Fox's story

Fox's story

A Story by CJ43223
"

A story that portrays our stereotype of foxes and combines the human personalities for a contrast.

"
Little fox is going to the neighbouring town for the reward of winning a lottery. The joyful news that comes from a phone call an hour ago after he submitted the lottery ticket earlier in the morning. He kisses his mom and ties up his old, dirty running shoes before bringing his speed to 25Km/ per hour. 

Between the location of two towns, there is a forest, joining these towns together with abundant resources and clean water. Foxes have progressed as intelligent as humans in this parallel world, living in this very Earth-like planet. 

As Little fox passes the outpost, he hears something. “Watch out, little man.” A sound that is coming from behind. Little fox looks over his shoulder, he sees Police fox is stumbling on his favourite chair, wiping his old classic rifle, while giving him a great smile.
 
“I am fine, thanks!” Little fox yells, “I am going to be rich! I will buy you more of those chairs when I come back!” Little fox’s voice is slowly fading away as he heads to the forest. 

The forest is huge and consists of many forms of organisms. 
When Little fox going through the long route along with the interweaving trees, he sees a blue crystal on the dusty road. He walks closer to that crystal and his eyes are flipping rapidly from corner to corner. A short while, nothing particular happens except the rustling winds and shaking leaves. His curiosity overrides his caution. He kneels down and picks up the hexagonal crystal. He holds on it with one of his fluffy hands. Under no warning whatsoever, a pink puff of smoke emits from its crystal.  Seconds later, he feels powerless and, slowly, reluctantly, falls to the ground. 

A black shadow casts over his head before his eyes lips seal like a shut convenience bag.

As soon as he wakes up, he finds himself in a broken cabin. His hands and feet, as well as his red bushy tail, are being roped up on a chair. 
Burnt black woods and spiders are appeared to be the first dwellers here. 
A slam of door sound and the dark shadow reappears. Only the face of another fox he sees. 

“Are you a fox? Why did you do this to me?” Little fox asks.

“Yes, my name is Hunter fox and you, my friend, are my next experimental object.” Hunter fox smirks.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Little fox confuses.

“You see, I love hunting as much as I like torturing.” Hunter fox takes out a leather bag from one pale of dirt that sitting next to the corner. He then unzips the zipper of its bag. A series of torturing tools pop out from the center of the bag. He tidies up the wooden table on his left side, while completely ignoring whatever the words that come out from little fox’s mouth. He sets up the operation and walks over to Little fox. 

“Shall we begin?” Hunter fox asks politely.

“No…..I…” While little fox stammers his words, Hunter fox puts his index finger on little fox's soft lips. 

“Shh shh shh, I know you are ready,” he raises up his head and continues, “so now I will ask you three questions and, you have to answer me with honesty.”

“I can tell if you lie to me.” Hunter fox brings himself closer to Little fox’s face again, locking his eyes with little fox’s pupils.

A sense of coldness crawls from the bottom to the top of his head on little fox’s back. All he can see is nothing besides dark hollow and emptiness in hunter fox’s eyes.

“Listen, the first question is, have you ever urinated on the street before?” Hunter fox asked.

“Yes.” The question takes a slap of moment for Little fox to respond. 

This clean and simple answer impresses Hunter fox as he would never expect any fox to tell the truth of it. Many foxes who under this operation before chose to falsify the statement for burying such shame embarrassment.
 
“hem hem, okay okay, next question, what would you do if you see a rabbit gets trapped in a hole?”

“Save that rabbit.” Little fox rolls his eye and speaks in a soft tone.

The answer strikes on Hunter fox’s moral principles again.
“He is the first fox who would take such kind action.” Hunter fox thinks.

“Last question, what happens if you are eating a sushi while seeing a hungry raccoon faintly lying on the ground?”

“Easy, share my sushi with him.” Little fox responds.

Hunter fox steps a few steps backward to process what did he just hear. He cannot believe the ultimate truth of life that he learnt through years of hardships and struggles is now coming out from this little fox’s mouth.

“I will kill you anyway.” Hunter fox turns himself around to pick up a slivery �" hammer. 

“Wait…what? I answered them with candour.” Little fox baffles.

“Who cares? Oh, you think I do? I, actually, don’t.” Hunter fox turns his body to Little fox, genuinely laughing at him.

Hunter fox then raises his arm with the hammer and is about to release his yearly stress about the mistreat from the fox’s government through the hammer to Little fox’s chest. 

Within that moment, a fast pacing bullet spears through the window and hits directly into Hunter fox’s head. He soon falls to the ground. The bubbling fresh blood rushes out from the wound. His eyes turn grey like the colorless sky after a prolonged rain.

Police fox steps into the house with a serious and concern face. He raises his eyebrows like the world is ending. He ensures the death of Hunter fox is certain before walks over to Little fox and says, ”Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, thank you.” Little fox smiles with tears rolling down onto his laps.

© 2018 CJ43223


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Would have been better if you add a little back story as to why the fox is so angelic? It is possible that he lied in order to save his skin.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CJ43223

5 Years Ago

Haha, True. Thanks for the mention! I will be more careful about this!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 25, 2018
Last Updated on July 25, 2018
Tags: Fox, children story

Author

CJ43223
CJ43223

Writing
Present Present

A Poem by CJ43223


Stillness Stillness

A Poem by CJ43223