Reborn

Reborn

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux

Reborn

 

­­­Give me a match, and let us laugh as the world burns

~

 

The heat of his breath lingered on my neck. Teeth just shy of my skin as he waited, trailing kisses across my neck. No, he wasn't waiting. He was teasing me, torturing me. I could still hear the devilish laugh in his breathing. My eyes closed, I wanted nothing more from him to than drag me down into the pits of hell. With the fire and brimstone. With the haunting dark spirits and burning agony.

Pain is what I lived for. To watch others suffer along with myself. To see those maggots rot in hell with me and laugh at their pain. To watch the world burn. To watch the flames consume their tiny bodies and mortal souls. Yes. I wanted this much. I craved it almost as much as I craved the delicious bite of the god behind me.

His dark, rich eyes that drew you in. The eyes that made your soul dance and obey like a siren call. With his perfect smile and dark, rich skin. The flattering fangs of a wolf, yet the opposite. A warrior created from blood and stone. He seemed almost like a spider, waiting for the kill, with his wild black hair and yet as calm as a lamb with his strong facade.

I drew in a breath. A slight breath to inhale the heavy scent of blood on his skin. He wore it like a trophy. To me it was his scent. The way I recognized him in the dark. The way I knew the devil had come for me at last.

He had come three days and three nights. Curious and hungry. Craving to know if I would join and be his bride. I hesitated the first two nights, but thinking over, I knew that a second life was my calling.

To become a young goddess by his side. To drain the life of those who mocked me and called me a monster. To be their desolator and grin in the glory of their last drops of blood. To do the honor of being the last soul they ever saw. The irony of dying by the one you so hated, it gave me chills.

What was he waiting for? Here he knew I craved immortality. Here he knew I was open and willing to the bite, practically begging for it, yet he teased me. My nostrils flared in anger, but I remained still in his lap.

The room sat still in silence. Nothing could be heard but the sounds of our breathing.

Then his fangs grazed my ear and I shuddered, throwing him a glare for yet again teasing me. I tried to arch my neck into his mouth, but every attempt was in vain as he pulled away with a sly grin.

My eyes burned into his with a fury as he laughed.

"How cute and fragile are ye," He flashed his fangs in a heart meltingly manner, and I shuddered yet again. "How broken and deadly."

"For hell's sake, demon, just bite me." I spat venom into his face.

This brought another smile to his lips, one much darker that made the soul inside my body shrink and want to hide. The laugh which followed was just as dark and tears unknown to me, sprung to my eyes and my heart beat in fright.

"Ye are a coward! Listen to thine own heart beats in fear. Thy skin in goose bumps. Thy rich blood pulsing through thine own veins in a delicious manner. Yet ye think me unwise and a servant. I do not obey ye. I command thee. Ye are a slave. Ye serve me," He cut my wrist, holding up the bleeding arm up to his lips as he drank hungrily.

I let blissful purrs and moans ring out into the darkness as he drank from me. I felt the power of this demon, this god holding me in his arms. His muscles rippled as he growled and continued to drink like a dying animal.

Though my vision failed, unplugged and no longer wanting to work, I continued to enjoy the feel of his lips draining my life away.

And in the heat of it all, he brought his lips away and gently propped me against the nearest wall as he guided my mouth to his neck. I breathed in the sweat and blood scent lingering on his skin and drove my tongue across the base of his neck, blindly searching for any clue to what he wanted.

"Drink. Be strong. Embrace the darkness and fire." He brought his bleeding neck to my awaiting lips.

Embrace it I did. I clung tightly to him, drinking down as much of the sweet blood that poured onto my tongue. My senses were bathed in scarlet colors, twined in bloody threads. And then the pleasure collided with pain as my soul burned and I cried out in agony as my nails dug into the flesh of my new lover.

He grunted slightly as I arched and screamed again, body shaking, racked with pain and heat. The hells were pulling me into their pits, drowning me with sharp knives and laughing at my pity and pain.

Burning and crying, my face numb to any tears or emotions, I felt the cold press of his hand upon my cheek as he quieted my screams with soft kisses, fangs mingling with my own, locking in a passionate embrace.

"Rest, new child. Rest and be reborn as Kry, bride of Tethos," His lips were still soft on my throat as he placed new kisses and lied me down on the bed, holding me against his bare chest as my body tried to break away to writhe in the pain of every bone shattering inside, along with my heart.

It felt as though days had passed along with the hours. The moon never moved. The light never came inside. Everything was red. Everything danced in waves of stars and scarlet rays. I hungered. I hungered for most of the night as my pain receded to short pants and hyperventilation brought me to sleep as my eyelids finally closed and I relaxed into the embrace of Tethos.

Swirling stars and howling moons greeted my dreams, but the others were nothing more. I no longer dreamed. I no longer slept. The sun no longer greeted me ever new day, but the moon and its watching eye radiating off my new skin and body. Both of which were strangers. But every night I was greeted by the same familiar eyes of my new husband, Tethos.

Yes, a week had passed before I had become bored of the same walls and my hunger finally drew me from my bedside. Though my body is still a stranger, I tried to make amends and work with it to adjust.

Tethos smiled softly alongside me, holding my hand gently to guide me out to the lake beside the house. He was patient with me, helping me up every time I fell. He would wait as I tried to move with my own will, clinging to stray trees when I doubted myself. The same gentle smile always accompanied his face throughout the evening as he sat me down on the dock and we stared down into the waters.

Dipping my feet into the icy water, my toes curled as little fish nibbled on them and for the first time in my life, I began to relax. The pale moonlight shone against Tethos and radiated him in dark beauty. There was not a hair on his body out of place. He was flawless and perfect and he was all mine.

"Join me, Kry. Come swim with me in these dark waters, princess." He reached out towards me on the docks.

I was hesitant, visibly shaking, scared I might drown.

"I won't let ye drown, Kry. Come, join me." He smiled softly, swimming close to the dock before gently taking my hand.

I had to avert my gaze and fortunately they fell upon an elk somewhere in the distance not too far from the lake, a rough estimate of four miles. It stood proud and wary as though it felt my gaze burrowing into it's pelt. Beside him were two young elk and a doe, all of which were grazing.

When I did not obey Tethos, he moved his eyes upon the spot mine own were fixated on and he chuckled.

"Ye must be famished for blood," He picked himself out of the water and wound his arm around my waist, meeting his lips to my own in a passionate kiss before breaking away and softly kissing my forehead. "Trust me, I will teach ye when it is time. Until then, return to thine bed and I shall bring the blood to ye."

My brows furrowed in dismay, "No. Teach me to hunt. I am too weak this way. I cannot rely on you every day."

"Ye will obey my orders, Kry. To the house with ye. Now."

My hands balled into fists, "No. Teach me Tethos. Teach me to hunt."

"I said go home!" His palm came down upon my cheek and my head snapped back as I fell against a tree.

Shaking as I brought myself to my feet, I looked upon him in shock, tears welding up in my eyes. His eyes rang maroon, deadly, focused on me. His fangs were bared, as though I was the wild animal and not the elk farther in the east.

"I'll take my leave home, Tethos. As you wish," I struggled to find my footing, but managed to crawl or limp my way home, head raging in a wildfire of pain.

Leaning against the wall of our home, I begun to realize that I was a prisoner in my own home, with my husband as the head officer.  



© 2014 Broken Hearted Faux


Author's Note

Broken Hearted Faux
R&R are much appreciated! Thanks so much for those reading this! Please tell me of any grammar mistakes! Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

for the beginning of the chapter i found myself as being Kry, very detailed and being easily drawn into. my suggestion is if your guna have old engish to do a lil more research on it like reading up on shakespears plays and sonnets it would help getting tethos character down pact. one thing is for sure makes my one story look like s**t

Posted 9 Years Ago


Broken Hearted Faux

9 Years Ago

I told you the night when you read yours to me. I told you, like every author your piece of work nee.. read more
This was very well written!
There were some moments when the old English seemed forced and awkward, I think. But it was good. It pulled me in right away and I want more.
I want so much more.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Broken Hearted Faux

9 Years Ago

Yeah, will do. Thx so much sweetie. Will fix that.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2014
Last Updated on May 20, 2014


Author

Broken Hearted Faux
Broken Hearted Faux

Salt Lake City, UT



About
Hello, the name's Lexy I've been on and off from Writerscafe between life and inspiration. I was once a dedicated writer, always with a pencil in my hand and a notebook by my side no matter whe.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux