Chp4: Stone Bridge

Chp4: Stone Bridge

A Chapter by ByJ.T.Rogers
"

They fought with all their might to free themselves from the spider's cocoons as they were carried beneath the spider's bellies.

"
Chapter 4

Stone Bridge

They fought with all their might to free themselves from the spider's cocoons as they were carried beneath the spider's bellies. Parker was the only one that could have been strong enough to brake the webbings but he was in shock. They had found the devil's dressing room and were cursed to this god forsaken place. His friend Kacey is about to die if hasn't already and he had no way of helping her because he was being carried away by giant spiders in a cocoon. It all felt like a dream. It had to have been a dream. He was going to wake up at any moment in his bed and laugh about this with his friends at school the next day.

It was hours Before the spiders slowed their pace. They had gone into the woods. The sun started to come up over the trees. The ground was covered in Autumn leaves and there were many wild squashes and big pumpkins threw out the woods. They fallowed a stone paved path. streams had made their way over parts of the path and in the rainy seasons had washed away the rocks. They crossed a broken stone bridge and came to a stop.

The spiders went off the path aways then gently lay the four of them down, avoiding Pumpkins and squashes. The Spiders started clicking and hissing. The one that had been caring Parker was the first to speak. It sounded like he was giving orders to the other three. One went about getting fire wood and clearing out the pumpkins and squash while the rest started building up webs around the camp.

Ellin hated spiders. They were the worst things on the planet. She screamed for the first hour of being carried away by spiders. When the spiders had put them down her paranoya kept her look about to make shor she knew exactly were each spider was in fear that one would eat her at any moment. A pumpkin was right next to her head and it prevented her from seeing one of the spiders and that made her feel even more scared. She tried moving away. She kralled like an inch worm five feet before one of the spiders grabbed her and put her back were she was and glued her to the spot.

Mishell had fainted at some point and was just waking up. She moaned and wiggled a little. She then said tiredly "Mom, did you tuck me in again? I told you I don't want to be tuck.....aaaaAAAAAA!"

At that moment The man astride the motley dog came bounding into camp before the spiders finished their wall.

 "Release them." The man said. He wanted to get a better look at them to see if they really were what he thought they were, ions.

Amara was so mad she wanted to hurt something anything. As the spider was cutting her free she bit one of it's legs but all it did is hurt her teeth. She didn't let that slow her down, as soon as she was free she grabbed a sticks and went after the man. He had gotten off his mount and had his back turned. She knocked him in the back of the head, he face-planted into his dog. Amara gave him another good clobber before he came to his senses. she came at him with the stick then her fist, he grabbed her hands but missed her knee that kicked squarely between the legs. He growled like a tiger and threw her five feet. She knocked his Helmet off as She hit the ground, her head broke into a pumpkin. This women kept on catching him off guard, he hated being cot off guard. He was the second in command of a great army he was faster on his feet then any other man or women but for some reason the girl got to him in so many ways.

With his helmet off now you could see he was no man but a black panther. His face was covered in black short fer. He did not have a snout but the end of his nose was the wet black nose of a panther. His canine teeth were twice as long then normal. Amara was shocked to see his face. She always hated cats and this was now just another reason to hate them more.

"Tie that girl back up again!" The man said.

Mishell screamed "Don't hurt me! Do hurt me! Don't....." as the spiders cut her free. She Crawled to Ellin and held her tight. Ellin was scared speechless because of the four spiders touring over them and there was no were to run.

Threw the thin net of webbing surrounding them you could see a small group of spiders and Dogs marching passed and setting up camp. 

"who are you people and why were you in Murkwoods castle?"

Amara answered "You Murderer!" then spit at him, she now hung tide to a tree with pumpkin guts on her head.

"Un mouth that women!" She was getting on his nerves. He grabbed Parker by the collar of his shirt with both hands, pulling him up on his toes, then asked "I want to know what you were doing in Murkwoods castle!"

Parker was no longer in his right mind "Dude, you are the most tripped out thing I've ever dreamed up." He no longer was scared or worried because he had convinced himself that this was all a dream. he started looking closely at his hand "Wow I've never had a dream with so much detail!"

What? These people are out of their minds! Commander Kaplan thought. He was so frustrated, he threw Parker to the ground then stared at the four of them. Two girls on the ground crying, a crazy boy looking around like he's never seen a forest before and a girl who wants to kill him. He took a big breath and pulled on his face in frustration. I need rest, He thought. He wasn't going to get much information out of them tonight. However, he got the black haired girl  to stop balling when he threatened to leave her with the spiders all night, the unceasing balling got on his nerves. She then told him they were not from the castle but from some land called Otherworld. They were friends with a witch who wasn't a witch and something about going threw doors that made no sense to him. What were these people? If it wasn't for her sincere expressions of fear and her balling the whole time he would have left her with the spiders all night for telling him such ridiculous lies.


© 2011 ByJ.T.Rogers


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a really good story, the characters are very well described. A bunch of teenagers getting into trouble always makes a good horror story, I like how the story slowly changes from horror to fantasy in chapter four. There probably should be alot more transition and description in chapter three, the story goes by a little too fast. overall an amazing book , great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 5, 2010
Last Updated on January 2, 2011


Author

ByJ.T.Rogers
ByJ.T.Rogers

Kaysville, UT



About
I am mighty and strong in arm, in truth, to Duty, Virtue, Loyalty and honor. I am a lifter of the week. I bear the burdens of the wery. I am a sun of the most high God. A lifter of light. I have.. more..

Writing