chp1: Broken Lock

chp1: Broken Lock

A Chapter by ByJ.T.Rogers
"

Five friends brake into an abandon theater and find a mystic dressing room.

"
The Tree and the Dragon
By J.T.Rogers

Chapter 1
The Broken Lock

"EllinDon't be such a worry wort." Parker said as the five friends walked main street towards the darkest building in town. It was only four days before Halloween and they thought this Abandon theater would be a great place for a party. It was a dark cold night and the wind was blowing hard.

"I'm just saying we probably should talk to some one to get permission first." Ellin said. Her scarf blew off her shoulders and she caught it before it blew away. Ellin was a tall skinny girl with black hair, and brown eyes.

"Your always the goody to-shoe of the group." Amara said "Everything is going to be fine. We are aloud to get away with everything at least once, except for maybe murder."

"Yeah," Parker said " And no one will care much that we got into an abandon building, especially in a town of 3,000 people." Parker said as they got to the front of the old abandoned theater. Parker was a big guy, six feet tall, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was all muscle.

 "Michel, the bolt cutter, please." Parker said

Michel was the quite type. She moved to Farmington only a few months ago and randomly sat down at their little groups high school lunch table before every one else did. She was excepted in the group immedately when they all found out she loved watching cartoons.

 "Guys, can we at least go to a side door so we aren't seen. I Mean, like, Maybe we should get someones permission after all?" Michel said as she jumped up and down, breathing into her hands to warm them up. Her backpack clancked with all the tools Parker asked her to hold.

"Fine." Parker said and they turned for the back door.

With a clank and a rattling the chains fell off the door. They peeked into the empty hallway. Kacey pulled out her flashlight. There was so much dust everywhere. Even the walls were covered with an inch of dust. Michel pulled out her light from her backpack, fumbled and dropped it. It  banged against the wooden floor. All the girls squealed.

"Gosh!" Kacey exclaimed "could you not, ever, do that again!" Kacey was the brain of the group, a walking encyclopedia. She was short and wore glasses. She liked to ware black and loves adventure and scary movies.

"Sorry." Mishell whispered. She picked up her light. "Where is the switch on this thing? Oh here it is!" 

Ellin quickly pushed Mishell's light down. "Keep it down! People can see it though the windows!" Ellin hissed.

As they walked on stage the black curtains gave an eery shadow as they looked around. All the empty audience chairs looked like grave stones.

"This is so cool! It will be perfect!" Parker said "We only have four days to get ready before Halloween." He then started listing things they needed and what they had to do.

"Why is this perfectly good theater closed?" Mishell asked

"There was a murder" Kacey replied "About 60 years ago, 5 actors just disappeared between scenes and they found only one of them, bloody, and dead a week later." 

Michel gasped in horror.

"They found her right there on stage" Kacey pointed under Michel's feet and Michel jumped from her spot. "She had fallen from the cat walks. The investigation found she was badly cut in many places but she died falling from the cat walk, braking her neck. No one could explain the tragedy. So the theater was claimed haunted and Nobody came to it ever again."

"Hey guys check this out!" Amara said from above them.

"Get down from there!" Michel called out "I don't want you to fall and die too!"

"You guys got to come see this!" Parker said. Ellin and Kacey were on there way up. Michel didn't want to be alone so she followed them up.

Amara loved to climb things and was very athletic. She was in gymnastics, socker and girls football. She barely had time for friends but she couldn't miss an opportunity to see inside the theater. She loved to get into trouble a few times a year.

When Amara had gotten to the top of the cat walks she caught sight of something faintly glittery in the distance, her eyes were better then most at seeing in the dark. It was a broken lock and a golden zipper laying on the end of one of the cat walks. She picked them up. What would a lock be doing up here?  She thought and then decided on a whim to reach out and touch the smooth black wall three feet away. Her fingers almost instantly brushed across a small latch. She pulled and a hidden door opened! She called the rest of her friends and she went inside.


© 2011 ByJ.T.Rogers


Author's Note

ByJ.T.Rogers
If there is a spot you think would sound better worded another way pleas let me know. If the story just stincks then tell me. I wont take offence. I just want to know your honest opinion.

Character Description
.Ellin the blue and true
.Parker the Red and clumsy
.Michel the white and bubbly
.Amara the yellow and outgoing
.Kacey the orange and smart

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is really amazing. Truly a piece of art. You captured the characters well, same with the dialogue and scenery, though you need to work on a couple of misspellings.

Great job!

-- Morrigan

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

336 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 24, 2010
Last Updated on January 4, 2011
Tags: Scary, romance, adventure, Fantasy, Enchanted Dressing room


Author

ByJ.T.Rogers
ByJ.T.Rogers

Kaysville, UT



About
I am mighty and strong in arm, in truth, to Duty, Virtue, Loyalty and honor. I am a lifter of the week. I bear the burdens of the wery. I am a sun of the most high God. A lifter of light. I have.. more..

Writing