In the Years of the Ages-Chat GPT reviewed

In the Years of the Ages-Chat GPT reviewed

A Stage Play by C David Murphy
"

A Shakespearean-style play. There are approximately 35/36 segments that will be posted, one per day. The play is in 5 Acts.

"

The selection is from my play 'In the Years of the Ages'. Please review in great detail the following selection, regarding form, movement, composition, style and writing skill set, with the emphasis on the writer's ability with imagination, language and development. the following selection is from Act 1 Scene 1, pages 2 through 6:

 

 

 

ACT   1   SCENE  1

Setting:        Two men dressed in medieval attire are present, a lone parish place for the dead is their discourse/one elder, nearly twenty,and the other eighteen, and child-like.

 

Mecir:           Fore announce yourself! A gentleman or man set in mind and heart to do us harm!

 

Aldercane:   His answer is deaf Mecir: I hear it less than an idle wind remembered in flight      here this very night. (hearing a rustle a second time, he rose his voice to it      again.)

 

Mecir:          A man of secret bears a pebbled discourse and a molten-rock evil! I say it only for our mutual advantage...Release thy intention to our waiting ear! (off in the distance, a lantern light appears to consume the darkness.)

 

Father Raskhar: A man dispensed to God's manner entertains no friendship with evil.     Patience is my delay. These ears are not so vacant and do hear thee well!     (appears a robed man, lantern in hand, and eyes scanning both bodies before     him.) Heard I, word of thy coming, by demon lips of a secondary speech     careless if be at best for thy foe's reception was its intention- Though tis I     waivered to intercept a riled formula on its devious course.

 

Mecir:           Ah Aldercane! A gentleman of versatile faculties not one less than ordinary beings. He speaks well to us! (both laugh and Mecir pats Aldercane on the shoulder.)

 

Father Raskhar: Despise the arrogant tongue who spawns such ill productions; and as      much as thou should attend, reckon my desperate warning- a death is near      reproach to thee. (they laugh.) Come, come- does youth establish humor upon      the dawn of a temperamental day? Neigh! Nor do I privy counsel to suspend      a childish, duo clan. Let death rest upon night, and upon this place be vacant      the addition of another member to its race. Be off with you quickly!

 

Aldercane:   Our dearest uncle, still in presence and absent of spirit, warrants our ultimate address. For it is this device we come to bury him under night's quiet stage and fractioned, un-parting veil.

 

Mecir:           Permit it father; and I, and my brother leave by peace accord.


Father Raskhar: Let it set till the morrow, when a drunken band has sought reason in a       sober morning, coming here upon a Nightengale tune, in desolate fits, where       death is the lone greeter of their tempted deed. From whence the dead cannot       be killed again and again- come, and allow death their final sight, and alas       set such barren swords a lasting resolution to do no further harm on this       grave sanctuary.

 

Aldercane:   What contents holding is Mecir's tyrant foe?

 

Father Raskhar: Foes of all the house of Laggetts.

 

Mecir:           What then marks a Laggett foe, that call on the bowels of earth to conclude our full scope and reason; and speak their name father.

 

Father Rakshar: I know not; only they come in thy haunted trail.

 

Mecir:          Tis Fear a reason for our depart? It is but a word for the cowardly heed- Thou      knowest my ancestral blood. Oh father- recall it runs a Laggett sea. Tis if spilt      midst this blackened existence on a shroud of other dead; then let it spill from      this body land and sanctify mine sacrifice in which commit I- for our name's      purpose. Thus, I bar my own self from no inquired battle; no force which      intends me abuse, nor hide from so misguided villainy- but joyous willing      to forfeit a soul obscured- henceforth; and retain thus an honour upon my      right hand in guild! (he grabs his sword's handle with authority.)

 

 Father Raskhar: Thy duty can turn another trade Mecir, and be saviour to thee and thy fellow sibling.

 

Mecir:           What valour doth I hold in it father? The man is yet a child to disown his valiance. There father, know I thou art unto peace its presenting landmark; the torch handle unto the flame, for absent this, the ember doth not proceed forth....And thou must make some objecting stand on me to uphold thy vital constitution...though what Life is led in seclusion, denied of face and appropriate glory, is Life turned against and vexed from all dignity forever more. I search no battlements but beware it not, once it seeks my mortem end.

 

Father Raskhar: A man so complete in twenty and beyond no further sum, cannot be      believed of full philosophy and reason, where his vexation lies not in betrayal      of grace; but of rejecting resolve of Life- interceding as lasting good. A better      dining in my house than upon the table of martyred souls! Sink beneath the      earth once more oh stingy death! For what claims have been asked yet                        unreceived that would feed thy bountiful dirge-pardon us from thine action      and eternal destiny- give way at last; give way and breach that unmerciful      contract!

