Ashes to Ashes

Ashes to Ashes

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux
"

Insanity is only a dream come true for me my dear

"

Ashes to Ashes

 

Insanity is only a dream come true for me my dear

~

You could ask anyone here. Ask how the devil himself was born. Most would say that he crawled out of the darkest part of hell. That his smile drove the people crazy and they worshiped him like a god. With his head thrown back and a dark, rich laugh pouring from his perfect lips. He was in paradise with every slave at his fingertips. Yet he grew a lonely touch inside. The longing for a companion to share the glory and wonderful gifts of the world with. And though there may be well over a billion people, I had become the one he longed for.

I felt used, the way I had given in so easily. I was so ready to put the past behind. So ready to start anew. And then the shocking evidence of the true demon behind the calm facade called Tethos, my new husband, shown through. The clear mark shown upon my cheek, red and swollen was a bright warning against the paleness of my skin.

As dawn approached, he had returned with the elk and two more in his palms, dragging them inside and then setting them before me. His eyes bore into mine as his face twisted into confusion at the mark on my swollen cheek. I couldn't meet his gaze yet again and I drew my eyes away towards a mahogany chair in the far right corner of the living room.

"What-"

"I fell. I stepped out of the shower and fell."

"I see. Be more careful next time." He believed me, but his face spoke otherwise. "Come drink. I bet you're famished."

My mouth drooled at the thought of drinking, but I bit my lip and refused to look away from the chair. "I'm not thirsty. I... had a bite of a wood mouse earlier."

He scoffed, but nodded, "As you wish. I'll drink then and whatever is spared, I will save in the storage."

I had to smirk at his response. It was only natural he protected his wife, but to an irritating point of not letting me move a finger was enough to drive any woman mad. Hell, I was sure I was already insane. I decided to throw him off, big time.

"My sweet Tethos, I want a baby."

He coughed on the blood and stared at me in horror, and then the mask came down over it as he smiled softly. That b*****d. He was good.

"Why, princess, when you have me? Isn't this home and I, enough?"

"Of course its enough, darling. But I want more. I want a baby. I want a house full of babies." I smiled sweetly.

"Princess, we should discuss this another day. Come feast with me."

"I'm not thirsty, Tethos. I want a kid. Now. Get me a kid."

"Princess, we are not discussing this right now."

"D****t Tethos! I'm bored of these walls. I am tired of living here in the shadows. I want fun! Let's catch the world on fire. Let's burn every home and soul to the ground," I was grinning ear to ear with each thought, standing above my husband.

The house was silent, neither of our hearts beating in their eternal rest. His eyes met mine slowly; face softening from the angry form before. His hands were balled up in the animal's hide, tearing through the muscles. Blood had pooled on the floor, but neither of us paid any mind.

"Kry, it's time to rest now. Let's get in bed."

"No, Tethos," I turned away towards the dawning sun and winced at it's glare. "This house is a stranger to me. As is my own husband. I did not think this through. My pact with the devil was made on deaf ears and a childish mind. I was clueless to the consequences that come along side it."

Silence in the household again.

Then his laugh. His dark laugh from the same night I had made a promise with this demon. I had no soul to shrink inside. It had burned away in the flame that night. Instead fear quaked through my pores and I found myself backing away into the counter, knocking away any glass on the surface.

It shattered on the floor, along with my heart as Tethos's hand came upon my throat, nails digging into the sides and tearing the skin. My voice came out in squeaks instead of the screams I was hoping to force out. Tethos's eyes were maroon again, fangs bared like the venomous snake he was.

"You... you snake," I spat, spilling my blood onto his face.

"You're such a disobedient wife. You need to be punished. My wife should never disrespect me," He pinned me down upon the counter, grinning with his devilish grin, melting my heart yet burning my soul.

My strength could not match his own, so weak and fragile I was from days without blood. The rich chocolate called my name from the dying animals on the floor, but I could not come to them. They were like a siren's call. A plead of help.

Then came Tethos's belt down upon my face. It lashed out, tearing at my skin. The metal tearing open anything in it's path. His angry wrath melted through it, whipping me, scarring me. And then it came down all in one swing. All his anger. Down came the metal onto my eye, shattering the eye socket and permanently blinding my left eye. My blood, blue to the atmosphere, dead blood, dripped down my face and unto his knuckles as he brought me to sit up, leaning me over the chair I loved so much.

Down again, came the belt, lashing hard and tearing open my backside, shredding off any cloth upon it. Again, I felt the cold touch of my blood trickling down my backside and cried as the pain of everything registered through out my body. I clutched my broken eye in my hands before Tethos bound them to the chair and I cried upon the wood, shaking with each new thrashing on my back. My spine rattled and I ground my teeth.

"That should put you in your place, princess," He untied my hands and dragged me by my hand to the bedroom where he threw me upon the bed and left without another word, locking the door behind him.

I avoided the window seal, broken inside, bleeding and crying. I was miserable. The life before looked like heaven to my new eyes. I was married to the devil and I could never gain the old life back. I was burning inside the eternal hell I always wished for. I was suffering and the world laughed upon me as I burned. Agony. Something that never filled my empty soul before. And now, it was the only word that registered throughout all the pain.

I peered towards the window with my right eye, catching a peek of my broken eye and quickly turning away in horror, gagging in response. Not only had he rid me of my sight, but made a show to turn my missing eye into macerated meat.

My body screamed in pain with me as I rolled over in bed, feeling the sheets rub against the raw skin. My body shook in agony, hands balling in the sheets. And I could hear the blood calling my name from the bedroom, calling and crying out to be consumed. The mermaid call. The most savory dish on any plate.

"Mine," I hissed, dragging my body off the cold sheets and onto the floor, digging my nails into the wood I brought my form to it, grabbing a hold to the bottom, clawing and tearing away the layers of wood, piece by piece.

You will die, princess. Sleep with an eye open.

I quivered at the penetrating voice in my head but continued to claw my way through the door desperately.

And there lied the elk, still dripping onto the floor, still pouring out their rich ambrosia. I inhaled their mouthwatering scent before digging my fangs into their necks, draining every last drop with my tongue, sucking and tugging on the flesh.

My strength pumped wildly throughout my veins in a battle cry. Back healing and threading back together as I moaned in delight, throwing my head back in a satisfied sigh as I continued to see out through only my right eye. My flesh would heal, but never my heart and bones. My left eye was forever gone.

"Everything must burn," The words were spoken unconsciously as I made a graceful exit out into the sun, feeling its heat weaken me but not piercing my flesh.

I felt like a god. I felt alive. So much alive. It felt great. So much power.

My nails scratched against the cold stone that held the house up. Just a little spark would ignite the f****r on fire and down it would go. Burn into ashes. Dust in the wind. Memories to be scattered into the wind. Into non existence.

My lips curled up into a grin. Just one little spark. It was so simple.

"Kry-"

My nails found the flesh of his skin before he could finish the sentence and his palm came down upon my chest, breaking three ribs and pinning me against the stone.

"Such a disappointment. I'll have to kill you and bury you with the others." His eyes kept their natural look of scarlet.

"Get your hands off me, snake."

I stared the wolf in the face with his wicked snarl and the hatred in his eyes. My soul may have burned for him the first night, but now it wept in pain.

"You never loved me," I hissed, "Always a trophy wasn't I?"

His face was made of stone, facade as always. Calm. Cool. Made you suspicious as hell. I scowled at him through my pain and stroked the rocks beside me with my nails, ever so slowly starting friction and heat.

His eyes burned down into me, body unmoving as the sparks flew. And the house was all too soon consumed. Along with my own body, it ate up onto his as he jolted away and was yards away as I burned.

My grin matched his as I fled through the flames and to my new journey onto the horizon. I ran away from my pasts. Ran towards a new light. Ran towards a new hope, burning, flames consuming my flesh as it healed and burned in a continuous cycle.  Eating my flesh with a hunger, consuming my energy.

It scorched the grass below my feet, leaving a dark trail behind. I was ablaze till I collapsed into the waters beside our home. The waters soothed my torched skin. Licked at it with a gentle caress.

And then the atmosphere felt heavier. It was almost a death grip on my lungs. I already felt the presence of Tethos. His stature upon the hill gazing down upon me as I floated in the lake.

I never moved, terrified, frozen. I allowed my body to float across the water. Allowed him to believe the best I could muster, that I was dead. That I had drowned. It was a daring move. With his perfect vision, he could make out the lines of my face. Probably smelt the fear radiating off me on the wind.

I drifted downstream, across rocks and through a small water fall, into the next pool below it, before being tossed into the sand upon my face. The sand burned my eyes and nose, but I kept still till Tethos's presence weakened and nearly dissipated.

I found my arms dragging myself unto a patch of grass and then bringing myself to a stand as I glanced back to find Tethos still staring upon me from his hill. He still looked calm. Still scarlet. His presence was daggers in my sides as I limped down a dirt road and into the sunlight.

I limped for hours. Walked until my feet left blood marks into the dirt before my knees gave in and I collapsed into a wagon of hay alongside the road. An ox fed upon the grass, paying little mind to me as my eyes fluttered and closed in exhaustion. I was ready to die. Ready to die as I slept.

I slept uneasy. Woken from every bump on the road. Until my brain connected with the ride and I found myself awakening to a child's face. She was a teenager, much around my age, but with the soft face of a child.

"Papa, she's awake."

"Leave her be Lotti."

Lotti smiled softly at me and patted my head.

"But Papa, she's awake."

"Don't scare her. We're on the road. Wait to speak with her till we're home."

Lotti's face fell, and then she grinned at me.

"I'm Lotti. What's your name?"

I fought to keep my eyes open, exhausted. Her blood smelled so sweet. My fangs bushed against my bottom lip as I opened my dry mouth.

"My name is Renee."

"That's such a pretty name Renee. Where did you come from?"

I had to grin when I answered, "The pits of hell."



© 2014 Broken Hearted Faux


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

More please! I need more.

This chapter had fewer errors than the last one, by the way. Good job. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
1 Review
Added on May 22, 2014
Last Updated on May 22, 2014


Author

Broken Hearted Faux
Broken Hearted Faux

Salt Lake City, UT



About
Hello, the name's Lexy I've been on and off from Writerscafe between life and inspiration. I was once a dedicated writer, always with a pencil in my hand and a notebook by my side no matter whe.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux