DayDream

DayDream

A Poem by Laconic Meraki

I envisioned us once on a porch somewhere sandy with an ocean view. Our heads were filled with gray hair, and there we sat rocking back and forth in our rocking chairs.

We watched the waves crash again and again upon the rocks as we listened to the seagulls talk as they tiptoed away from us towards our nearby dock.

I sighed with pure happiness and bliss when you turned your gaze from the sea to me with a grin that could send rays of light-sunshine to even the darkest of rain clouds.

As you reached for my left hand, a flashback of our entire life together played like a slide show from our first pinky promise to our wedding vows.

As I replay that daydream, both of my eyes fill with tears. I've come to accept the harsh reality that we may not be side by side when gray fills the color of our hair. We tainted each others hearts in the middle of our forever. In the middle of a dance floor round and round we went. Moving to a song written just for us.

Life gave us no choice but to part ways. After so many demons we've fought and defeated in battle, we layed down our armor and walked away.

I remember the moment I met you, there was a spark so intense - you were so beautifully broken but you had and still have so much potential.

Until my last breath, I will continue to pray for us. I still have hope that fate will change course and we will cross paths again. I not only lost my lover but my other half and my best friend.

I refuse to close our book; I will simply turn the page...for I have hope that we will be side by side again until our grey hair rocking chair days.

© 2020 Laconic Meraki


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poignantly told how dreams of what was hoped for didn't turn out as planned. The lines are filled with pathos and yet the author refuses to completely close the book on a relationship which didn't last the course. There is still a glimmer of hope that the story hasn't ended. Conveted well and enjoyed Christa.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


This is written as a dream as one that doesn't match reality. It certainly seems real very well written but with nothing to lead us to understand why

Posted 4 Years Ago


This almost made my cry, and I'm not a crier. Wow. Very well done.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2020
Last Updated on April 5, 2020

Author

Laconic Meraki
Laconic Meraki

SC



About
Poems that I write are sometimes misunderstood. Which basically means I am too . Right? Sometimes I'm put together perfectly but other times I'm a frantic f*****g mess. I let my emotions flow; I w.. more..

Writing