Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Apocalypse

Apocalypse

A Poem by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
"

Playing on the idea and the need for change in our world.

"

Diamond tears glisten in ths sunlight

As the sun begins to fall into emotions of regret

And sorrow for the evil to become

Upon this final day as betrayer of all life.

 

Breath of flames and ash overtaken

Consuming the air in a blackened haze

Brushed with the rapid gusts of reality

On the doorsteps, humanity underestimated.

 

Criminal punishment for the forskaen

The mind and wills to do right, forgotten

Burning in the desire to find the answer.

A needle in a haystack, lost and frozen in time.

 

Echoes of the silence and broken

Scream loudly through loneliness and regret

In it's deathly wake of "it's too late now"

All cannot be forgiven now.

 

 

© 2011 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


Author's Note

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
Personally, I believe the apocalypse at least the "Dec 21, 2012" is not real. And even if it is, we should be living our lives as if we'd be dead tomorrow.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

These days appear often. I don't believe man will go out easy. Will be great pain. May be sickness or war that will open the door to the end. I pray we get wiser. Learn to help each other in this world. The children will pay for the foolishness of adults. Forgiveness is not necessary. Create conversation and sent medicine and food. Not Soldiers and death. Take a long time to forgive some deeds. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


apocalypse i stopped believing in that kinna stuff a while ago but i really enjoyed your poem :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


very true! like what you said

Posted 12 Years Ago


A prisoner in chains may be forgiven for not being more dynamic. To regret one's trespasses so utterly is to leave no room for recovery. To think one is not capable of forgiveness is a harshness beyond the human experience. To underestimate humanity, as the poem points out, is disaster. A budding poet that's not rushing to bloom.

Posted 12 Years Ago


True! great write:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


loved it

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was a great poem! I also agree with you about the apocalypse :) Anyway, great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with you about the apocalypse and that we should be living our lives as if it were our last...good write...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love how all of your poetry creates these epic scenes with in the mind. Full of energy and description. It's like stepping into a movie and being jacked into to all the sensory input from everything that exists within the words. This was simply amazing in it descriptive power and the thoughts that it makes us take into consideration.
I would have to agree with you, that we need to living our lives as if they might end tomorrow... But I don't think the end is anywhere near. The human race has way to much to learn first.'

Great Ink!
Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kim
I love this write, so well written, makes one ponder!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

858 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 22, 2011
Last Updated on December 22, 2011

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing