Chapter 7: History of Kings

Chapter 7: History of Kings

A Chapter by Kane

Three days later, my new roommate Jake and I went to the cafeteria for breakfast. There we met Eric, whom I hadn’t seen for a week, who started harassing me again. It looked like he had recovered but that changed when Jake materialized his scythe in his hand and held the blade at the throat of Eric. Jake just said: “Shut up and piss of or I will kill you and do my job and bring you to the world of the dead and just might lose you on the way.” “Stop it Jake, if you continue doing that, I will really, hit you and make you regret it. He’s unnecessary trouble man,” I said eating. Jake let his scythe disappear and then sat down again. Eric ran away and we were eating quietly. Then Jack and Jett came to our table. “Guys, after class we need to do something,” Jett said. “What? I mean I need to take care of Onyx, Jake needs to take care of Ruby and Jack needs to take care of Jeremiah,” I replied. Jake and Jack had gotten their familiars two days ago, Jakes was a Koper, a special kind of creature which could turn into a reaper when it was scared or angry, and Jacks was a Criaer, a creature which could emit electricity and which was also very strong. “I know but Ray told me that he wanted to teach us the History of all the Kings today ASAP,” Jett said. Jack sighed and stood up, he then went out of the cafeteria followed by Jake and me. Jett was left behind with his mouth agape. I parted ways with those two and went to my classroom. I had languages and I wanted to learn the language of the Dragons.

 I went inside and got my books out. I sat in a chair waiting for the class to start but then someone sat next to me. I turned and saw Alice sitting in the chair next to me. “What are you doing in my language class? I thought you had some kind of Monster Hunter class right now!” I hissed at her. “Nope, I received a mission from the council telling me to look over the King Kaizer Nova because I got him back to the school successfully,” Alice replied. I was stunned and then I heard Ray say: [Hey dude, concentrate. If you keep on thinking of her, I can’t work, it’s because thoughts of a King about his Queen interrupt me, I don’t know why though. I am halfway through unsealing all the seals by the way.] I pretended like I hadn’t heard that and just waited for the teacher to arrive.  I used a skill I had picked up from Jake which made me feel my surroundings and I felt all the students from my class glaring at me and Alice. I just sighed and heard the classroom door open. I thought it was the teacher but it was a monster, gleaming black and looking like nothing I had ever seen. Alice and I quickly stood up; I held Abyss and Void in my hands and Alice held a knife in her hand which she pulled from her boot. The monster charged at my classmate closest to it and I intercepted. I then let Abyss burn and stabbed at the creature. It screeched like Bob (remember Bob? Yeah, Bob the Sphinx) and disappeared. I felt another creature creeping up to me and turned around in time to see another one of the creatures. It opened its maw but then screeched and disappeared as well. I saw Jake holding two daggers in his hands and in his black robe. He held out his hand and I took it. “What’s going on Jake?” I asked him. “Hell, if I know, then you can call me a genius,” he answered. I then changed my two blades Abyss and Void to two green blades, one I called Emerald and the other one Flora. I twirled them in my hands and then used their special effects which let them move independently. I then materialized the two red blades, one is called: Lux and one is called: Meteor, and held those two in my hand coating them in wind and walked through the door with Jake at my heels. Jake went left out of the classroom and I went right up a flight of stairs and saw upperclassmen fighting against the monsters. I charged and cut through them and Emerald and Flora cut all the Monsters beside or behind me. I walked up the next flight of stairs and saw the teachers killing one monster after the other. I quickly turned around and jumped out of a window. I used the air to cushion to my fall and went in through the front door. I then fought to the classrooms of the first years and saw them cowering behind tables. I let them follow me and went from class to class slashing through monster after monster. I then went up to the room of my class and saw Alice holding a knife at my throat. “Relax, it’s just me, I brought some first years, take care of them please I said and then went back into the hallway. I saw the first years walking into the classroom and I kept on walking. I walked up a floor again and saw that the upperclassmen fighting along with the teachers. I saw Jett, Jack and Jake there, fighting as well so I went to the main entrance again and saw more trying to enter. I called Onyx with my thoughts and then stormed calling more blades which could move independently. “Dance along to one tune, dance with the wind, dance in the waltz!” I shouted and half of the blades cut at the monsters in the waltz. I kept on discovering new ways of using some swords. I let out spell after spell, and cut down one after the other but just as I cut one down, another one took his place. Onyx then flew down and attacked them. Flames flew from his mouth and he killed the monsters as well. Onyx grew a lot after the day I had met him. I then blacked out.

“Ah, Kaizer, good that you’re here, I just unlocked one more of your powers.” “WHY DID YOU CALL ME NOW? I WAS FIGHTING; IF YOU UNLOCKED A NEW POWER THEN JUST TELL ME THROUGH THAT TELEPATHY THING!” I shouted at Ray. “It is because this power comes with consequences, you could die if you use it and you are not compatible,” he replied. “I call it the Jester mode; you create a mask with your life force and that mask lets you excel in something.” “Ok, tell me then how it works,” I said. “You concentrate your life energy onto your right hand and then let the hand slide over your face. But, are you ready to face the consequences?” He asked. I just looked at him and then grinned: “As long as it saves them I will always try.”

I was back and saw that I had fought on auto pilot. I then concentrated my life energy onto my right hand and slid that over my face. I then looked at them, and saw how weak ad fragile the monsters were. I materialized new blades in my hands, a black one and a blue one, the color wasn’t much different from Abyss and Void but there was an aura surrounding either of them and the hilts were different. The monsters charged at me while I was still admiring the blades, and all of them let out a horrible scream which sounded like a human-monkey scream. I wielded the black blade which I had covered in wind before and saw that there was a vacuum which went to the end of their lines. I then said: “Disappear into a place which is like your home: Void.” A black gash appeared in the vacuum and all of the monsters were pulled in. I then closed it with sheer willpower and then turned around. I walked back up to the teachers and upperclassmen, and joined them. Jack, Jake and Jett looked at me curiously. All the monsters turned towards me and charged. I saw the teachers standing there exhausted but ignored them. I then wielded the blue blade engulfed in flames and then said: “Burn to ashes and smolder in the fires of Hell, I am Fates executioner and now you are officially executed: Judgment.” I swung the blade at them and then blue flames engulfed all of them and they burned. They all screeched and then turned into ashes. I just looked at the one which was still burning and asked: “Who summoned you?” “Our master is the true heir of Raztrafero Walker; he is someone you will never meet!” The monster shouted and then disappeared. All of them looked at me and then I just took off the mask and let it burn away. I looked around and saw Jack walking towards me: “What was that?” “Ray calls it the Jester, a form where one excels in one category but it has a drawback.” “Which is?” “You die, if you aren’t compatible to the form,” I answered. Then I blacked out.

I opened my eyes and saw a man surrounded by others. “So, what are you planning on doing Kennan?” I heard one of them say. “I will try to fight until I die, because I have been chosen by my friend to protect this place,” the one named Kennan answered. Another man joined them and I was surprised to see that he had blue hair like me. He said: “Kennan, I know that I chose you but you should know that I did not choose you so that you sacrifice yourself. Run away with Irwina and my wife as well as my children. It will help me and you because I have sworn my life to protect all of the people. I am the one who has been chosen by Fate, I am Destiny, I am Raztrafero Walker, and I will not let you sacrifice yourself. Take the others and tell them it’s a mission and run away please, I need to know that you are safe.” I was shocked. I was seeing a memory of Ray, but why? “Ray, why are you telling me to do this? Why not **** or **** or **** or even ******?” “Because they will decline at once, they will stay and fight with me. I don’t want that, protect my children and give them the name Nova as family name. I want to know them but not let my enemies know.” I couldn’t think. I couldn’t do anything. Suddenly all the gears spun together, I was Rays descendent and so I was chosen by Fate to become a King. But why did he never say that I was of his blood? I then fell, darkness surrounded me and I didn’t shout. I just fell, deeper and deeper

I opened my eyes again and saw Jack and Jake bickering and Jett standing there trying to stop them. I saw Alice sitting in a chair next to me and to my surprise I saw Aria talk to Alice. Jack, Jake and Jett noticed me moving and looked at me. “Yo, what’s up?” I asked. “Kaizer, you’re awake!” They all shouted at the same time. Alice looked at me surprised and then smiled. Aria also smiled but there was one thing, I knew that there was someone else in the room on this layer. On a different layer Onyx looked at me but there was someone else. “Who are you?” I asked into the room. I heard a chuckling and Jack, Jake and Jett looked around surprised. “I am a friend of Ray, that’s all for now,” a voice said. [So you’re here eh? I should have guessed that,] Ray said. “Are you Kennan?” I asked. Everyone was confused and looked at me but Ray just chuckled. “So Ray showed you that memory… yes, I am Kennan, the one who saved the family of Ray and the family of his friends. I am also still entitled King so I belong to the oldest Kings.” Everyone was surprised now but Ray started laughing. Suddenly there was a puma standing next to me and Jett had a gun pointing at its head, Jake was between the puma and me and Jack had electricity in his hand and got ready to hit someone. “Guys, don’t, that’s Kennan’s familiar. Isn’t it Kennan?” I asked. “Indeed, that is my familiar. But tell me, how did you know?” “I have seen the auras of two familiars of Kings and they all had one thing in common, they had a string attached to it just like your puma has to you. Now, since I know where you are, would you please come out? I don’t like talking to air,” I answered. And just after the words left my lips, Kennan stood next to Alice and looked just like he did in my vision. He had red hair, jet black eyes, looked like a 17 year old and his clothes were an army uniform with a camouflage cloak. [I guess I should tell you the history of the kings. You see, the Kings aren’t only chosen to work for Fate but they are also reincarnations of their ancestors who were the first Kings. Well, the first Kings were me, Kennan and some of our friends. Our friends are your ancestors but somehow we don’t have 13 Kings like we normally do but 12. It seems like Kaizer over there, is my descendant as well as the descendant of my friend and his namesake Kaizer.] Everyone looked at me and I just raised an eyebrow. [Now, you all have your full powers except for Kaizer, you will receive the other half of the Dragonic powers through a test made by my former familiar Drake. He is an Emperor Dragon, the strongest of all Dragon branches, and he is the strongest Emperor Dragon. Search for him, and you will receive the rest of the Dragonic powers.] After Ray said that, he disappeared and I looked around the room. Everyone looked troubled except for Kennan; he just played with his fingernails. I looked at the ceiling and thought: Alright, when do I leave? [In three months, I want you to be ready for all the tests.] And then he left. I stood up, and walked out of the room feeling the glares of the others but I just ignored them. I went out of the school building and went to the dormitories. I entered my room and slept. I’ll just attend school and get some extra training. And then, I fell asleep again.



© 2013 Kane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 18, 2013


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane