prologue

prologue

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon
"

A run down of the situation in Gallea: the divine empire.

"
                              
                           Prologue

     Gallea: the divine empire; a country that prides itself on their spirituality. they believe themselves the  right hand of Armony; goddess of order and harmony.  they savor the contributions from their great temples. Gallea is a country ruled by the Seven Cardinals. using a king as a figure head. and the Twelve noble houses as a police force. but the real dirty truth of it they are greedy old fools. but as long as they attain their greed, we of Necroshade shall have a business partner.

     The king lost his wife right after Leon was born. attacked by men cloaked in black, our little handy work I must say. Who am i you ask? I owe noone any explanation.  If you must call me something... you may refer to as  Muramasa, named after the blade I wield. I am here to show you the true face of the 'Divine Kingdom.'

     They simply use the goddess of order as a system to control the feeble minded commoners. The Cardinals claim it is for the "commonwealth's" retribution. What it is truly about is filling these old fools pocket full of money. They are common crooks and murderers. The truth is they hire me and my brothers and sisters of the night to kill the, so called non-believers and blasphemers as they call them. the cardinals kill Those who see the truth and speak out against the seven. That old fool of a king still doesn't get that Silvia was executed. We did our job well and made it appear like she got killed by brigands.

     Who is Silvia? A commoner woman that the King married.Silvia even bore twins,Alexander and Alexandria Vincent Gallea. Alexander has the physical attributes of the royals;blond hair but the emerald eyes from his mother. On the other hand Alexandria  had brown hair and the same emerald  green eyes. in a word she was the spitting image of her mother and he his father. What? what do i mean by 'was'? my ninja have tried to take her life up until she was fourteen. unfortunately the twins were trained by the royal sword master. she was the master of sword and dirk style where her brother was a master of one handed quick draw swordplay. they have always been equally matched.

     In short many of my lesser members were killed by her. She had a temper, unfitting of a princess half blood or not. She was a tomboy who enjoyed hunting and martial arts where Alexander learn the proper etiquette of royalty. The ironic part is the king feared for his daughter's safety and had a royal naval fleet take her somewhere safe.  Than a group of pirates raided the supplies, killed the men, and  took the women... for there own sick needs.  It was rather fitting as feisty as she was, the pirates probably had a lot of fun with her.

     Then Leon wanted my men to execute Alexander. it seems that alexander heard everything that Leon, the seven cardinals, and I were talking about when noone was looking. he ran to his room took of all of his royal cloths including the pendant that established his royal title and left them upon his bed. Alexander put on a commoners blue tunic and took his sword, you see there is significant mark on a princes or princesses weapon of choice. It is also a magic incantation that prevents the blade from dulling,cracking, or chipping by using a keyword; his was Azure.

     You see the boy jumped of from his room the second highest tower on Castle. Alexander missed his twin sister dearly. Alexander was tired of the corruption and prejudice, for the cardinals believe anything that is not human should either be purged ore serve Gallea unconditionally no matter how dire the circumstance. The non humans such as Forrest,Shadow,Mystic elves,Dwarves,Nyad, and Dragon Knights were taxed on borderline impossibility.Alexander was just so tired of it all. alex never feal more alone than he did now.the assassins cornered himas he wanted them to they threw multiple throwing knives known as kunai. he could have evaded but did not want to so he allowed tham to hit hime in all parts of his body. the pain was indescribale and so he allowed himself to fall and and plummet to the moat . they all thought he died that day. but i was there in the woods hunting my latest job. a merchant foolish enough to rip off the Royal family. Leon jumped on the chance to pay for him and I witnessed something no one else saw. he was floating down th moat and was still breathing. I was so impressed that my ninja didn't see that coming i decided to hunt him. but i lost him in those woods. the boy was smart to ditch an assassin. it was from that point on i decided he was my prey.

...............................................................................................................................................................
                 

     A young girl was running in the wood she wore bagged weathered pants with a  matching big shirt with large leather sleeves. bothe the shirt and pants were a violet color, she had  brown cloth shoes with some tears in them, and she wore dagger strapped to the back of the pants on a worn cloth belt the dagger had an emerald handle with a few  red gems and the blade was curved in what look like a jade gnarled root. this was clearly wood kin or forest elf craftsmanship. her out fit was torn mostly on the back from being whipped. she had three inch pointed ears, long magenta hair tied in a single ponytail, her eyebrows were pink as well,her skin was peach colored and soft, her eyes were also a magenta.  "Get the half-witch. she is dangerous." said the obvious head farmer. There were half a dozen men with pitchforks, gardening hoes,and torches.

     she ran as fast as she could, looking behind her she felt a sharp pain in her ankle. she fell hard to the ground,"damn I had to sprain my ankle. nice going Rosalind,"she said to herself. they finally came to a stop. "So you are mortal after all?" they said looking at her like an injured doe on one of their hunts. there were a total of six; two with torches,two with pitch forks,one with a hoe, and the leader with a sword.

     the leader held his sword up to execute her. Rosalind closed her eyes. she heard something.crash and fizzle out. she opened her eyes the only light was the moon, and in the moon light someone covered in a green cloak was standing above the two who had the torches. "leave here, for i am the guardian of these woods." said the man. he was about Five-ten. but seemed to have a more powerful presence than these men. One of the farmers with a pitch fork cried out,"Look out Grieg, they say there is some spirit that protects both the half-witched and the full witches."

     "Take that back," the man said. "Take what back?" "what you just said, in my presence you will refer to them as what they are... Elves and Half-Elves. you will not use such vile them as witch in my presence." said the man. 
one of the farmer,the one with the hoe went to attack him, he dodged to the left,  once he saw an opening he stuck the farmer in the stomach. the farmer's eyes widened in pain. He felt sick and unintentionally drools as he passed out, the two with pitchforks Charged, but as the approached the saw flashes of light and then their pitchforks were cut in fours. They had appeared as the heard a click. just before his cloak fell they saw a sword.

     "Screw this we ain't solders, your on your own Grieg." the men ran. "Well i was once a solder, that witch will not survive. "I thought I told not to call them that?" he said  with intense anger." "well make me call them elves then." Grieg ran to strike a clean blow. in a flash of light and some sparks. the man parried the attack. Grieg charged again, he parried and struck him in the back of his head with the back of his fist.

     "Gieg have you had enough Ol' man,"said the guardian.  "How is this punk that good. he can't be older than Nine-teen. and yet... he fights like a veteran sword master." Grieg thought to himself. "What is your name guardian?" "I am called Alex Vincent the azure flash for good reason. The Gardian removed his hood. he was a boy not older than nine-teen as Grieg thought. Alex had medium long blond hair that was parted and emerald green eyes. Grieg sprinted to attack him. Alex rolled to the right hoping to get him from behind. another flashing spark. Grieg even parried behind. he dodged to the right and with Alex with his hilt knocked the old solder out. than he sheathed his sword.

     "Rosalind, am i correct. Alex held out his hand. she slapped it away. "yeah, who's asking?" Rosalind said defensively as she got up. "No matter how many times I see it you Forest elves heal really quick." Alex said with a look of amazement. "Stop staring, that is just creepy." "Yeah... right! your father the elder of one has asked me to  save ten half elves. you would make ten. you were really hard to track. but i found you. your father created a refugee camp for half-elves like yourself. I am here to escort you." he said with a warm smile.



© 2016 C.A.Jordon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on December 8, 2016


Author

C.A.Jordon
C.A.Jordon

Barstow, CA



About
Hey,everyone... i've reading over my stories and jesus my grammer is terrible. I am going to go over them and do lot of editing. so i apologize, i just so into my stories I forget the basics. I am now.. more..

Writing