Chp5: Blue Leaves

Chp5: Blue Leaves

A Chapter by ByJ.T.Rogers
"

Commander Kaplan Had never come across ion humans before. Yet he was shore this was what they were. Pure and untouched by any creatcher or magic.

"
Blue Leaves

Chapter 5

Commander Kaplan Had never come across ion humans before. Yet he was shore this was what they were. Pure and untouched by any creatcher or magic. If this was the case then he had stumbled into a great strength for their army. Commander Kaplan was glad the spiders hadn't ran into any trouble when they left the battle, it seams no one else noticed what they were.

Their clothing was so odd to Commander Kaplan. It was nothing like the leathers, and linin cloth htat he was familiar with. Yet the way these human's looked reminded him of an image, a feeling, that was so vage he himself could not remember what it was. They brought back a memory buried so deep in his mind it was hard to remember any details. It was a simple image, A group of humans like these all sitting and laughing.

The next morning was muggy. The small army started their march before the brake of done. Fog smothered the land. they marched over the rolling hills of this new world. At the peek of each hill they would step out of the fog for a few moments before plunging back in were you saw only a few feet at a time. At the top above the fog it looked like a flood had spewed out as far as the eye could see, the tops of trees and the peek of hills were the only things visible.

By mid day the small band of three dog riders and four giant spiders reached a grand castle. The fog had thinned yet it was replaced with dark clouds that dared to rain. As they reached the castle doors it began to pour. There were many trolls of all sises working on the walls and in the distance you could see a small stone mine. great big trolls of heights as high as twinty to thirty feet tall pulled wagons filled with ruffly cut stone from the mine. While the smaller trolls would set the stones on the wall.

Commander Kaplan let out a bellowing roar at the gate, It echoed off the stone walls. The gate opened with the sound of chains clinking and screeching like chock on blackboard. When the gate lowered once again. The spiders carrying the four friends realest them from their cocoons, they had been in them all night and day. They tided their hands and Had them walk the rest of the way.

"Man, I really need to take a pee!" Parker said to his spider guard. The spider kicked him to make him move. "ow!" He yelped. That morning when he had woken he was shocked to still see this world. He refused to believe it was real and by the time they got to the castle he had fully convinced himself again that this was a dream. In this state of mind he was able to except everything as is and fear nothing because to him it was all just a dream. 

They walked down a long hallway. The rounded silling towered over them and fiery lanterns were bolted on the walls. They walked into a large garden room. In the center of the room stood a great tree. It reached above the castle walls. The leaves were glowing reds, yellows and browns. A few of the leaves also shone dark blues. It was a beautifule tree but it did not bare fruit.
"Who inters my presents!" A voice urupted threw the room.

 "It is Kaplan your second in command. I bring to you four..." he paused for a  moment then said "Travlers, found in the castle of Gulandor. They are ion humans."

Leaves started flying off and spun around the tree before they shaped into a giant face. It looked down at the four of them. Mishell Was wide eyed. Ellin wanted to know what Kaplan mint when he said they were ion humans.

After taking a good look at them the face said "My name is Balfrick, I am a tree lord. What are your names?"

Parker spoke up first "My name is Eragon the strong and this is..." Ellin elbowed him.

"His name is Parker, We are are lost and are only trying to get back home." Ellin said

"And what is your name?"

"Ellin"

"let me ask you a few questions and I will see if I can help you get home." Balfrick said then looked to Michel who stood by Ellin. "what is your name?" Michel said her name, her voice shook with fear.

Ellin and parker started bickuring when the tree lord started speaking to Amara. "Would you get some sense and wake up!" Ellin hist to Parker.

"I'll wake up when I'll wake up but I want to have some fun before this dream is over."

"What!" Ellin said. "Are you out of your mind!" Then Balfricks looked at them and Ellin quickly stopped talking.

"why were you in Gulandor's castle?"  Balfick said looking to Ellin.

Ellin gulped then said "My friends and I had broken into an abandon theater, you probably don't know what that is, Um, We broke into a house and found a room we should have never found and when we came back out we were in a castle being chased by lizard men. Then.." She started to cry "Our friend, Kacey... was shot by an..." She tried to hold back her sobs but she couldn't keep them back, it was still hard to take in the thought that her friend was dead.

Amara spoke up "With an arrow by your commander there!" Just thinking about it made her so mad, she wanted another chance to see him on the floor in pain. Tears started coming down her face. Michel started to sob too and she held onto Amara.

"I'm sad your experience here has not been a happy one. Let me see what I can do for you. Commander, what was the situation?"

"Their friend was a witch..." Kaplan said

Amara interrupted him yelling and sobbing "She wasn't! she was normal just like us! You shot her for no good reason!" Hearing him talk made her want to kill him, he was full of lies, filthy lies.

Commander Kaplan being a Gentlemen waited for her to finish. "She was leading them some were and I stopped her..."

"She wasn't leading us any were!"

"Silent!" The tree lord said. "Ellin, is what Amara saying true, that your friend was not a witch?" He could see that Ellin would tell him the story honestly out of the four of them.

She had to take a few deep breaths to get a grip before she said "She was normal but she was waring a witch costume...." she paused to get composer before continuing. "Commander Kaplan mist judged her to be a witch." She looked up at Commander Kaplan then with a sad smile said "He didn't know what he was doing." and at that moment she was able to forgive Kaplan, she knew it was an accident.

"I can see you tell the truth, Ellin. Again I am sorry for your sad misfortune. Let me see if I can help cheer you up." With a would said to Commander Kaplan he released them from their bands. He called for a servant "Please feel free to clean and wash. Your guide will be here shortly and Will take you were you need to go. Your guards will stay with you for your own protection. After you are done I will feed you and we will discus what to do. I must go now." The Giant face of leaves fell out of the sky gently floating to the ground. As the leaves tuched the ground a great wind blew them up and out of the room threw the grand skylight above.

"Welcomme." A voice said behind them "My namme iss sscar. I'll be your guide."


© 2010 ByJ.T.Rogers


Author's Note

ByJ.T.Rogers
KAPLAN is the second commander of Balfrick's army. The panther man
Balfrick's is a powerful tree spirit who lives to please himself
Gulandor is a mighty dragon who is good with his words and doesn't care for the welfare of others.

Ellin the blue
Parker the Red
Mishell the white
Amara the yellow
Kacey the red yellow

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story reminds me alot of narnia, its the kind of fantasy novel that people fall in love with. I'm not a big fan of fantasy plots but even I am intruiged, I think you really have something here in your story. Try not to use too many of the same words in the same sentence, its something that I have lot of trouble with as you and many other of my readers have probably noticed lol great story though, five stars

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
1 Review
Added on December 9, 2010
Last Updated on December 29, 2010


Author

ByJ.T.Rogers
ByJ.T.Rogers

Kaysville, UT



About
I am mighty and strong in arm, in truth, to Duty, Virtue, Loyalty and honor. I am a lifter of the week. I bear the burdens of the wery. I am a sun of the most high God. A lifter of light. I have.. more..

Writing