Ch 5: To the Capital!

Ch 5: To the Capital!

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon
"

Phantom and Cheryl begin their quest and run into a demon.

"
                        Ch. 5: To the Capital!!

     Night soon fell on this spring day. they were on the run because of the commotion at Araela. the breeze brushed against Cheryl cheeks and chilled her down to the bone. ever since they left the village  she heard not one word from this mysterious warrior. she just followed him from behind uncertain of what would happen next. she knew nothing of this man.  she did not understand what type of situation would make him seek out an ambassador. 

     "Phantom why do you want to kill Wraith? he has been nothing but good for Gallea," she heard no response. she observed him and saw how his long black cloak would dance in the wind. her observation ended has her body began to shiver. phantom stopped abruptly. "What's wrong? is there a enemy?" she asked beginning to get in a brawler stance. "are you cold?" Phantom asked while looking over his shoulder. She was dumbfounded by such a question. Of course she was. the spring nights in Gallea plains were known for such weather. "well duh, Ain't you," she said in her street tone. "I am undead I feell no such things, such as cold or heat. I only feel physical pain in combat," He explained.

     Phantom looked around and saw a couple of trees hat seemed to be blocking the wind. "let us rest there fro the time being'" he said pointing to the trees that looked as if the were planted in a wall intentionally. he walked and saw the remains of a camp site. their were logs set up like benches but the fire pit was damp. Cheryl. sat on the bench-like log. phantom removed his cloak and wrapped it gently around Cheryl. She could not help but begin blushing. "I shall seek out fire wood and kindling, wait here.

     Cheryl was a bit shocked, this man of silence showing such chivalry. she did not expect such and act done by someone who just killed a group of knights. she felt safe and secure in his cloak like nothing could harm her. the cloak smelt sort of sweet for someone who is supposed to be a ghoul.  she began to wonder how such a gentle man could be so violent at the mention of Wraith's name. Ambassador or not. he must have really wronged Phantom.

     Phantom came back shortly with two big logs and a handful of dead weeds. he put the logs side my side and spread the dead weeds around. Phantom reached in his satchel strapped to his right hip and pulled pieces of flint,he began to slam them together. "Don't do that it will take forever, allow me." she held her up an touched the tips of her finger in what looked like a triangle.

      She began chanting something in a strange language. A flame formed in her hand sign. Phantom began to back up. then she finally said "DRAGON BLAZE!" a flame launched from the center of that triangle she formed with her hands. Phantom fell back in fear as tried to retreat. woods caught ablaze with controlled fire. she was very confident. "see that? I can hold my own as well. she looked at Phantom. when she saw the fear in his rose red eyes. she realized the Achilles heel to all undead was fire. "I...I'm sorry wasn't thinkn' she said in her street tone. she had a hint of sadness in her voice.

     Phantom put his on her forehead. "Worry not, you are not to blame. I should not have ,lost my composure. You simply wanted to help. so do not feel for me. again could not help but blush. he sat beside her, "are you warm now?" he asked. "yeah thanks a bunch," she said happily.

     "I grew up in a monk temple where they integrated religion with martial arts. we would have to learn the basic principles of chi; fire,water,wind,earth,wood, and steel. but i sucked with all the elements, but with fire. I was the best. the bishop threw around the word fire commander like it was special or something'  but i knew that I had to be the best at fire. so there you have it," she explained why she could use fire. "Wraith took someone from me." Phantom said. "That is why he must pay," phantom explained. she then understood Phantom a little better. "So, he is normal after all," she thought to herself.

     "Isn't that sickeningly sweet." a ephemeral voice said in sarcasm. "To think you beat warden over sentimentality. Diablis won't have that. since his grand plan is on the verge of completion. a shadowy figure begun to rise from the shadows. this creatures presence blew the campfire out. "here Phantom! she tossed the black cloak to phantom . the cloak put it self around Phantom. Phantom removed his blade-less sword. then the ectoplasm formed in his blade. Cheryl got in a offensive stance.

     The Dark figure than came to the world as a corporal being. a black skeleton that almost looked like a skeleton of a demon. his eyes glew a fierce red. it had fangs that appeared t be razor sharp, but the weird part was he had a rib cage and spikes that resembled a rib-cage on his back. he had a skeletal tail as well. "Phantom not to be rude but what the hell is that thing?" Cheryl called out. "I believe it is a Deva." phantom said. "what is a Deva exactly captain vague?" she asked sarcastically.  "You light dwellers refer to them as devils or demons. prepare your self Miss Gauntlet. it has a taste for light dweller blood.

     The creature then swung his fist at Phantom, Phantom parried but still got crashed threw a tree. the rib like spines extended to strike Cheryl. she dodged the first three and kicked the fourth hard enough to break it. the creature cried out in pain. "You b***h! How dare you break my spine. It opened its mouth gathering dark energy and shot a purple and black  sphere of energy. she put her hands together like she was holding a spherical object. flames began to gather in a fireball, "NOVA FLARE!"  she pushed her hands forward and shot a stream of fire initiate both  her and his attack. It hit dead center and a big explosion kicked up dust and smoke. she jumped up in celebration. "Cheryl you did it again." she said to herself.

     A rib like spinE impale her shoulder she fell to her needs. she felt her blood being drained. she screamed in agony. she could not move and the pain was beginning to make her sick to her stomach.  "SHADOW DRAGON SILHOUETTE!!" Cheryl heard a familiar voice. a giant shadow of a serpent dragon wrapped around it binding. Phantom walked out of the splinter tree. "Deva you should know 'tis not that easy to defeat a Revenant knight. my Revenant code is phantom: the one who serves no one. The Deva noticed the spell was actually coming from Phantom's shadow. "You should also know that Phantom's shadow magic is shadow dragon magic. Now, what name do you go by Deva? " The Deva   then knew his defeat was inevitable. "D****t, it is spinal cage." He said with  the tone of defeat, than the serpent bit in to the Deva and exploded. the silhouette of the dragon vanished with any trace of the Deva. "Are you all right miss gauntlet?" he said helping her up. "yeah, I'll live." she said. you and i should discuss my second reason for hunting Wraith.

    

    


© 2013 C.A.Jordon


Author's Note

C.A.Jordon
you know what to do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on August 15, 2013
Last Updated on September 5, 2013


Author

C.A.Jordon
C.A.Jordon

Barstow, CA



About
Hey,everyone... i've reading over my stories and jesus my grammer is terrible. I am going to go over them and do lot of editing. so i apologize, i just so into my stories I forget the basics. I am now.. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon