Serial Killer On Trial

Serial Killer On Trial

A Chapter by CPX
"

Link to the prompt:

"

                Well I guess it happens to all of us when we vote,  jury duty.  I’ve never been called before so I hope it will be interesting, though I bet it’s just a drunk driver.  The town is really relaxing and not much happens here except for a drunk driver or wife beater, nothing compared to what I’ve done.  I put on my best suit and headed to the court house.

                Once I arrived and sat down I wondered what this was about.  I could feel the tension in the air and I heard people muttering about murders.  Eight murders to be exact.  “Wait a minute” I thought to myself.  “Eight?  Eight murders?  But that’s how many I committed.”

                I began to worry a bit but then I realized that I was on jury duty.  “They must just be talking about the news” I rationalized.  The trial began and that’s when I realized they weren’t talking about the news.  The man before us was going on trial for my murders.

                At first I was glad.  I didn’t have to worry about the police anymore and I could relax, until my next murder of course.  But then I began to think how did this guy take the blame for my murders?  I felt slightly insulted, but I calmed down because I realized people would get suspicious of me.  I decided to relax and see how this man took the fall.

                As it turned out the man was trying to bring me to justice, because I killed his wife.  But everything he did went against him.  First he intersected police phone calls.  This was used against him because they said he used it avoid the police, while he was actually using it find out where the murders were and updates on them.  I would never do this though.  It’s too easy for people to track by phone today, and also it’s a pain to set up something like that.

                Next, when he found out about a new murder, he would go and investigate before the police.  Nothing wrong with this I’d say, but the man forgot to where gloves.  He left finger prints all over the room and on the weapon.   But the most incriminating thing was when he was investigating and the cops walked in while he was investigating the weapon.

                Through the case I chuckled a bit, but tried to hide it.  At the end we found him guilty.  As the case was wrapping up I thought to myself “this was an interesting case, but I don’t like the man they accused, I guess I’ll just have to get rid of him sometime.”    It wasn’t a minute after I thought that, when the court room when up in a panic.

                A man in a ski mask ran in and shot the accused man and ran out.  “What?!” I thought to myself.  Everyone was in a panic so I couldn’t see the killer.  “Great” I thought “you got rid of him for me, now I have to get rid of you.”



© 2015 CPX


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on June 1, 2015
Last Updated on June 1, 2015
Tags: murder, court, serial killer, falsely accused


Author

CPX
CPX

PA



Writing
Father & Daughter Father & Daughter

A Story by CPX