Chapter 2: Okay, I'm a King, and she's my Queen?

Chapter 2: Okay, I'm a King, and she's my Queen?

A Chapter by Kane

Okay, enough with the torture. I’ll tell you how it went. So the next day, I walked to school and saw something weird. I saw Alice being followed by a half human half I don’t know what thing. She was bleeding and the first thing I thought was: What a pain, I’ll have to save her right? I started running towards an abandoned building which Alice and that weird thing entered. I followed the blood trail Alice had most probably left behind and walked up three floors. I saw Alice running around desperately trying to get away from it. Suddenly, she tripped and out of reflex I jumped between her and Bobs (Bob is that monster which I have for conveniences sake called Bob) jaw. I then felt a stinging pain in my abdomen and thought: What a pain, I’m dying and I have to feel pain. Then my vision blacked and I saw red eyes staring at me. “So you have come to me. Was it voluntarily?” “No it wasn’t. But just a question, what are you?” “I am you. I am the power which humanity and demons have been scared of for many years. I am you, the slayer and eradicator as well as executioner of Fate. I am you.” “Yeah, I got the ’I am you’ part. Now, am I split minded or something? Because I don’t think that I know that stuff.” “No, no. I am a part of your soul. I had been sealed away so I can only talk to you when you die or when you sleep. Now, do you want to show that monster who you are, because if you do wish for that, then the seal will disappear. They had underestimated us. Although the seal was sturdily made, pure willpower could break it,” it/I said. “If I were to want that, would you, I mean, would I/you answer my questions?” “Yes, I would. Your old memories will resurface.” “Then, I accept. I want to kill that thing so that I can have my revenge and I want answers.”

Suddenly, I was back conscious in the real world. I saw Bob walking around Alice as if it were timing when to strike. I created flames in my hand and walked towards Bob. Bob sensed danger and turned towards me. Alice saw me as well and widened her eyes. Bob charged at me opening its huge maw but it was too late. I had a huge blade in my hand and jumped towards the ceiling. Then when Bob was under me, I held my blade in front of me and made summersaults. Then I felt resistance under the blade and gathered wind from my surroundings on my blade. Suddenly Bob screeched and disappeared. I then walked towards Alice and my sword burnt away. Alice tried to stand up but fell on her knees because of fatigue. I pulled her up and supported her. “Let’s walk to my house, It’s not that far,” I said.

While we were walking, Alice started talking: “As you know, I am Alice Underwood. As you don’t know though, I also hunt monsters. That monster you had just fought was an S rank. In other words you killed a monster which is second to only a hydra or other monsters of the sort.” “Wait, so what was that?” “That was a sphinx. But how did you kill it?” “I don’t know… I died and some weird thing came telling me I am Fates executioner and stuff like that.” I heard her gasp and started wondering why. “Do you know what that means?” “To be honest… No.” “Fates executioner is a being which has been chosen by Fate itself to kill demons, humans, angels and other races for it. If you truly are Fates executioner then you could be the one to save humanity or destroy it.” “Yeah, apparently my powers/memories have been sealed because humanity is scared of me. Although I was supposed to regain my memories, I only remembered how to use magic and how to wield a blade. I have to regain my other memories fast.” “Then, I’ll help you with things human demon hunters know. You are a King. No not the ruler kind of king but a King. The Kings are the most powerful race because they are chosen by Fate itself to do different tasks. Like the most intelligent being becoming Fates professor and scientist. You have a chosen partner who becomes a Queen and becomes most probably your wife. That is all which is known to us.” “Ok, at least that helps me a bit.” Then suddenly I blacked out.

“Ah, so you are back, though you haven’t died.” “Wait, I thought you could only come out when I die or am dreaming. And, I was supposed to regain my memories but I didn’t.” “Ah yes, about that, it looks like I have underestimated the seal a bit. So, I am starting to take it off more slowly.” “And about the contacting?” “I was coming to that. It seems that the more I remove of the seals, the more I can contact you freely. After some seals I might be able to talk to you via thoughts only.” “THEN HURRY UP OR I WILL SMACK YOU, I DON’T CARE IF IT’S A PAIN FOR ME, I WILL SMACK YOU!” “Alright, alright, chill… The world hasn’t ended yet and you are partially immortal…” “Wow, really? Awesome! By the way, how do I find out who my Queen is?” “Right, you just learned that from that girl didn’t you? Well, usually it takes time to find her. But you have found her quite quickly. That Alice girl is your Queen.” “Wait, what?”

And I was back. I was somehow still walking and Alice hadn’t noticed that I was not there mentally. I saw that we were close to my house like only one meter away I took the keys out of my pocket and opened the front door. Nobody was home because my parents were at work. Alice stepped in and took of her shoes. I made her sit on the couch and brought her a cup of water. After that I fetched her some blankets as well as band aids and some medicine. I carefully put on the medicine and then covered her with bandages. Then I sat on the ground and told her to sleep. She slept reluctantly and then I got hungry. I made some food for me and for her. After I had finished cooking, I ate my portion and left hers in the fridge. After that I went into my room and wrote the teacher an e-mail stating my absence and its reason. The second I came back, I saw Alice awake and went into the kitchen. I popped her portion of food into the microwave to heat up. After that I brought the hot dish to her and made her eat it. She obediently ate it and then started to stand up when I pushed her onto the sofa again. I picked her up, and after some protests from her, carried her to my bed and made her lie down there. Whilst she was lying there, I played a computer game in the room on my laptop while sitting in an armchair. After a while, I went into the kitchen and poured me some soda into a cup. I started recounting the events and found something weird. Why did my memories disappear if no one knew that I was a King? I thought that humanity feared me and so they had sealed away my memories but what memories? I remember everything, from my childhood to now. So, which memories will I remember? God dang, give me some answers mister red eyes. [I can hear you.] Wait! What? Am I going crazy? I can hear a voice in my head. [You’re not crazy, at least not yet. I am the one you spoke to today. The one with the red eyes and I can communicate with you through your mind because I’ve released one more layer of seals, though there a still 39 left, I’ll give it my all.] Okay, I’m crazy. [How much more do I have to tell you that you’re not? I told you before that our communication will become easier once I remove more seals. By the way, I only told you that I am you right? I need to introduce myself better. I am you from a former life; I am the King of fire and dragons and other great beings. I am also the King of elements and weapons, King of all kinds of fighting, I am your ancestor: Raztrafero Walker. But you can call me Ray because that’s how everybody calls me. Ray Walker, King of Kings.] That is not that cool. I’m talking to myself; I really am split minded and arrogant. [Hey, hey I’m not arrogant. These titles were given to me by the old geezer Fate. And, you are my true heir and not my son.] Let’s say what you are saying is true, then why am I your true heir and not your son? [Because, you were chosen to have a piece of my powers and my son wasn’t. You see, Fate told me that he would put a piece of my powers into 12 different beings. It seems like you were chosen for the blade, wind and fire, as well as half of the dragonic attributes. Also, to the question of what memories you will regain, you will regain the memories that have to do with me using those powers. Oh yeah, this part of me is just a twelfth of me talking to you and before you ask no, I do not know who my other Heirs are because although I am a twelfth of my true self, I am a whole entity on my own.] I’m confused. I don’t get anything. [Of course you don’t, I don’t either.] Then why did you tell me that? [Because, ah, your Queen awoke. Do what you must with her; I’m going back to work.] Ah, wait! Dang! That was my last thought after my thorough conversation with Ray.

 I went back inside and then back to the living room and saw Alice sitting up. I walked towards her and said: “Are you feeling a bit better?” “Yes, thanks to you,” she replied. I smiled and asked her: “Do you want to drink something? Water or soda, we also have some juice and I could brew some coffee as well as some tee.” “No thank you. I should go soon.” “No need. My parents won’t be coming back for a week. They only come back on Sundays and are working for the rest of the week. You can sleep here, in either my room, the room of my parents or on the couch.” “Ah, thanks. But it won’t be necessary. I will be fine.” “Nonsense, if you don’t sleep here, I will seal you in place so that you will stay here.” “I can’t trust you.” “Hey, is that what you say to a King and the person who saved your life? I’m not like other boys; I’m not perverted and not interested in you either… well not physically.” “So, what do you want to know?” “What you are. I got that you are a monster hunter but how high are you in the ranking?” “I’m surprised that you know of the ranking.” “It was a wild guess.” “Well fine. I am an A rank monster hunter and yes, our ranks are equivalent to those of the monsters. I guess you want to know why I was fighting an S rank which is a rank higher than me… Well, I was hunting a B rank monster until that one was eaten up by the Sphinx and after it had eaten the B rank, it wanted to eat me.” “Ah, that does explain a lot… even the disappearances… so, what school did you visit before this one, a magician school?” “Yes. I visited Dragon academy in the USA.” “Wait, is this like Harry Potter? Are you going to say something like: ‘You were chosen for this Harry.’?” “No, we are not like in Harry Potter wearing silly robes. Dragon academy is just like a normal school just with a tint of magic to it.” “I guess I’m supposed to attend the school as well?” “Yes, how did you know?” “Don’t underestimate me,” I said pissed. “Can I actually choose to enter?” “No, you are not given the choice.” “I guess I’ll have to talk to my parents then… Well whatever. You’ll sleep over today and tomorrow, I won’t go to school tomorrow anyway.” “Is it because of me?” “Nope, I was sick to begin with. I just need to take care of one more person, which isn’t much of an ordeal for me.” “Well thank you for having me I guess…” “No problem.” With that, my Queen stayed at my home while I was digesting the fact that she was my Queen.

Two days later, I went back to school and attended classes as always, just that I could use magic. On Sunday Alice was still at my place and my parents received a shock when they saw her. Ah, I should’ve warned them…, I thought. [You are a fast thinker.], Ray said. Shut up, I replied. “Welcome back mom and dad!” I shouted through the kitchen. “KAIZER, COME HERE FOR A SECOND!” I walked into the living room and my dad ran at me and whispered: “Who is that girl? Don’t tell me you have a girlfriend.” “No, no. She’s a classmate who had asked me to help her in something and I did but she got a fever yesterday so I let her sleep over,” I replied. “So, what you are saying is that you were approached by a girl? THAT IS NEW!” My dad accidently shouted the last part so that my mother and Alice looked at us as if we were weird people.

About three minutes later, my parents calmed down and I told them that I had received a scholarship from a school in the USA. They were reluctant at first and had me Google after the school, which seemed to have received great reviews so they accepted delightedly. I was rather shocked because they were accepting the fact that I had to stay there 24/7 in a dorm for a whole term. So yeah, I was about to transfer to a new school and all my parents wanted to know was: When?

 Well, the next day, I went to school and at lunch I told Jake about the transfer and a surprise waited for me: “So, I’m transferring to a new school.” “Wait, what? You can’t be serious! I mean what am I going to do? My sister will be killing me without you around bro! And, which school?” “You’ll be fine and to which school, Dragon academy. I received a scholarship and my parents agreed.” “Wow, what heartless parents… and DRAGON ACADEMY? ARE YOU SERIOUS?” “Yep, I am. How do you know Dragon academy?” “Well, you know, my sis sort of looked at a school ranking list and apparently Dragon academy is first place. She kept on talking of that one school for like three days.” What a poor guy, such an annoying sister. “Well, I’m going anyway… My parents met an executive from the school and apparently I’m leaving this Saturday.” “Dang, I thought I’d have some time to make like a goodbye party.” “And who would come? Your sister and parents, some of our middle school friends and you, pretty empty party.” “True.”

Finally, it was Saturday and all I thought was: Oh god, I’m leaving now I guess… I packed everything so I’m ready to go to the airport. Yes, I would have to fly to my school with an airplane and apparently they would pay for everything, everything necessary: Computer, clothes (not more than necessary and uniform is included), toiletries but not games and game consoles. A TV and CD/Blue-ray player is included in the room which is shared with one person. “KAIZER, ARE YOU READY TO GO?” “YES DAD!” And with those words, I ran downstairs from my room with my luggage and out of the house. I put my luggage into the trunk and my dad drove off.

At the airport I saw Alice walk towards my gate but pretended as if I didn’t. The ‘executive’ walked towards me and greeted my parents. Then we walked away after some goodbyes. By my gate, the illusion executive disappeared and Alice looked at me. “Let’s go.” And so I went onto the plane towards Dragon academy.



© 2013 Kane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 18, 2013


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane