Transfer student

Transfer student

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon

            

Boken: the transfer samurai: Ch. 1 transfer student

          “Did you hear we have a Japanese transfer student?” said a female student.

 “Japanese, I saw the student he isn’t some squinty eye Jap,” Said a football player.

“That is so racist, you better apologize!” said the foot player’s girlfriend.

 “Sorry babe after effects of hanging out with my old man.”

“That’s all right baby.”

 

The school was excited to have a new student from another country. It was the first day of spring; everybody was excited about the festival that was to come. The sound of students socializing and telling their friends what they did over the weekend flooded the hallways of Kendra academy. This school is one of the few American schools that only had three grades. They were known as first, second, or third years rather than sophomore, junior, or senior. The rumor of the new transfer student spread fast. 

this student  was not just any normal transfer student, but the youngest son of a graphic novelist from Japan? The bell soon rang the students scurried to each one of their classes. Kendra was a small school so all the first years had the same teachers as well as the second and third years. The classrooms were labeled 1Y, 2Y, and 3Y. Simply; the numbers stood for first year, second year, and third year. Each one of the classroom holds about twenty to thirty students.

          Miss Bianca was the teacher for the second years. Though she is a teacher she hardly looks the part. She has long blond hair, she is about five-ten, she was only twenty-six, and she is single. She tries to keep out of relationships because she tends to pick the wrong guy before her. She loves her students and teaching. She also tends to have the curves that most people would assume fake if they had not known her.

 “Hello class, I am glad to announce that we have a physical education teacher for all three grades and we have a new student. So let’s give him a warm welcome after he introduces himself. A young man about sixteen came into the  home room class. He wore a black Japanese school uniform. A black blazer with matching pants, he had black dress shoes, he had a cotton button up dress shirt with a black clip on tie. He had pale skin. His eyes were a deep blue and his hair was brown layered hair. He had a sincere look in his eye. 

Kenji carried himself almost like a warrior or a samurai. He had something wrapped up in a white cloth. He held it with one hand as if it was a sheathed sword. The guys I the class room looked at him like he was some side show freak where the women were allured by him.

“Hello fellow class mates, I am Bomaru Kenji.” He turned to the teacher and bowed in a respectful faction hoping to be dismissed. “How about you tell the class about yourself Mr. Bomaru?” so he turned to the class, “I am a black belt in both jujitsu and karate. I was the captain of the kendo club back at japan. Yes I am Caucasian, I was left on the Bomaru’s family manga store. He took me in and raised me as his own.  Because I carry a Bokken my teammates would refer to me as Boken but with one ‘K’ so it would spell like a nick name. 

Kenji bowed to both the class and the teacher. “Okay I will sit you right there in front of Miss Carson. He observed the class room. There were six rows of five desks. The teacher was pointing at the forth row. There was an open desk in front of a girl who was sitting in the back. She wore a blue and white dress, She wore bifocals with blue frames,  She also had a jacket on her shoulders,  and She had these beautiful light browns eyes that were like  a kittens. She had a natural beauty about her. Her hair was rusty-red color. For some reason it just suited her. It was also tied up in a ponytail. He looked at her desk it said: Rachel Carson. So he went to the desk. He noticed she had a manga with the Bomaru stamp on it. "so she is a fan", He bowed to her and took a seat.

         

 

“Okay class, I know it’s early but this ‘is’ math hour. So hopefully you guys studied over the weekend.” Miss Bianca put up a complicated math problem. The last couple weeks they were working on some algebra. They were studying the PEMDAS equation. Most of the students groaned about this problem and no one dared raised their hand.

Kenji looked around the class room and noticed Rachel knew it but was too shy to go up to take care of it. “She is a timid one,” thought Kenji. Kenji got up and solved the problem with ease and walked back to sit in his seat. All the students’ jaws dropped, well except for Rachel. She was looking down out of disappointment of herself. 

The classrooom door slammed open, a girl that was out of breath, “sorry Miss Bianca for being tardy.” This girl had obviously died pink hair. Her hair reminded Kenji of the Sakura trees back in Okinawa. She wore a plaid skirt with skinny jeans underneath. She also wore white slip-ons; she had a black sleeveless shirt that button up shirt. Her eyes were a light blue. She was very pretty but he compared Rachel to this other girl. Rachel was better in the physically than this other girl. “This is strange veronica; you’re usually the first one in class?” the teacher. “Sorry I pulled an all-nighter in order to make the festival budget work.” Okay have a seat please. 

She walked towards Kenji. “Hi, I’m Veronica Montgomery. He bowed which dumbfounded her. She sat in the seat on Kenji right side. The periods eventually passed by quickly. It was finally lunch time. The students lined up by the number. The lunch area was loud and full of energy. Rachel noticed that Kenji was sitting alone. He pulled out a bagged lunch. The first thing he pulled out were fresh chopsticks. He pulled them apart and performed a Japanese prayer. He pulled out some rice balls. He also pulled out an omelet that was cut in small parts Perfect for chopsticks. She seemed very nervous when she walked towards Kenji. She pulled out her manga. She kneeled down and put the book bag on her lap. She bowed her head and pulled out and held the manga out in front of her and finally cried out, “Please sign my manga Bomaru Kenji!”

Bomaru swallowed his food and responded, “She speaks?” He said teasing. then, He grabbed her book and signed it on the front cover.

“You ‘do’ realize I am the one the writes the manga. That is what my father does.” He handed back to her.

 “I know, but to have even one of his sons sign my manga not to, mention share the same class with me is an honor,” her face lit up making her even more beautiful than before.

 

 “Even if a member of the Bomaru family has been disowned?”

 

“Yes, Even then. It may not be legitimate but I don’t care.”  “That is good to know, I have been disowned because I got involved with the Yakuza. Since I dishonored the family I was sent here for my own protection.” She looked at him, “that’s fine, I’m sure your dad still loves you. Thanks a lot!” she said with a smile so bright it would make any man weak in the knees.



© 2011 C.A.Jordon


Author's Note

C.A.Jordon
I changed it a little bit. I was told that the dialogue was confusing so i fixed it. tell me waht you think.ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue, etc

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you tell the story in an interesting way- you're good at describing details like clothing, we have an unusual character in Boken. Will be interested to see where this goes. I have to say that your grammer is fragile so really be careful with how you put sentences together for instance ' she was looking down out of disappointment of herself.' needs sorting out. The only way to improve the grammar is to keep reading a lot of books. Hope this gives you something to run with!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved it so much!!! Boken is such a cutie! He's my favorite character! Also Rachel too, love how she asked for him to sign her manga.

Keep it up!!!
=^u^=

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a cool story. I'm not normally interested in reading stories but this one gets my hopes up. I want to see the rest of the character development or if there will be any love triangle between the protagonists. There are many secrets that are in this chapter and I love to find out those.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like your use of details. However, try to be a bit more careful when writing. You sometimes skip words/use the wrong words (You ‘do’ realize I am the one the writes the manga dyed?).

Also, consider using paragraphs every time that the speaker changes. I know it gives you quite a lot of paragraphs, but it makes it much easier to read/understand, and really, I think that's how paragraphs should be used.

Great detail, really great. I like how you described his lunch/area.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great opening concept --something most authors don''t consider, or fear doing, works well in your story. You put a lot of work into the beginning and now it works for you. Excellent writing skills! --watch your grammar though. Dialogue works well but paragraphs are too --too -- Longgggggggg! If you read this to a friend, you will quickly see how to frame these paragraphs. Good job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So far it is interesting. I do like the main character so far!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

nice details but the way you do dialogue is confusing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thanks for the review I will take that to heart. and I am glad you like him.


Posted 12 Years Ago


you tell the story in an interesting way- you're good at describing details like clothing, we have an unusual character in Boken. Will be interested to see where this goes. I have to say that your grammer is fragile so really be careful with how you put sentences together for instance ' she was looking down out of disappointment of herself.' needs sorting out. The only way to improve the grammar is to keep reading a lot of books. Hope this gives you something to run with!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2011
Last Updated on November 7, 2011


Author

C.A.Jordon
C.A.Jordon

Barstow, CA



About
Hey,everyone... i've reading over my stories and jesus my grammer is terrible. I am going to go over them and do lot of editing. so i apologize, i just so into my stories I forget the basics. I am now.. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


snapshot snapshot

A Poem by Mockingbird


"Monopoly..." "Monopoly..."

A Poem by Chris