are. Anna Rose, you are the same, be the passionate true person you are, for yourself most of all.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like the last stanza but the poem was beautiful and was very emotional...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This brings to mind the image of a stone pathway high up in the clouds. Each cobbled stone has a number on it and I see that as a person is running down the path, stones keep falling out from the pathway and they are constantly in a state of tension and fear, as they are so desperately seeking to find numbered stones that will hold their heart.

Wonderful Imagery!
Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

576 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 2, 2011
Last Updated on December 2, 2011

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing