just another day

just another day

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon

                  Boken: transfer samurai: chapter 4: just another day.

          Both Boken and Rachel arrived at school simply just talking. The students at the school were minding their own business talking about dances and the different clubs they were planning on joining. “Where should I turn this in?” Boken pulled out the check that he received in the mail. It had some writing on it, “Is that the money your dad sent in?” she said as an amazing smile came over her face. She was smiling ear to ear. “Yes it is, not really sure where to turn it in.” “Well… remember that girl that was late on your first day?” she asked. “You mean Miss Veronica Montgomery correct?”  Boken responded. “Well this is the thing… she is the treasurer so you will have to turn it in to her. Make sure you write festival on it and she will now what to do with it.” She explained. “Boken I hate to ask this of you but could you be the class representative? We need a class rep and it would mean a lot to me,” she asked wearingly. “Sounds like fun I used to be a class rep back in japan,” he said with a relieved smile. “Thanks Boken, you’re the best!” she said kissing his cheek. His face grew hot and he was not sure why.  A feeling he hasn’t felt in three years came to him. He knows this feeling, this feeling of acceptance. One other girl made him feel this way a girl named Ryoko Musaichi (musa-ichi). He flashed back to the times him, Umiko, And Ryoko.

The Musaichi and the Bomaru have been enemies since early Sengoku. The Sengoku was a civil war that existed in this fifteenth century. The Musaichi are a group of water ninja where the Bomaru are a group of fire Zen master or flame samurai. So naturally they are enemies since the feudal era.

They headed towards the student government building. Veronica was there improving the budget as always. Veronica heard the door shut right behind her. She turned around startled, “don’t slam the door!” she demanded. She then realized she just yelled at the new student, “Sorry Bomaru I thought you were my idiot boyfriend,” Boken was not sure how to respond to that comment. “Hello Rach, so did you find a class rep yet?”

“Yeah Boken said he would do it. Also he has some money to donate to the festival budget.”

“How did you convince him to join the student government? He doesn’t seem like the representative type. “

“What is that supposed to mean Miss Montgomery?”

 

“Well guys don’t usually volunteer to become a class rep. they usually prefer the football team or something along those lines.”

 

“Well this school does not have a kendo team. I need something to keep me occupied. I was a class representative back in japan,” Boken explained.

 

“Well that is a good enough reason as any. Welcome to the student government of Kendra academy,’ she said full of energy.

 

Boken handed veronica the check that he had wished to donate. “Awesome this is just enough. I will present this to the board.” She ran out of the classroom quickly. “Where does she get the energy?” Boken asked. Rachel just laughed, “Monster drinks I assume.” They headed towards the cafeteria for lunch. There was group of football players which is actually code for jocks. There was specific on that stood out. It was apparent he was the alpha. He had a letterman jacket. His hair was blond and layered. He wore some expensive looking jeans, he had a black ‘big dog’ tee shirt, and he also had some expensive looking converse. He was bragging about something. Boken and Rachel were too far to here and care. The jock came over towards them. Boken continued to eat his Onigiri. Rachel looked really nervous but it wasn’t the positive nervous it was more like scared nervous. “Are still shaken up from last night Rachel?” asked Boken.

 “What? Oh no nothing like that it is just I did something wrong to a friend in the past.”

“Does that friend happen to be veronica?”

‘No, this friend isn’t with us anymore because of me.”

“What happened?”

She swallowed hard to be able tell him. She was hesitant, “forget I asked Rachel it appears to be a sensitive subject” He reassured her. “No, it’s okay, she committed suicide because her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. Her friend really liked the guy so even knowing this she still did it. I was that friend.  Hate to be this way now it is your turn. You mentioned a Ryoko yesterday.

“Indeed, she was someone I loved very much. My family and her family fought for generations. The traditionalists still hold to that grudge. Well I fell for this girl that was a part of that family. My oldest brother attempted to run me through. Ryoko got in to the way and told him ‘if you want him you must go through me first’; she didn’t realize at the time how ruthless my eldest brother Ryukai was. He ran her through and nearly got me in the heart.” He unbuttoned his shirt. He had many scars but on in particularly stood out. One scar stood out, the one where the heart was located. He buttoned his shirt back up. “I’m sorry I should not have made you tell me that.” She began to cry out of sympathy. “It is fine Rachel, you and I are friends, it would have come out eventually. There is no reason to cry over something that could not be helped.” He said putting his hand on her shoulder. She looked up and with that same arm he dried her tears with his thumb. Her face grew hot as he caressed her cheek.

The jock came up to them both. “So you found somebody to carry your baggage Carson?” said the jock. He looked at Boken, “The b*****d that was adopted by the japs. So what you gonna cut me with a samurai sword or something?”

“Luke, knock it off leave Boken alone!”

“Or what you’ll sleep with me again?”

“I would never do that to veronica!”

“Why not you did it to the other girl”

“That was…” she went silent”

“That’s what I thought w***e”

Boken rose up, “I am going to have to implore you to knock off that disrespectful tone.”

Luke looked at him like he was crazy, “do you know who I am? I am Lucas Wyatt. My father is a main donator to this school. That being said I’ll treat anybody the way I want.” Luke got up in Boken’s face hoping to get a rise out of him. Boken stood there staring him down. Luke threw a punch at Boken. Boken side stepped and tripped Luke. “What are you guys staring at get him!” two of the jocks tried to punch him in sequence. He grabbed both fists causing them to lay each other out. One of the jocks grabbed from behind them and another tried to punch him. With the back of his head knocked the jock that had him in submission, then di d a back flip, once he was behind him he pushed him into the other. Over was out cold and knocked the other over. The bell rang so they made their way to class leaving the jocks to fend for themselves.



© 2011 C.A.Jordon


Author's Note

C.A.Jordon
Tell me waht do you think.ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue, etc.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it!
Really hooking to read this! I. Must. Read. Next. Chapter!

Keep it up!
=^_^=

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is great. I can't say anything more or less on this. It has gained the screenplay of an action at the same time romance movie. Still reading on to the next.

Posted 12 Years Ago


thanks. oh its just because he's spoiled not really a bad guy you'll see later in the story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Even though Luke is the bad guys, I like him as the bad guy lol. Boken is still so cool!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2011
Last Updated on November 7, 2011


Author

C.A.Jordon
C.A.Jordon

Barstow, CA



About
Hey,everyone... i've reading over my stories and jesus my grammer is terrible. I am going to go over them and do lot of editing. so i apologize, i just so into my stories I forget the basics. I am now.. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by C.A.Jordon