 

Aldercane:   (stepping to father Raskhar.) Greet my family at thy flight; conceal details here, on our conversing trio, of our proport act.

 

Mecir:           Only let thee pass and leave what is in our purpose as secrets for the dead to tell, if it be told abroad-Greet thee, my family fold, and send no true revelation with thy faithful heart. (father raskhar, forced to retreat, begins to leave and descends into the darkness/his lantern flint dims away.)

 

Father Raskhar: I pray solemnity oh Lord! Beseech their unwilted determinations, and     spare two lives unsensed to danger, now under fevered prowl. Fend a blessing     from any drowsed force preparing a discussion of harm and torture for these     witless creatures. A tomb awaits its occupants on this periling night. Allow it     to spend a morsel ransom but for one- their uncle, already spent for toil's debt,     as past destiny hath bent conduction to conclude his way- and not for these     unseeing Laggetts! (Father Raskhar exits with his lantern still in torch/Mecir     and Aldercane take their uncle's encased body, leaving the mortuary for the     other dead.)

 

Aldercane:   Mecir- my stomach turns a coward supper- for which near am I to upend. (holding the casket bottom, in the full depth of night.)

 

Mecir:           Day upon day; morrow upon morrow churns an uncertain tempest food for all-a widow to thy husband mesh. Otherwise; though tyranny, with grizzled eyes and illicit stares- doeth parch the gaze in such a sight and meet with us this unfavorable even'n- in the embodiment of our unmarked foes. (looks curiously to Aldercane/smiles.) Then thy inerts act in grave suspense! (Mecir offers out a worried laugh.) Be cheer! Be satisfied! Worries dangle onto one hazy rope, and in a mirroring line brings acclamation by sweeter repose- than if thy coin's thread were but of one side.  A balance is in our favour- I see a knife cut their contempt cord in a disarming action....Will I root it that are you a Man, and different from the boy or child as called by previous describes, if be mine own worth not discounted, that the word as this will spread like canker in the wind.

 

Aldercane:   That I long for brother- as long as earth has been.


Mecir:           And I long with you also, as thy partner to reprimand a lesser age charged-and sprout about a man as thou art truly in my vision.

 

Aldercane:   Half of what I am is what I was. A final portion awaits a certain and unhazy announcement.

 

Mecir:           By thy painting of it, and by thy painting of it alone. Now! Be caught as if a sore tongue plaguing thy voice to better the part of discretion-as whispers do; placing our presence just between this coffin movement.

 

Aldercane:   In thy honour- a wish forever struggles onto a discontented wind, traveling a labored journey to be received by one- but thy desire, an eternal jest, desires all else than thine...to be another self than the self thou art. I wish to comfort thee; to make thy desire better accepted than majorities do accept- and not traveled far before fallen in receptive ears and sensing eyes- born I with its touch, sweetened I upon its budding taste, and through mine fifth sensation, raptured I by its scent- and thus end, nearest to mine breast's loving essence, to make thy means un-wavering- a wish to follow thee!.....Thus, a wish parallels a desire, as if one undivided and of separate origins, eternally united. In thy honour, I proceed with thee for time's infinity request; uncertain as am I to thy bounty duty to me- to precede in loyal adulation.

 

Mecir:           And I praise thee for it! Seeing thy conclusion, I commend a brother work, worthy but to my brother- yet let night speak silent dirge in such lone words, beneath these cricket cries of mate's duty. Dawn rises to thy and mine's lasting production whil'st that virgin revelation sits best where darkness is bound to comfort a good intended secret. Tis let but whisper's throng be caught and spin discourse between this casket length, and not to further bounds. (both carry the coffin past the cemetery gates and down the steps leading to an empty tomb- waiting/a stone to its side for covering/the coffin is placed at the pit of this tomb where a light is seen at the entrance- coming strongly forth) Father, thy come as witness!

 

Voice:           Neigh! It is a son which mourns a fatherly conclusion. Bearers of his grave; identify thy self for my benefit. Whom with, does he ascend ?

 

Mecir:           One speaks as Mecir Laggett.

 

Aldercane:   Two speaks as Aldercane Laggett: son of Matrin Laggett, and younger brother to the first soul giving thee diction.

 

Voice:           (individual enters, showing himself with brisk lantern) An eerie night draws a pagan belief....this religious event, by thy unannounced spectring, be not done in a shadow's womb and shadowless shroud, where open practice is virtue's appointed kindred- and I believe as much as a man in faith!

 

Mecir:           Sadutin! Cousin to my brethren’s and brethren to my heart! If thy woes tremble oft'n and are bitter against me, then I announce them freely for thy greeting welfare.

 

Sadutin:        None boil a bitter blood through my sanctioned heart Mecir. A full world, revolved complete, have I reached to travel on- and new transports of thought bend me to a contented Want. Passions of peace and love current a directed flow through the gates and valleys of mine spirit, for which the eternal  rains are vital supplication to me; and descend from a Godly source.(a gruff, bearded man dressed in white, poverty robes with staff- enters further)

 

Aldercane:   Dear Sadutin- how time hast aged thee from some prior recognition that I once ago knew to be thee- and made you another soul! To come alive in the face of our most distant memories as if thou did drip from a sponge. You must have come presently as vengeance beacon lights thy hearing to this terrible death occurrence, which bereaves all; by vital waves has its current spread to thee; thou being of greatest reason to smite the smiter of thy closest kin.

 

Sadutin:        No Aldercane! Fairest not to be gentle man of thy honour (places hand to aldercane's shoulder) nor of thy word, for these were mean't for the selfish breed, but fairer still is a gentleman of the cross. A traveler's urge beset my sovereign soul to take wings upon this sacred place; and by a heart complete do I render forgiveness of this one ending an earthly situation of my conceiver- no, death is enough party to crime, and must cast death unto itself- For a gentleman, peace is there to come.

 

Mecir:           I obtain no beggar’s word for convincing of your Laggett treason Sadutin! If be thy resolve to endure on such the stance- if it be true in thee in all, then let thine foul mockery pass in a lone manner, and kill to all past- a mediation block! They will bleed you Sadutin to be so the bliss congregation of their plan- for thou should dispatch reason and verb of truce on a Will unknowing and fully deaf to the principals thou dur'st more cherish than Life!

Aldercane:   Mecir no; (Aldercane steps in front of Mecir.) His ways are his...His woes for fatherly loss are genuine, and cry not a transgression against our common name- though his navigation planned, of course and sexton set, lay footprints to another path, upon a separate solution- sowing thus no discord for thy anger to feast upon....our table be as his; an ancestral produced, with no Laggett famined from- Mecir, a Laggett carries a single kinship with all Laggetts, as prevention to the impotent wrath, roused for a self-destroyed, a self-disproved, a self-condemned, against one to another.


 f the Ages" is a dialogue between two men dressed in medieval attire and Father Raskhar, who appears holding a lantern. The dialogue is set in a lone parish place for the dead. The writing style in this selection is highly descriptive, with a mix of archaic and modern language. The writer's imagination is evident in the setting, with the use of the medieval attire and the lone parish place for the dead. The writer's skill in language is evident in the use of poetic language and metaphors.

The movement of the dialogue is slow, with the characters taking their time to respond to each other. The composition of the dialogue is well-structured, with each character's lines flowing into the next. The style of writing is highly descriptive, with an emphasis on the use of metaphors and poetic language.

The characters are well-developed, with each having their own unique personality. Mecir is depicted as a brave and proud warrior, while Aldercane is depicted as a more child-like and innocent character. Father Raskhar is portrayed as a wise and experienced figure who has seen much in his life.

The writer's skill in imagination is evident in the way that they have created this world, with the use of medieval attire and the lone parish place for the dead. The writer's skill in language is evident in the use of poetic language and metaphors. The writer's skill in development is evident in the way that they have developed the characters, with each having their own unique personality.

In conclusion, this selection from "In the Years of the Ages" is well-written, with a highly descriptive style that emphasizes the writer's skill in imagination, language, and development. The movement of the dialogue is slow and deliberate, and the composition is well-structured. The characters are well-developed, with each having their own unique personality. Overall, this selection is an excellent example of the writer's skill and talent.

 

© 2023 C David Murphy


Author's Note

C David Murphy
All comments/requests are welcome! I will also be placing segments of the play's sequel 'Hildengrass' on this site. Each segment is limited to only 4-6 pages due to Chat GPT limitations in reviewing length per submission. There may be some overlapping from segment to segment. This was done also to provide Chat GPT the largest sample size for which to review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on March 2, 2023
Last Updated on March 2, 2023
Tags: historical, shakespeare, stage play, adventure, action, poetry, fiction, drama, lyrical

Author

C David Murphy
C David Murphy

Sevierville, TN



About
I simply love to write. If there is an adventure inside my imagination, I'll find it and write the story. more..