Chpt. 2

Chpt. 2

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux
"

Alisa gets to the hospital, and some people are interested in her

"

“She coming through?”

My arm, I believe it’s my arm, wiggles slightly and tingles lick at my nerves.

“Well, slowly. That was her foot.”

Oh. Where’s my arm?

This body is a stranger to me for the moments.

“Alisa?” Lindsay’s hand rests on my neck. I think? “Alisa, wake up.”

I am awake. Am I not? Too numb. Too dead. Maybe I am dead already. A zombie.

“I got you some food.” There sounds like a smile in her voice. “And I’m trying to wait for some coffee for us.”

I try to find my eyes by searching through the numbing fog. Light, sharp and painful, greets me first. “Lindsay?”

“Alisa!” Her arms take my neck in a tight hug. “God, I thought I lost you.”

“I’m still here.” I smile when she meets my gaze. Then I glance at the woman behind her. “What’s my damage?”

She cups her hands around the board on the wall. “Well, it seems your tissue was shredded by the ripple of bullets we found in your arm. You lost plenty of blood, but we’ve stitched and bandaged you. You’re hooked up to a donor’s tab at the moment.”

I slowly look to my left, seeing blood draining from a bag into my left arm. “Good.”

“She’s still under the influence of the drugs.” Doctor chuckles.

“Hey, it’s like picking on a cripple.” I narrow my heavy eyes.

My insult causes Lindsay to smile. “That’s exactly what we’re doing.”

 “Shut up.” I grab the bottle of water next to me with my left hand and try to lift my arm but fail.

The mood changes as soon as Phillip Pryors enters the room. We both hold his gaze. He’s a tall, dark man, probably 6’ 5”. His head is bald shining in the room’s lights. Standing tall and bulky, similar to a squad army leader. But his hazel eyes are warm.

“I hear Alisa got her arm cheese grated.” He smiles, white teeth a contrast. “Alisa Fox, we trained you better.” His eyes fall to Lindsay. “And you. Speak clearer during emergencies, Lindsay Carmella.”

“Yes, sir.” Lindsay salutes.

“Now. How do you expect to get anyone down if you can’t even calmly handle a rough situation?” Pryors looks at the doctor. “Would you give us a moment?”

“Uh. You Phil Pryors?” She eyes him.

“Yes, ma’am.” He bows. “Second lieutenant to Lex Leenox in the fight over in Africa.”

“Oh yes! I believe I’ve read about that.” She shakes his hand. “It’s an honor. Please, stay. I’ll excuse myself.”

And she’s gone.

“You liar.” Lindsay snickers.

“I’m surprised she bought it.” I speak up. “Lin, mind helping me with my water?”

“Sure.” She takes the bottle from me. Opens it. “Here.” She brings it to my lips and I drain the bottle. “Wow.”

“Lindsay, Alisa, focus.” Pryors orders. “Let’s discuss the mission.”

“But Lizzy is still damaged.” Lindsay’s voice hardens.

“She’s been fixed. We’ll leave tomorrow night to your home here. Alisa is strong; she wouldn’t have through herself in front of you she wasn’t thinking over the consequences first.”

I smile to Lindsay. “Actually, I didn’t want to lose my best friend.”

“Aw.” She hugs me softly. “Liz, you’re the best.”

“Focus Carmella.” Pryors growls. “Before Fox interrupted, I was going to explain how this one relates to the shoot out on you two. Our victim knows they’re found and we’re here.”

“So, we’ve got a bullet proof house, right?” Lindsay raises a brow.

“We don’t got those funds yet, Carmella.”

“Steel walls?”

“No.”

“How about a bed?”

“Just a normal house.”

“Damn.”

“Is that all?” I ask. “Cause I’m hungry.”

“You sure we can eat?” Lindsay smiles.

“Well I’m able to talk aren’t I?” I smirk.

“Found Captain Obvious.” She chuckles, and pats my leg. “Ah, feels great to be a family again.”

 

Eventually night fell. Lindsay left my side for a few hours to eat in town. I told her to take the vest; after all, she’d need it.

Leaning against my pillow, I let out a drawn sigh. The pain killers wore off hours ago, but I don’t feel any pain.

The door creaks, and I glance at it too see who my visitor is. But the entry way is empty.

“H-hello?” I raise a brow.

A gag is tied on my mouth, and a voice, low and convincing whispers in my ear.

“Don’t scream.” It is female.

I look to see her with long, dark hair and eyes of autumn. Her outfit is all black, from neck down. And a revolver rests in her left palm.

“Follow. Don’t scream.”

She removes my IVs, and shoves me out of bed. I stumble on my legs, nearly falling to the floor. Her hands grab the back of my neck and she guides me to the window.

A helicopter, jet black, hovers slightly beside the window. The woman moves it aside, and shoves me into it, the blade whirling above my head.

“Hand her here.” Another female.

This one has blue eyes and black hair down to her chest, wearing all black well like her companion. I look between the two as the brunette ties my wrists. They remove my gag.

“I need to pee.” I speak up.

“Silence.” The raven hisses.

“Fine, but if I end up going while we fly…”

“Shut up.” The brunette beats the back of my head once with the back of her gun.

The copter moves silently through the night as I hunch over in the corner. The raven and brunette watch me, the driver is male.

Brunette kneels down and cups my face. “Alisa Fox.” She glances at the raven. “Emilia, she doesn’t look to be a threat. Look at her, she’s pathetic.”

Emilia’s eyes glower. “She’s still broken. If she wasn’t, then you would’ve had to fight her in here. Not to mention fighting off her little girlfriend.”

Her words spark a fire in the base of my palm. If only my wrists weren’t tied. I would have all of them on the ground.

But where would I go? Lindsay doesn’t know where I am.

“You dare touch a hair on her head.” I hiss.

The brunette gags me again. “That’s enough out of you.”

My phone buzzes in my pocket and the females exchange a glance.

“Answer it, Adeline.” Emilia orders.

Adeline digs into my pocket, while Emilia ties my ankles. I glare at both as they raid me. Adeline pushes speaker phone.

“I’m on my way back, Lizzy.”  Lindsay speaks up.

Emilia unties my gag. “Don’t scream.”

I stare at the phone. “Whatcha bring me?”

“A large, juicy steak with union rings and a Sprite.” I can hear her fingers fumble with a bag beside her. “And hey, why are you on speaker?”

I peek at Em. She glares. “My finger must’ve punched it. Holding it up to my ear also uses precious energy.”

“Worthy to waste on a friend though.” She sighs and taps her fingers on the steering wheel. “What’s that sound?”

She must mean the wind against the blades.

“The wind. Doctor must’ve opened up a window earlier without me noticing.” I hate lying to her.

“Good one.” Adeline smiles.

“Who was that?” A question in her voice.

“No one.”

“Hell that’s no one. Put them on.”

Emilia smiles, takes the phone closer to her. “Yes?”

“Who the hell are you?” She hisses.

“Emilia Hart.” Em snickers. “Don’t tail too far behind.”

“Alisa, where are you really?”

My heart leaps. I must answer.

“I’m in the sky!” I scream.

“Goodbye.” Adeline kicks the phone out.

“You screamed.” Emilia runs her nail over my stitches, opening them.

And I scream into the black sky.



© 2011 Broken Hearted Faux


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really interesting so far. Nice one!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 20, 2011
Last Updated on August 20, 2011


Author

Broken Hearted Faux
Broken Hearted Faux

Salt Lake City, UT



About
Hello, the name's Lexy I've been on and off from Writerscafe between life and inspiration. I was once a dedicated writer, always with a pencil in my hand and a notebook by my side no matter whe.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux