Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux

Preface

 

Call me crazy. Call me a fiend. A nightmare of the night. What I am really doesn’t matter. I not an angel. I not a dream. I’m pure scarlet colors otherwise, or a shudder in the damp cool air of night.

I’m that chill that follows you every three steps on the dimly lit streets. Or that monster in your closet the voice in your head tells you to shut the door to countless times. I’m anything fear conjures me as.

But beneath your feet. Lying asleep for now. Rests your darkest fears. Even more frightful than I, fear itself would call. They lie in the sewers, feasting off what we’ve left behind and what we have given them.

Their lips sewn shut. Laughing echoing in a fade off each wall and vibrating back in a chilling manner off the water as a hiss. They splash in the water, stabbing at it with knives and cleavers. They paint with rat blood, leaving markings, a language, something to recognize them by. Their yellow skin and gangly hands, body barely covered by torn rags. They’re constructed piece by piece, limb by limb by string and other lost body parts. They’re monsters defying death.

Voices. The creeping monsters deserve nothing more of a name, unworthy of haven been spoken on lips. The taste of raw venom in the mouth as we try to describe them.

With their soulless eyes, black as night and just as hollow. No souls could ever roam inside their shell, a rotting corpse somehow floating between the fine lines of life and death.

And they soon get greedy, eating away at the lies of the people in this city. And with as many mouths on every being, there’s a lie to go along with it. They’ll sniff it out and eat you from inside out. There’s nothing to stop the horror that they bring.

You’re either a puppet in this city.

Or just another lying soul.



© 2014 Broken Hearted Faux


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
Added on January 30, 2014
Last Updated on January 30, 2014


Author

Broken Hearted Faux
Broken Hearted Faux

Salt Lake City, UT



About
Hello, the name's Lexy I've been on and off from Writerscafe between life and inspiration. I was once a dedicated writer, always with a pencil in my hand and a notebook by my side no matter whe.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux