YOU'RE A POET NOT A LOVER

YOU'RE A POET NOT A LOVER

A Story by CAPOLAVORO
"

There are just some men who are just good in words and not in works. Y'all guys who are like this, here is something for you.

"
You're a poet not a lover
You told me that I am the source of your power
discover, uncover, clever, bluffer
In the end you made me suffer

You're a poet not a partner
You told me about roses and flowers
Comparing me to petals
But what did I get?
Not even a chocolate
How pathetic

You're a poet not a swain
You say about getting stars
Spending hours on a train
A love to shower
In the end I got pain

You're a poet stick to it
Don't forego with love and be heroic
If you do
Be sure the words you use you'll prove it
Or else heaven and earth for love will move it.

© 2017 CAPOLAVORO


Author's Note

CAPOLAVORO
Ignore grammar problems just have fun. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

'YOUR A POET NOT A LOVER'
CAPOLAVARO,
How well does anyone really know another? What rules a soul in the deepest places? Presenting feelings, thoughts in word form will bring out the hidden. I wondered about the subject of your writing being someone which is presenting a person he is but is afraid to step out in the light. I hope, if this was a real relationship it has improved or you are happy now with a new love. I would like to hear a poem where you are truly finding joy in this area!
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Hi
Shoot. You're giving away all the secrets. Now I have to burn about half my poems and stock up on chocolate.

There is certainly a happy balance here I think, but one thing is clear. Don't give another poem about chocolate without the chocolate.

Posted 6 Years Ago


So long as you're aware that there are grammar problems, that saves me the trouble of pointing out the number of them. This poem, apart from that aspect, is brilliantly crafted, and well structured. Stanza 1 Line 2 is a bit wordy for the musicality and Line 3 is a bit confusing as to how it's connected to the stanza in what it's trying to say, but I quite enjoyed this! It's funny in its wit, but also sad in the other side of the story and therefore profound in its message. With a good polishing, it could genuinely be a poetic gem. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


this is lovely...i loved it..

Posted 6 Years Ago


haha! i definitely enjoyed it. this is good.

Posted 6 Years Ago


CAPOLAVORO

6 Years Ago

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it. :)
I had a laugh reading this, primarily because I fit into this category, though I haven't written a love poem in a while.
Though this piece is mostly satirical, it's profound in a way. Sometimes our thoughts can never go beyond mere words.

- William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


CAPOLAVORO

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for having a time to read this one. :)
Hah... I enjoyed the quick rhyme switches, and it is deeply lined with backwards emotion... From roses to petals, and pathetic driveling of chocolate covered lips... Heroically penned...

Posted 7 Years Ago


CAPOLAVORO

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much Silente. It is so good to hear a review like this from you. :)
It's amazing to me how many artists/writers/musicians are so in love with the idea love.. yet that's as deep as it gets.. They live in a daydream world, and cause the subject of their "affections" to suffer because they can't let go of that daydream.

Posted 7 Years Ago


CAPOLAVORO

7 Years Ago

I really get you. There are just some people who detached themselves to reality not knowing someone .. read more
Interesting indeed. A poet is probably a man of words and not of action ;)
This was humorous for me to read. Good work :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


CAPOLAVORO

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the appreciation. :)
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
Word of the day is "bluffer", i like how it was used. This was a very cool and fun approach to something typical. Don't buy what the poet is selling for a second. Good work, great poem.

Posted 7 Years Ago


mercy party

7 Years Ago

..i also wanted to add that you came up with an epic and memorable title here.
CAPOLAVORO

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much MP. I am glad that you had fun out from this piece. :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

639 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 25, 2017
Last Updated on February 25, 2017

Author

CAPOLAVORO
CAPOLAVORO

Cebu, 7, Philippines



About
My life is average. My heart is average. My pulse is average. My mind is average. You might think I am an average girl then? My hopes are supreme My dreams are extreme My writes are creativ.. more..

Writing
TIME TIME

A Poem by CAPOLAVORO



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..