Do “Black Lives ” Really Matter?:

Do “Black Lives ” Really Matter?:

A Story by CEOCaples
"

“Black Lives Matter” vs. “All lives Matter”  Controversy or Sensitivity?

"

“Black Lives Matter” vs. “All lives Matter” 
Controversy or Sensitivity?

Imagine a group of black people standing in a room. They’re shouting, “Black Lives Matter!” Then suddenly, a larger group of white people come in and they stand in front of them and begin screaming, “All Lives Matter!” They drown out the black people because they simply outnumber them and no one can hear black people any longer. 
What do you hear, what do you see? Of course and without dispute, all lives matter. Everyone matters but that’s not the message that people of color are getting in this country. It’s true that whites too are killed by the police, but I can’t clearly recall the chants of “All Lives Matter” on social media, the radio, or flashing across the television screen? Reason being, nobody needs to support the concept that “White lives matter”, because they’ve been the most privileged group for centuries. On the other hand, black people have been strung up, burned, enslaved and oppressed for centuries. Nobody needs to say that white lives matter because our institutions support that fact consciously or unconsciously. We must also remember that the media reports what they think will lead. The media report the stories that they think will garner more views. If that means reporting a story about an unarmed black man being shot and killed by the police and ignoring an unarmed white man being shot and killed by the police, then that’s what they will do. So why not blame the media instead the supporters of the “Black Life Matters” movement, besides no one is saying white lives don’t matter, or any other groups as a whole don’t matter. It’s the media that has Americans going after each other instead of demanding coverage of any injustice. With media ratings sky rocketing, black men are more likely to be shot and killed by the police because that’s what’s selling. Furthermore, the “All Lives Matter” movement is really not a movement; it’s merely a response to deflect from the real issue, and the media is using it as a pawn to take advantage of popular media.

Do pay attention, don’t just see, also hear. It appears that when a black man is killed, the media and other outlets scramble to find out if the victim had any past criminal blemishes. Some outlets even take it to the extreme, checking to see if the victim was suspended from school, had a speeding ticket, or any juvenile delinquencies. But on the other hand, this is rarely broadcasted when whites commit similar crimes. It sends an indirect message that the black man that was killed was a criminal anyway, therefore his life didn’t matter. Blacks are human like any other race; let’s not act like they aren’t allowed to make mistakes. When it comes right down to it, the BLM (Black Lives Matter) movement was born out of a double standard. Not ignoring “All Lives Matter”, but blacks have and still suffer disproportionately which makes their experience quite different than other groups. The whole point of the phrase is to let people know that they are tired of being sexual abused, taken advantage of, not given equal protection under the law, marginalized, ridiculed, given bad loans, passed over for jobs and promotions, followed around in stores, not given the presumption of innocence, labeled by derogatory names and murdered unjustly.
So you tell me do “Black Lives Matter”?

Thanks for reading, 
Historian Derrick Caples

© 2016 CEOCaples


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well said my friend and I think you should keep posting and twisting this message in different ways. The best way to spread understanding is through open and honest dialog. The powers that have taken hold of this country at this time are of the mind that only what they think I'd important should get air time and slowly you will see the media and the system start to bend to the will of our government because it's easier than standing apart but commentary and engaging dialog and writings as such are a pathway for Ali of us to communicate and gain understanding and momentum to stand up against all injustices that are being done. Do keep on professing the world as you see it through writing because it will bring about change. Blessings and selah.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CEOCaples

7 Years Ago

Thanks. I will definitely keep the messages coming for I think as you do..



Reviews

hm... very interesting

im glad i came across your page

I'm new on here, so it would be an honour if you could review some of my poems!

Posted 6 Years Ago


up in Norway House it's native lives matter cause the white man took all our land and told us to go suck a wet fart out our grandpas a*s and hold it in like a bong rip so we got no reason to believe all you non-natives wont feed us another tubesteak smothered in underwear the first chance you get, if your people really gave a damn about harmony youd give us back our land and stop given my people the hot beef injection, you should change title to "Norway House Lives Matter, Non Natives Can Suck a Wet Fart From Their Grandpas A*s and Hold it In Like a Bong Rip"

Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well said my friend and I think you should keep posting and twisting this message in different ways. The best way to spread understanding is through open and honest dialog. The powers that have taken hold of this country at this time are of the mind that only what they think I'd important should get air time and slowly you will see the media and the system start to bend to the will of our government because it's easier than standing apart but commentary and engaging dialog and writings as such are a pathway for Ali of us to communicate and gain understanding and momentum to stand up against all injustices that are being done. Do keep on professing the world as you see it through writing because it will bring about change. Blessings and selah.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CEOCaples

7 Years Ago

Thanks. I will definitely keep the messages coming for I think as you do..
I like this, its well written and you make some very undenieable points in there. At the same time I don't feel like you are trying to force your views on anyone but merely stating a strong opinion. And I totally agree with that opinion by the way. But the writing is on point!

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is so right. People do not understand that Black Lives Matter is not an organization, but a movement like the Civil Rights Movement. The Civil Rights Movement was vilified and criticized just like BLM is right now. The Civil Rights was cast off as being a violent protest and MLK an instigator of violence even though he advocated for peace and integration. The Civil Rights was portrayed as particularly about the rights of black people, but media and history textbooks ignore the fact that the Civil Rights Movement was also a humans rights movement that sought to bride poor whites, Mexicans, and blacks together. BLM is a movement that wants to fight oppression of every kind so essentially BLM is saying the same thing when people chant all lives matter.

I think this article does a fine job at detailing the media as the sole culprit behind a growing racial divide by giving one sided stories. One sided stories insight minorities and white people.

Also, it's important to remember the Christian crusaders when considering BLM. People do lots of things in the name of other things. Crusaders died for Jesus or killed in the name of Jesus. That doesn't reflect the religion, just the way people can exploit the name of something and use it to justify action. Just because random, violent protesters say they are for BLM, does not mean they are. The Founder of BLM even stated that they were not for the violent protesting.

All Lives Matter is bullshit. All that does is allow white people to brush African American issues under the rug like always since the beginning of American history. All Lives Matter is subtle racism to me because it shows ignorance of issues around them. It should say All Lives Should Matter, because honestly they don't.

I think you should also include the prison system and how unfair minorities are treated in the criminal justice system. Mass incarceration is still a problem that needs to be dismantled. There is still a war on drugs going on that leads to mass incarceration. People don't understand what it's like to be locked up over a small bag of weed and then have to be marked for the rest of your life while white Americans have more hospital room visits for drugs, but do not go to prison as much. People don't understand what it's like to be charged with something you didn't do and have to accept just because you could be charged with something else. People don't understand what it's like to be told the pieces of your physical existence do not belong in the land that is supposed to be for the free.

Thought provoking article.

Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I get chills reading this.. Keep this up. This topic definitely needs more attention.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love your Essay. The "BLM" movement emanated from neglect, injustice and decadence. Society should live in harmony and rights of all protected irrespective or color, creed or orientation.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I feel like this is an extremely controversial topic. So I am just going to state how I feel and let that be that. First off, the fact that we even have to tell people that certain lives matter is very concerning. We shouldn't have to tell you that black lives matter, you should just know. All living things matter. All living things are important and equal and deserve respect. Regardless of their skin color. The amount of hell that the black race has been put through, and is still being put through is sickening. If anything, I have more respect for a black person because of the struggle they have to go through. Yes, all lives matter, but some people aren't being treated like they matter. The BLM movement is not about anyone trying to be superior over anyone else. It's about equality, people not getting treated like people, and that needs to change. EVERYONE deserves respect and love. Black lives matter, Muslim lives matter, hispanic lives matter, all lives matter. That's the end of the story. I do not agree with violence in ny way and I am not promoting violence, unfortunately there have been acts of violence to try to further this movement and i really don't agree with violence, but there definitely needs to be a change. Thank you for inviting me to read this, it is very well written. I enjoy these.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

595 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 22, 2016
Last Updated on December 22, 2016
Tags: blacklivesmatter, racism, African-Americans, history, America

Author

CEOCaples
CEOCaples

Gautier, MS



About
High School Educator-History “The best moments in reading are when you come across something – a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things – which you had thought special an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..