Chapter 13: Destiny

Chapter 13: Destiny

A Chapter by Kane

I looked around me and saw a forest. I thought about what had happened and my head started hurting. I remembered nothing. Neither my name nor what had happened.  I looked around again and stood up. I started walking through the forest and saw a huge castle. I walked towards it and heard screaming. It was a girl’s voice and all I could do, was react. I ran towards where the screams came from and saw corpses. Some of the corpses had armor on and others were simply clothed. I saw ten men standing around one man who was standing with his back to a carriage. I picked up a sword and threw it at one of the ten men. Then I picked up two more blades and charged. The blades had different balances which made my job much more difficult. One of the men fell with the blade I had thrown at him in his back and the other nine turned around, just to see me charging at them. I swung one blade and blocked with the other. Swing after swing slew man after man. The man who was standing in front of the carriage joined me in my fight. One man was left and that man ran away. I looked at the man who helped me kill just to see him staring at me. “You’re incredibly strong, who taught you how to fight that way?” “I don’t know,” I replied. The man shrugged and turned towards the carriage and said: “Miss, the danger is over, we have a problem though. It seems like we have taken to many losses to be able to go on with the carriage. We will have to walk to the castle.” “Of course, we shall walk then,” a feminine voice replied out of the inside of the carriage. A woman walked out of it and I looked at her. She was tall, slim and had auburn hair. Her eyes were jet black and it was like they absorbed the light. I looked at her and saw something in those eyes; surprise. She quickly caught herself and asked: “Captain, explain.” “Of course my lady, this young man helped me in defending the carriage.” She ignored me and walked towards the castle. I grinned out of some weird reason and followed the woman. The captain was walking next to me and said: “Thank you for walking along with us traveler.” “Ah, no problem, I was intending to walk to that castle anyway.” We walked in silence and stopped at a gate. The gate guards were talking with the woman and the captain. I listened to the wind around me. The captain came to me and said: “Well, it looks like they aren’t intending on letting us in.” I smiled and then walked to the guards. One of them looked at me and said: “Go away already; we aren’t letting anyone in today.”  I grinned and gathered the air in my hand. I let it fly at the gate. The gate creaked open and I walked through. The guards were running around trying to call help. I looked at some people on the walls. They were eleven in total. They jumped of the wall and disappeared. I raised the two swords quickly enough to block ten different hits. The eleven figures were standing before me and looked at me. “You’re pretty good, wanna spar?” “I’d rather not; I came here for a different reason.” “Let me guess, you came here to find answers?” I looked at the man, surprised. He was weird, they were all weird, wearing masks and having hoods on. I felt a blade on my neck, a blue blade, held by someone who looked familiar. Another man walked towards me and smiled: “Hello, nice to meet you, you look like me, blue hair and lonely.” He then turned to the woman and said: “I am sorry, what happened on your travel?” “We were attacked and almost killed,” she replied. The blue haired man guided her away from the gate. He then gestured me too follow him. I followed him and we walked into a castle. The woman was guided away by a servant and I was guided to a room by the figures. They all pulled off their hoods and masks. The blue haired man then said: “Hello, my name is Raztrafero Walker, you may call me Ray. These are my friends: Jack, Jake, Jett, Libra, Kaizer, Irwina, Evan, Hamlet, Kenny, Loid, Kennan and Mercedes.” I looked at the others and stared. They were all somehow familiar. “So, who are you? A fourteenth King or are you a Fallen?” “I don’t know who I am. All I know is that I somehow know you.” Ray smiled and said: “Then I want to see something. Follow me.” He led me to a room which seemed sturdy. He then materialized blades in his hands and his eyes turned red. He smiled and charged. I blocked with the swords and heard them shatter. I jumped back and threw the useless hilts to the ground. My instincts took over and I was in a trance. I had a mask on my face and I could see so many things. I also had a cloak of light and turned the cloak into blades. I charged and was absorbed into a battle. Ray was still grinning and blocked slash after slash. He then had a mask on his face as well and was gone. I felt cold steel on my neck and let the blades fall. Suddenly I burned. I was burning and felt nothing. The flames died and I saw Ray smiling at me. I looked at him and he said: “Seems like you are a King, but not in the correct time. Be gone!”

I was somewhere else. I saw trees dancing in the wind. Suddenly I heard someone weeping. I stood and walked into the forest. A girl sat on a stone; she resembled a girl I saw next to Ray. She had Irises like emeralds and her hair changed color. I looked at her and she noticed me. She materialized a weapon and aimed it at me. She looked at me surprised and then ran towards me. She hugged me and said: “We thought we had lost you!” I was confused and looked at her: “Who are you?” She looked at me surprised and then Ray’s voice said: [Well this is interesting. My memories have changed. It seems like you have been in my past.] “Where are you? I still haven’t won yet!” Mercedes looked at me confused and then dragged me away. I was dragged in front of a huge Dragon and Mercedes said: “Drake, he seems to have lost his memory, can you help him?” The Dragon walked to me and then touched me with his claw. Memories surged into me and I saw a bundle. I grabbed the bundle. Something inside me changed. I remembered everything. “What a hassle, to forget and then remember.” [So now you remember.] I smiled and said to Mercedes: “So you missed me.” She looked at me annoyed and blushed. “Be quiet you.” I smiled again and then walked to Drake: “What happened to the shape-shifter?” “Dead, we burned the corpse.” I nodded and then walked away. I passed Dragon after Dragon and saw Alice standing next to Tear. I saw them, forcing smiles and chatting. I went to a vendor and bought some drinks. I phase walked behind the two of them and held the drinks to their cheeks (the drinks were very cold). They both shrieked and I couldn’t stop laughter from coming up. They looked at me and then jumped at me, hugging me. “I missed you, I thought you had died!” Alice said. Tear was not saying anything. I just smiled and said: “Sorry for making you two worry.” Alice and Tear stepped back and I said to Tear: “Ray told me that you are… special. Apparently you are my second Queen. If Alice and you accept, I would like you to bond to me.” Alice smiled and nodded when Tear stared at her. Tear nodded and Flames erupted around us. The Flames turned into a crowns and I smiled, Tear smiled too. I heard footsteps and turned around.  A boy with Dragon wings and a tail walked towards us. He had brown hair and looked at me. I looked at him in return and he then said: “Hey, if you’re flirting with girls then flirt with girls who don’t belong to me.” “I am not your girl Blake!” Tear shouted. I looked at them and asked: “Hey man, what’s your relationship with Tear?” “I’m her Fiancée.” I looked at him and smiled: “Well, it seems like you are a cheating Fiancée.” At first he was shocked but that shock turned into anger and he charged at me with a mace he had strapped to his hip.  Tear gasped but I just smiled at Blake. When he came close I phase walked away and materialized a blade in my left hand. He charged again but I parried and hit the mace out of his hand. “Hey man, don’t make me kill you,” I said with dead seriousness. He then turned to me and said: “You are arrested for physical attack towards an officer of the army.” I heard Ray chuckle but he didn’t say anything. Blake was looking at me suspiciously. I sighed and walked away. “Are you trying to escape from your fate?” Blake said. I gave him my evil look and he shrank back. “What do you know of fate? Tell me.” “A lot, I am his Brother Destiny.” The world turned into a black space, and only Blake and I stood in it. “Hello, Kaizer Nova, champion of my Brother, I would like to make you a deal: If you join the Fallen, I will make you be able to rule alongside me.” I smiled and said: “So you were planning to make this happen the whole time? Wow, you are pretty good in illusions.” “So you saw the reality.” “Of course I did, I trained in illusions. By the way, you should make better non-illusion scenery. I saw through your illusion since I was in a forest in the illusion but in reality I was in a dark room.” Destiny chuckled: “You still haven’t told me, will you join me?” “Nah seems like a hassle, fighting against both sides.” Destiny chuckled once again and said: “You are just like your ancestors. Raztrafero and Kaizer said the exact same thing. Well, I can’t have a potential threat like you hanging around, goodbye.”

I stood up, again in an unknown place. I looked around, again, and listened to the wind. [So you have finally woken up. I feel Destiny’s power. Has he offered you a spot next to him while he rules?] Yeah, he did. [Ah well, it seems like we are in a place which even I don’t know.] I smiled at his honest statement and looked at the trees swaying in the wind, Déjà vu. I smiled and walked into the thick forest and kept on walking straight. Whatever you throw against me Destiny, I will live through it. [That’s the spirit, now you should focus on the walking part because in front of you there is a cliff.] I slowed down and looked into a deep ravine. I saw light at the bottom but decided not to try to go down. I heard shuffling behind me but ignored it. I knew that there were different things I would need to concentrate on. I felt the beings muscle tense up and so I was getting ready to create a wall. The creature jumped and I built the wall. The figure in the barrier had caught my eye. The girl stuck in it looked like a girl from the middle agesduke


© 2013 Kane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 18, 2013


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane