Just Perfect

Just Perfect

A Story by Broken Hearted Faux
"

Popped into my head >,,<

"

The night’s hot, and crickets do their hymns for the evening. The click of my eye lashes all but disturbs the natural sounds of the hours of darkness. Her lady’s grace, the beautiful moon, is like a warm idea, bright and out for everyone to see. She lights our path and keeps the stars in order, allowing them to whisper amongst one another, sharing secrets.

Trailing my fingers in the grass, a cricket’s hymn is broken momentarily as he hops onto my chest. Sitting cautiously there, he plays again as if never interrupted. The others follow along, apparent that he stopped, but uncaring.

My hand grabs a handful of grass, and when I pull, they snap, each one popping out of the dirt. They descend out of my hands back to the ground as if falling leaves.

Night’s lullaby is such a sweet, calming dream.

“The night’s beautiful.” A whisper to my ear beside me.

I turn my head slightly and notice Izzy. I smile to her. “Yes. It’s gorgeous.”

My cricket flees as she nears, and his band follows. She lies beside me in the grass, and her eyes twinkle like the stars. “Why are you out here? I’ve been looking everywhere for you.”

I sigh and turn towards her, giving her lips a gentle kiss. “I needed some time to think.”

“Thinking? Outside in all of this?” She cuddles with me under a tree.

“Well of course…it’s gorgeous out here and so quiet…peaceful…” I let my voice trail off a bit. “A perfect sanctum for mere moments.”

She closes her eyes, sighs, and leans her head on my shoulder. “Just perfect.”

I chuckles slightly. “Yeah. Just Perfect.”

 

 

© 2011 Broken Hearted Faux


Author's Note

Broken Hearted Faux
Sorry if it's short...I ran out of ideas....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this. It would be a perfect dream. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Its just perfect :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love it, idc if it's short XP

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2011
Last Updated on September 23, 2011

Author

Broken Hearted Faux
Broken Hearted Faux

Salt Lake City, UT



About
Hello, the name's Lexy I've been on and off from Writerscafe between life and inspiration. I was once a dedicated writer, always with a pencil in my hand and a notebook by my side no matter whe.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..