Chpt 8

Chpt 8

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux

“Hey, Shame, let’s meet Thursday.” I jerk the car sharply onto the next street, my tires screeching.

“Something come up?” She taps her fingers on her desk.

“Lin’s missing.” I hiss.

“What?” I hear her shoot upright, wheels to her chair arguing with the action.

“Look, whose side are you on?” I crash the side of my vehicle into a brick wall and bail.

I wobble down the street, hissing whenever the cut from Braden’s knife stings. I’ve done a good job fixing it up.

Taking my Eagles into my hands, I march into the casino Pryors mentioned earlier and fire upon anybody in my way.

Citizens flee, screaming as security files in. I one shot each one as they enter, and steal magazines on my way for the other babies at my waist and back.

I activate my riot shield and drop it in front of me for cover as I turn to face the entrance. Police enter, and they don’t get any further than the door.

“The governments.” I hear Shame on the Bluetooth. “I’ll be there in ten.”

I scream as I throw a grenade behind me over the shield.

“Traitors!” I shout.

“Cease your fire.”

Shooting stops from around me, and I take the time to reload my Eagles. My eyes fall upon a young woman with long, auburn hair down in a braid. She’s in a police uniform, slowly descending the stairs.

“Alisa Fox.” She takes my face. “Are you mad?”

“Othella.” I spit at her. “You people are traitors.”

She shoves me backwards. “Us the traitors?” She laughs. “Who brought the fight here?”

“Dwopp’s under this building. He has Lindsay.” I argue.

“Then alert the authority. You’re in no place going in with unauthorized guns.” She fights back.

“I work for the government!” I flash my badge at her. “Now get off my case!”

She pulls her men out and glares at me. “Don’t be so reckless next time.”

Shamus shoves her aside as she enters, helping me up. “Sorry I’m late.”

“Shame? Yer on her side?” Othella scowls.

“Imma leech.” Shame shrugs. “I have to stick to my favorite donor.”

Palmer leaves, grumbling as she exits. Men fall back as Shame and I make our way down to Personnel Only.

“You loaded?” I eye Shame.

She nods. “My pistols are loaded.”

“I have magazines for you just in case.” I kick open the door and nail the guards.

“Damn. Yer good.” She fires randomly through the wall, and we hear a grunt, watching a man collapse to the floor.

“I learned from my master.” I chuckle to her. “Good to have you back, Shame.”

“Yeah, well, I had a feeling you were going to need me again.” She winks at me.

I c**k my Eagles. “Let’s go get Lindsay.”

She nods and we head down the hallway.

------

“Do you see her in there?” Shame whispers as we hover outside Dwopp’s doorway.

I peek my head in, glace around. “No”

A gun fires at my head, and I fall back, just as it strikes the wall. I hear Shame chuckle at my wide-eyed expression.

“Shut up!” I smack her.

“Your face was worth a million dollars.” She giggles.

“Shame, be serious.” I hiss.

“I am! You should’ve seriously seen your face!” She covers her mouth to muffle her giggles.

As the man comes into sigh, he’s down.

“Just shut up and focus.” I glare at her.

“Right.” She sighs. “Sorry.”

We enter the room, and freeze when Shame sneezes. This reveals a rd beam at my foot, an we both stare.

“Close one.” I sigh.

“Push!” She shoves me through the beam.

Alarms ring out, and the door closes, sealing off. I glare at Shame, but she shrugs and we pull out our babies.

People file in on one side of the room, and we bring all down with one shot. From the wall slides in two automatic machine guns.

“Shame!” I shout.

She growls. “I see ‘um!”

She throws two knifes at their barrels and the guns backfire, exploding after one shot. A piece flies my way, but Shame covers me.

It slices neatly across the side of her neck, and she rips a piece of her shirt, ting it around the wound.

“Shamus. Yer hurt.” I reach for her, but she pushes me away.

“I’m fine.” She snaps. “C’mon.”

I follow behind as we leave out through the door the men entered through. “Where do you think Lindsay is?”

“Don’t ask me. You’re the one who dragged us down here to find her.” She complains.

I groan and halt when we come to a hallway separating into three others. “Well this is great.”

“Calculate the way the hallways are built.” Shame fires at the one of the walls to the left.

The bullet goes through, but there’s no clanking of pipes, just flexible plywood.

“That one’s fake. Just added to through us off.” She turns to the middle and repeats. The sounds echo from before. “So is that one. Take the right.”

We march down the right, guns ready. Two guards go down. Then five. We make it to the end, and ram down the door.

“Shame! Lizzy!” Lindsay smiles from the wall where she’s chained to. “I’m so happy to see you guys.”

Shame shoots the chains, and Lin runs into my arms.

“Oh Lin.” I hold her two me. “Next time, don’t leave my side.”

“I promise, Lizzy.” She bawls in my neck.

“C’mon, Shame.” I nudge her. “Let’s go home; we’ll look for Dwopp later.”

“That’s no Lindsay.” Shame shoots the girl straight through the head and she falls to the floor. “There’s a door behind her shackles, she’s in there.”

I stare down at the dead girl in the floor, Disgusted that they got in my head. They know about Lin and I. How did they know?

“Fox.” She clamps my shoulder. “C’mon.”

I follow behind reluctantly, my hands squeezing the handles of my Eagles a little tighter.



© 2011 Broken Hearted Faux


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awwwwww poor Lizzy...*pouts and waits for the next chapter*

Posted 12 Years Ago


I just realized how many mistakes I have...but give me props I'm typing in the dark >,,<

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 2, 2011
Last Updated on October 2, 2011


Author

Broken Hearted Faux
Broken Hearted Faux

Salt Lake City, UT



About
Hello, the name's Lexy I've been on and off from Writerscafe between life and inspiration. I was once a dedicated writer, always with a pencil in my hand and a notebook by my side no matter whe.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux