Chp6: Wooden Secrets

Chp6: Wooden Secrets

A Chapter by ByJ.T.Rogers
"

Ellin almost couldn't get herself to undress and wash with a giant spider watching but the spider spoke to them, it had a womens voice

"
Chapter 6
Wooden Secrets

Michel Screamed when they turned around. Their guide was a gigantic snake. Michel was afraid of snakes.

"wow, cool snake!" Parker said, he reach out to pet it but scar moved back and looked at parker with a weired expression. Parker then felt he was being awkward and put his hand back down.

"SSorry I sstartled you. I mmean you no harmm." Scar said calmly. His head was twice the size of a lions and below his left eye was a scar across his massive face. his body would have stretched out thirty feet. He was green with wight spots going down his back.

Commander Kaplan left them with their guide. He deeply apologized for the miss understanding they had, Knowing he would never be able to repay them for what he did. He bowed and left. Amara decided she would never forgive that beast for what he did. One day she would get her revenge before they left this wicked place.

Scar showed them to a room with a fountain in the center of the room. wood pipes hung from the celing, witch would catch the water and take it to three copper tubs. "There are sstone water bacenss arounnd the fountain and linenn cloth to dry your selvvess off by each tub." Scar said.

The girls were first, Parker waited outside the room with scar and all the spider guards save one. He sat with his legs crossed on a wooden bench while scar lay waiting curled up on what looked like a very large wood table with very short legs. Parker was in slight pain, He still had to pee but now he worried that if he went he would wet his bed but his bladder wasn't going to hold for much longer. He decided to take a chance. "Hay, Do you have a bathroom?" Parker asked scar.

Ellin almost couldn't get herself to undress and wash with a giant spider watching but the spider spoke to them, it had a womens voice "I know this must be hard for you with me here but truly it is for your protection. There are so many things in this world that would love to have you and we can never be shore were or what they could be. You are so delicate in the state you are in."

Hearing the spider speak Surprised the three of them. They wouldn't have guest she was a girl or that she could speak English. After all, this was there first time meeting giant spiders. Later they realized that the lady spiders had more of a smooth and shiny look about their appearance.

"What do you mean? Is that what Commander Kaplan mint when he called us ion humans?" Ellin asked. Hearing this spider speak helped her feel more at ease with the spider, It wasn't just a monster any more but a person and she had a lovely voice.

"Lord Balfrick will explain it all to you, I myself do not fully understand what it is but what I do know is my great great grandmother was once like you. You are an ion meaning pure untouched by magic or beast."

Amara took off her ski cote and the rest of her cloths. The water was cold. She was grateful she had her cote after getting out of the tub.

They were given new cloths to ware seeing there old cloths were dirty and smelt of sweat. "Those covveringss you ware were traded fromm the land of the elvvess." Scar said as they all came out clean and ready. "Not mmany are gifted to ware ssutch apaerl." The clothing was almost to big for all of them, specially Michel sense she was the smallest in the group. They all kept their cotes and shoes, though they had to put on their dirty socks again because they didn't have any socks.

"Welcome to Brisbain." Lord Balfrick said as they sat down at a large table. The floating head was at the front of the table. The leaves reshaped into a man then took a seat in his chair. He smiled, Balfrick as a man was tall, dark and had black slick hair. On his head sat a crown of silver and gold. "Commander Kaplan will be joining us this evening" lord Balfrick said as Commander Kaplan took is seat on the right of lord Balfrick.

 lord Balfrick announced "Our food will be out here shortly. I have some good news for you, your friend is alive and well."

All the girls gasped, Is there friend truly still alive? They didn't know what to say. "how do you know?" Amara was the first to speak. She wanted this to be true but she had to be shore.

"Threw my recourses I have learned that she has been put away in a dundgen. Witches helped her with her woons after the battle but when no one knew who she was they took who to be an imposter. She is nolonger at the castle of Gulandors or I would save her myself sense I will be focusing my armies there to maintain my hold on Gulandor's fortress. She is being held a mile south of gulandor's in the witches larer." lord Balfrick said.

Five yung looking ladies came threw a door behind lord balfrick each careaing a tray. Each deferent in skin color, one was a bright green, another was a light purple and their dresses were white or matched the color of their skin. One was blue skinned with a blue dress. Their hair floated slightly and they apeared slightly translucent.  Each carried a tray, they lade one down in front of each person except lord Balfrick.

The four friends stared in ah at the beauty of the women. When they had left Parker asked "What were those women?"

"Dryads or you could call then tree spirits, I protect their trees and in return they serve  me." Balfrick said

"Why did they not bring you out a tray, lord balfrick?" Michel asked

"I am a Silvan wood god, my body does not need nourishment. Like the Dryads what you see is a spirit. Dryads can only taken on a human form. I can take on many forms."

The food was some form of meat and a salad. The meat looked like slices of ham but was white like fish and tasted like freshly cot salmon marinated in applesauce. The salad was made up of leafy greens they had never seen before. It looked like dandelion leaves.

"Michel, Tell me more of how you got here?" lord Balfrick asked.

 Michel looked up "What?" she said, she didn't hear all that he said because she was picking at her food. She was very hungry but she was a very picky eater. She worried the meat would taste like fish. "Well, we found this room up on the cat walk of a theater. The room was filled with costumes and when you put on the costumes you become something deferent. Like, I put on this blue dress and I became this little girl with blue skin, just like one of your tree spirits.The room and the costumes were like nothing I or any of us had ever seen before. Our friend Kacey had put on a witch costume. Like what Ellin said when we left the room we were no longer in the theater but in a dark stone hallway." She took a bite of the meat with out thinking "Hmmmm, this is delicious!" She squeaked then continued to shovel it down.

Ellin spoke up "See, Mr...lord Balfrick, our world isn't anything like this one. We had never known that a place like this or even a room like what we found even existed. We have no idea how we got here or how we are ever going to get back." A tear started to swell in one of Ellin's eyes. She was missing her family and began to wonder how long her family had known now that she was gone.
"Now, now, not to worry. I will do what I can to get you back home. Commander Kaplan has requested to be released from his duties for a time to help you save your friend and I agreed to it."

"What!" Amara shouted, "I thought this would be the last time we would see this creep!"

"Amara!" Ellin and Michel said at once. Parker almost spit out his food trying to hold back laughter.

Commander Kaplan wiped his mouth then said. "I wish to fix the wrong I have done." He looked at Amara with concern.

"You have helped enough." Amara said Staring back with a glare that would make week men shake in there boots. Looking at him made her angree but he had a stare that scared her, his gold cat eyes were piercing to her sole. She looked to her plate hoping he didn't see the fear in her eyes.

"I will have no more of this." lord Balfrick said "The decision has already been made. He is one of the few I know that will get you all there and back safely." said lord Balfrick

 With those words Ellin stopped glaring at Amara and quickly looked to lord Balfrick. Did she hear him right? Were they, the four of them, going to save their friend? How could they? They knew nothing of this world, nothing about fighting or rescuing people from witches.

lord Balfrick continued "I can not afford to send an army over to the witches lair to rescue your friend but you can do it yourselves with the help of Commander Kaplan. The four of you are what we call ions witch means you are untouched by magic. Your bodies will eventually be introduced to it and when it does they will change.It will only be a matter of time before you will inhale, eat, be cut or bitten by something that will change you or even kill you. It will be unexpected and unpridictibal. You could be turned into a plant or a beast that will stop you from saving your friend and keep you from going home." 

The blue dryad walked into the room, bowed and handed lord Balfrick a carved wooden box. Then left the room.

 "You are also very week in the state you are in. However, what I have here is a way that will make a controlled change. After the change the four of you will be stronger then fifty beasts. Many races would kill to have just one of you to be a part of their race. You would make a great protection and your children would carry the same strengths." He lifted the box into the air "This will change each of you into the best type of magical being that fits your personality. You will have the power to save your friend and you will no longer have any reason to be afraid of anything."

Something didn't feel right to Ellin but what other choices did they have. She knew they couldn't do it on there own. What they had seen of this world was enough to scare her from ever leaving the castle. Yet her friend was out there in that world, she was hurt and needed help. Ellin looked to her friends.

Amara looked at Ellin "What do we have to lose?" Then she looked to lord Balfrick and said if it means we will have the strength to save our friends then I say lets do it."

"what do you think Parker and Michel?" Ellin said

Michel answered "If it means we can save Kacey..." She nod her head "yes."

"Sounds cool." Parker said as he finished drinking the water in his mug.

lord Balfrick said "Then it is done. You will sleep here tonight and start out tomorrow morning." He opened the box. Inside was a glowing orb of black light, It looked like a swirling ball of oil with a purple glow. It's light was brighter then the torches on the walls. The lighted started to shine only in the direction of the four friends.

It hit Ellin then "How are we going to change back!"  It was to late to change their minds.

"Before four days time cross the wall of hollow hills to stop the change or forever be transformed." A deep voice echoed out from the box. The bright flash of light was but a few seconds. When the light was gone so was lord Balfrick and his wooden box.


© 2011 ByJ.T.Rogers


Author's Note

ByJ.T.Rogers
I'm 2/3 of the way being done with the story

Kaplan: is the second commander of Balfrick's army. The panther man
Balfrick: is a powerful tree spirit who lives to please himself
Gulandor: is a mighty dragon who is good with his words and doesn't care for the welfare of others.

Ellin the blue
Parker the Red
Mishell the white
Amara the yellow
Kacey the red yellow

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story is getting really exciting, I like the way your going with your characters. The teenagers don't know whether to trust Lord Balfrick or not, it's obvious they do not trust Commander Kaplan. The suspense is growing, I love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
1 Review
Added on December 19, 2010
Last Updated on January 2, 2011


Author

ByJ.T.Rogers
ByJ.T.Rogers

Kaysville, UT



About
I am mighty and strong in arm, in truth, to Duty, Virtue, Loyalty and honor. I am a lifter of the week. I bear the burdens of the wery. I am a sun of the most high God. A lifter of light. I have.. more..

Writing