Set The World Aflame With Love

Set The World Aflame With Love

A Poem by *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
"

Not my best, but I had nothing else to write about.

"

The world could use a little more love and compassion....

 

I can hear the desperate cries

Echoes of burning despair in the winds

Crashing along the edges of the ocean shores

Bleeding a tiny hint of crimson red.

 

Anger and greed take over control

Ashes of the scattered hearts and souls

Lost in their own personal burdens

The ones that truly care...

 

Forced into silence, hold their tongue

Battered down slaves, beaten with no chance

By the headstrong fools that judge livelihoods

And play tediously with image of God.

 

I wish to burn the world, set it all aflame

Let the ashes settle and give reason to renew

A new found love and compassion

For a world in desperate need to seek it.

 

 

 

© 2012 *~*Butterfly Kisses*~*


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bravo! What particularly caught my attention was the almost, lyrical, rhythm. I could feel the awesomeness from the third stanza, the sudden drift in mood, how we struggle for freedom, though we are well aware that it is love that can set us free, but we keep stomping on it. Your idea to set the world aflame and start afresh is really endearing to me haha. I would love to join you, there sure needs to be more love, because violence is not 'just balancing out' anymore. Your poetry is great, inspirational. Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

For me the opening line pretty much sums it up. I think that as humans we take a lot for granted. We think that we are intelligent, that our gods or religions are the right path to evolving and just...@__@ I am probably reading too much into it but I read your poem and all this races through my mind. XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


Its a cruel harsh world we live in, but those of us who care, we can make a difference. Keep going with your wonderful words. The secound stanza rings true to me. Nice write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I thought it was very good:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The world can be a cruel place sometimes.
Powerful poem.
Well written
xx

Posted 11 Years Ago


There are times when we wish for the whole world to be in love when we find it hard to love the people right there with us. This may not be one of those times, but it helps to know that it sometimes happens. Nice write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like it. This was very creatively written but i agree with the two people before me. But still, keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


nice very nice
but i kinda agree with the guy before me


Posted 11 Years Ago


girl, your poetry has always that "apocalythic" touch ;)
like it but one tip: don't write if you don't have ideas, you had luck but no one forces you to write, take your time and write only when you feel, no matter how long it takes ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very emotional conviction...This day isn't long enough to respond properly but we are on the same page and I would only be repeating thoughts well written. Love is the answer to change...Hope is not blind...Greed is the underlining problem but one of many. Has it gone too far? Only conscious awakening can change the journeys direction...Keep leading the awakening and rising like the the Phoenix from modern man's ashes and destruction. A very provocative wake up call...

Posted 11 Years Ago


World need better leaders. Men and woman who can talk and solve problems. Guns and threats cannot bring peace. Fire may come. Because of foolish men who believe strength and power is the way. I believe man would become extinct unless we change our ways. The poem is outstanding. Made me think. When we send food and medicine. Teams of doctors to heal and repair. Funny how the world is unite when a bad storm destroyed life and property. Too bad we can't think in the same way in the desire of peace and calm.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1986 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2012
Last Updated on April 30, 2012
Tags: politics, love, hate, greed, depression, abuse

Author

*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*
*~*Butterfly Kisses*~*

Somewhere between TN and NYC, TN



About
My name is Anna Rose... what can I say about myself? I'm 20 learning to live on my own, trying to escape from a dark part of my life. Been writing my heart since I was able to write. I write whate.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..