My fear: The unexplainable

My fear: The unexplainable

A Story by CNC9619
"

I was writing about my fear, which I though was darkness and silence. But as it turns out my fear is much more than that. I have realized while writing this that I fear what I am unable to explain.

"
My greatest fear:


Darkness and silence, are they really that different. Is one better than the other? Is one scarier? Is one more comforting? Does darkness make you feel better about yourself, or worse? Is silence frightening or relaxing? When you’re trying to sleep, do you wonder whether the world even still exists beyond all the silence and darkness? Does it make you turn on your light just to check? Does it make you want to scream? Not because you’re angry, just to break it and crush its spirit because it has crushed yours. Do you know what silence and darkness is? It is the absence of light and sound. Does that make it better, or is that just a mask? Are you really in the same room if you can’t see it? If you can’t hear your family’s voices, are they still there. Are you transported every time the light goes off, maybe? To a different world, perhaps? An alternate dimension. To heaven? To hell? Or do other things come to you? Are there monsters under your bed? A fairy in your closet? Santa clause down your chimney? What really makes sense? Is “sense” even a thing? Is it a ploy? Is it the understanding of something? Or the understanding that you don’t understand? Does it make “sense” to have “sense”? Is there this so called “sense” in the darkness or the silence? Does it cease existence? Has it ever existed? Is it smart to question things? Is it dangerous? It’s both, perchance. When stress sneaks up on you, do you grab it by the neck and choke it out there, or do you drag it along by the wrist and slowly overcome it while it slowly beats you. But, then it makes you wiser. Or does it just make a defeated human spirit? Is it your choice? “Well, of course.” some would bellow. “It depends on your situation.” Others would mumble. Is it your opinion of the world that creates its reality? Do some people even have worlds? Are some worlds the largest? Is there more than just one world? Are there more than just worlds? Is what is beyond… scientific? Or faith? A perfect mix of both? Are you unable to notice the world? Or is the world something that you notice, and despise for its malice. Is it our fault…? Our fault the world even has malice? Or is the blood on the hands of only certain people. If one person is at fault, does that make us all at fault? Do we all share one intertwined conscience that works sometimes but has its glitches. Is the only mechanic a lifetime away? Do you have to spend that lifetime trying to do your best with a broken machine, and then apologize for that machines problems to get back on to the highway that leads to that mechanic? Do you have to keep your food cold in a warm refrigerator? Are you the refrigerator? Do all your rations go bad? Do you have to feed a family spoiled dinner? Does your family get sick? Was one saved because he wasn’t hungry? Or because he didn’t want to eat green steak? Is he malnourished? At least he isn’t sick. Was he taken away from you? Is he fed wholesome meals in his new home. Are you sorry? Did you make it to the mechanic? Or did your fridge go to the junk yard?

© 2013 CNC9619


Author's Note

CNC9619
I'd like to state that this is just "word vomit.", So please excuse grammatical errors. I'm really interested to know what it makes people think while reading. Also, this was mostly just for fun and to relieve stress, so please don't be too hard on it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There is something oddly exciting about listening in on a writer's sprawling stream of thought, especially if it takes you on a ride along... It is pretty scary that our understanding of 'sense' n logic, wisdom, the extent & validity of the world,..are all limited by our perception....and there isn't much we can do about it. Maybe the fear is the price we pay for moving beyond ignorance...(?)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Celâl Bey

10 Years Ago

Well....... Now I really hope that *was* the total point of your story... But even if it isn't, I'd .. read more
CNC9619

10 Years Ago

Yes! That is what it's about, along with some other more personal things. Thank you very much for yo.. read more



Reviews

There is something oddly exciting about listening in on a writer's sprawling stream of thought, especially if it takes you on a ride along... It is pretty scary that our understanding of 'sense' n logic, wisdom, the extent & validity of the world,..are all limited by our perception....and there isn't much we can do about it. Maybe the fear is the price we pay for moving beyond ignorance...(?)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Celâl Bey

10 Years Ago

Well....... Now I really hope that *was* the total point of your story... But even if it isn't, I'd .. read more
CNC9619

10 Years Ago

Yes! That is what it's about, along with some other more personal things. Thank you very much for yo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Added on May 28, 2013
Last Updated on May 28, 2013
Tags: Questions, Fears, Life, Darkness, Silence, Unknown, Unexplained

Author

CNC9619
CNC9619

Campbell River, BC, Canada



About
Hi, my name is Cass. Writing is my escape from things I can't understand. I like it because I can make up my own explanation. more..

Writing