Ch. 2: the girl at Araela

Ch. 2: the girl at Araela

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon

Revenant code: chapter 2: the girl at Araela

          Araela is a town that makes their living by growing and harvesting crops. The towns people all look after each other like a big family. Araela mostly grows their crops for Galea: the holy alliance. Araela is a neutral town. They even sell crops to Kerreth: the dark empire. These two countries have been fighting for centuries. Galea uses the runenology to power up the capital and the mobile suits known as White Knights. The capitol Rune metropolis is the capital of Galea. This city is where the allied council, the king, and all of the houses of nobility reside. Runenology is a form of Technology that uses magical runes to improve or as a weapon. Runists are type of mage that have mastered the use of Runenology. Runists have a weapon known as a rune launcher that they use as a catalyst and inhibiter for their gift. Runists are different from mages in different ways. A Runist is born with the ability to use runes where Mages must study for many years to call upon the forces of nature. This is the most common knowledge of people. Runists are usually mercenaries where mages serve the king. Galea is known as the Holy alliance for two reasons; one of the reasons is the military is led by the Supreme Paladin. A Supreme paladin is a knight that goes on a pilgrimage as a paladin. Paladins wear runic armor known as aegis armor. It is a high tech armor capable of many feats. Aegis armor can speed up, strengthen a warrior, or repel magic attacks. A paladin’s armor is similar to a Runist’s Rune launcher. There is no specific age or social class to become a Supreme paladin.  The second reason is it is an alliance. The alliance council consist the representative of the Elves, Dwarves, Water nymphs, Dragon knights ,Fairies, and of course the Humans. There was a prince of ages past that faked his own death so he could travel the world. When he traveled the world he nearly died of exhaustion. A small village took him in and made sure he was taken care of. This village had dwarves as guards, water nymphs as fishers, a dragon knight would fly around on his dragon to make sure there were not no airborne monsters, in the house he would stay in the family consisted of a father, mother and two children one was thirteen and the other was around the princes age seventeen. The mother was an elf and the father was a human. The two children were half-elves; there was also a fairy who acted as the nurse of the village. When the prince saw this he was overwhelmed with such love for one another. He lived in the village for about six months. Than an assassin that was after him killed every one in the village fell victim to this monster. That was the moment that this prince decided to unite all the races. For the past 1,000 years the alliance has been solid.

          Araela had an inn and some jewelry stores. Araela mostly had bakeries and other food stores. The town did have a Tavern where one goes to get information. This town was a humble town. Everybody would say hi or help depending on the situation. Though it was a small town it had more of a village-like atmosphere. Recently bandits have been taking crops and women from the village. There were less and less women to be wed. The mayor was getting worried what might happen if they tried to oppose the bandits. 

          The bandits showed up to take another girl. The bandits target was a girl that worked at the Inn. She had blond hair with blue eyes. This girl eyes were crystal blue, she wore blue jeans that could only be found in the capital. She had a white button up white shirt she also had a blue jeans with white tennis shoes. The girl had blue finger gloves. Her pants were not specifically tight. They fit just right. She had her hands in her pockets.. One of the bandits could not control his saliva glands. He analyzed from head to toe savoring her curves. This bandit unsheathed his knife. “Hey there beautiful if you come peacefully, I will be sure to be gentle, I promise,” said the bandit with a lustful look on his face.  “You even think about touching me you parasite I will pound ya in da ground kapeesh.” She did not realizing there were three bandits. “We out number you, you sassy- mouthed b***h!” The head of the trio shouted. “We should teach her lesson for the boss,” said the one on the left. The one on the left had a shaved head with distinct tattoos. He had a deep voice that made him sound like he was not the smartest member. He wore torn pants but no shirt. He was kind of tall and very muscular. He held a hand ax in his right hand and had an armlet on the left arm. “I hate to admit it but Bartholomew may just be right. If the boss finds out a woman was disrespecting us he’d feed us to the monsters in the forest. The one on the right was a little smarter but not much. He had an average intellect, this much was apparent. “I don’t need you guys opinion I already know this.” He turned his attention to the girl. “Hear that wench? I am going take care of you for disrespecting the Rogue wolf bandits!”

          “Bring on you Neanderthal! I always welcome a challenge.” She said with a cocky smile. She threw off her jacket and started to unbutton her shirt, “don’t get any funny ideas.” She started to unbutton her shirt. The bandits stared at her like they were in a trance. She made it to the last button. She had a tank top underneath her shirt. “What! That was disappointing,” Said the head of the bandit. “I told you not to get any ideas you Lech.”

          The girl was ready for a fight. “Name’s Cheryl Gauntlet, and I will serve the special; a home cooked a*s whooping, kapeesh?” the bandit with the ax attacked her with a vertical swing. She stepped to the side, the ax crashed down. Cheryl decided to take advantage and hit him in the face with a high kick. This blow sent him flying in a fruit stand. The fruit stand collapsed as he passed out. The slightly smarter bandit unsheathed his sword. He attempted a thrust, but she stopped the blade in by clapping her palms together. The bandit had a look of shock come over his face. She moved the blade horizontally and pushed it quickly. The hilt of the blade hit the bandit’s Adams apple. The bandit instinctually dropped the sword to hold hi Adams apple. She sent him flying and landing on his back with an uppercut. It knocked the wind out of him; this led to him becoming unconscious. The lead bandit was shocked at the skill this woman had in combat. He attempted to slash her with the knife.  She stepped to side reverse back handed punch, knocking him out. She dusted off her palms and putting he r jean jacket back on. She picked up her button up work shirt and headed to her small house.

          As she was heading towards her house she noticed group of the towns people were talking. Among the people was the mayor, “what’s going on mayor?” she asked. “Do not act as if you do not know. You’re the one who assaulted the bandits. Now they took my little girl. She just turned ten.” “Those B******s, they will pay!” Cheryl said with rage. “Haven’t you done enough Cheryl? If you continue to oppose them they are going to crack down on us,” Said another villager. “I cannot believe what I’m hearin’, this is cowardice. They’re the one who tried taking me,” She pleaded. “That makes sense,” said the mayor. “But they are going to cause more problems for us.” The mayor pondered. “Wait, they report what goes on here to their boss, correct?” asked Cheryl. “Indeed, I know what you are thinking Cheryl, but I am going to have to implore not to do it. Even if you were to make it in, bandits are like roaches. You kill one, a hundred more will assault you.” “Don’t worry about it, I used to take on mafias in rune city before that stupid, pretty boy kicked me out.” She reassured the mayor. “Very well Cheryl if you insist but, you should take some of the men with you just in case.” The mayor insisted. “All right geezer, if you are really that worried about me” she said playfully. “Alright, which one of you guys want to accompany a local trouble-maker to make more trouble?” she asked. Four farmers raised their hands in acceptance. So they fallowed the forest path where the bandits would normally come from.

          They eventually made it to the hideout. One of the farmers tried to strike. Cheryl gripped his tunic to lower ground the farmer. “That was my wife that scorned you and that is my daughter that they have taken”  “I get it farmer, but if we all get killed no one will be saved, kapeesh. I’m all for action, I am also not stupid. We need to scan the area first. It is possible there might be a back way. If can find a back way then we can save that girl with little to no casualties,” She reasoned with him. “Sorry, you are right.  I guess I lost myself for a minute.” “It’s alright your little girl was taken. It is partly my fault, I will do whatever it takes to save that little girl,” she said heartfelt.

          They started to scan within the shrubs. The hide oust looked like an old worn down temple. It was not as big as a castle. It was weathered and fins grew around sides. The stone temple also had some moss growing on it.  Cheryl counted one hundred bandits. “It could be small army. This may be harder than I thought. She was contemplating how to sneak pass the bandits to save not only the little girl the other women as well.

           She felt a sudden chill down her spine. She looked behind her, “that’s weird, that usually means someone’s behind me.” She looked up at the sky for reasons even unknown to her. The clouds started to merge together. “Weird is there a storm coming?” the clouds started to turn black as ebony. There were flashes in the cloud. It was like when a storm is about to come. All except the flashes were red. It began to rain around the hideout. “What the hell is going on here!” the rain was black and smelt of burnt flesh. She looked towards the hideout there was a black vortex that came from under the hide out. Something was trying to come out of the vortex. The bandits began to scurry like rats. The hideout begun to, what appeared to be collapse? A giant monster came from under the hide out. The giant was as tall as a mountain. It had thick black bones and appeared to be angry. It resembled a thick boned skeleton. Its eyes were bright red, it had bone claws, and its fangs were large. It suddenly dawned on her what that monster was. “A, a, demon but How is that even possible?” It was staring down at something. Cheryl could not make it out because of the dust. “Cheryl the women have escaped. We should probably leave.” She looked back, what about the girl?” “We got her too, according to her when the clouds showed the up the leader released them so they would not get caught up by the demon. They also told us only the lowered bandits bailed. It seem the leader allowed himself to perish with his hide out, his home,” said one of the farmers she brought along. “Good, get outta here,” she said. “Aren’t you coming along?” “I am afraid not, there something strange that the demon is staring at,” she said waiting for the thick dust cloud to clear. She could almost make out the figure. The farmer noticed a look of shock come over her face. “Cheryl, is something wrong?” “There is a boy out there not much older than me.” The boy was six foot; he had a black cloak with a skull button. He had a transparent sword that had four prongs. It was as long as a Scottish claymore and a wide as a b*****d sword. The swords hilt was made out of bones that were off-white. The boy was only holding this sword with one hand with little to no effort. He had silver hair and pale skin. The boy was too far for her to see his eyes.



© 2013 C.A.Jordon


Author's Note

C.A.Jordon
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue, etc.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
Added on September 22, 2011
Last Updated on September 3, 2013


Author

C.A.Jordon
C.A.Jordon

Barstow, CA



About
Hey,everyone... i've reading over my stories and jesus my grammer is terrible. I am going to go over them and do lot of editing. so i apologize, i just so into my stories I forget the basics. I am now.. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon