Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kane

I walked to school a day after I found out about Lucky Lucky. I ran through the school and silently brought out a new deck of cards. I shuffled the cards and then silently blew into them. I flipped all the cards over to see that they were had turned into small pictures of someone wearing a cape and a top hat. Magic always calmed me down and since I had played Battle Royale. Battle Royale was a normal game. Yes, was. Battle Royale had turned into a new game after it had updated for the first time. The app had three functions left: Ranking, Target, Rules. The rules had changed, every single player had been in a dream where a message was shown: 'What Is Thy Wish?' If one thought of a super power, you got it, if you thought of getting the love of your life, it said something else: 'Win Battle Royale knock out round, and thy wish shall be granted.' Those two sentences had created the new Battle Royale. Currently the preliminaries were running, and the only way to get out of them was to land in the top 15. That's where the target system came in, at random intervals one would get a target, a different player to kill. Each kill brought you a point. Each point brought you higher in the ranking. But almost no one did that, everyone quit, but I didn't. I had a wish that had to be fulfilled, no matter how many people I killed. Suddenly, I received a message on my phone, the strange thing was that I never received a text message. I looked at it to see what I wanted: 'The preliminaries are over, come here.' Under the message a map was attached with the location. I ran out of the school to the subway station. I estimated the distance and time it would take to get there and shortened it as much as possible.
I arrived there ten minutes later and saw it was an abandoned building. "How cliché..." I walked in and there was an empty room. In the room there were towers of garbage and someone sat on top of each. There were five including me. I looked at every one of them. I walked towards them and then turned to one specifically: "So, are we going to start?" The person smiled and said: "Wonderful! No wonder you are 'The Magician'!" Everyone turned to me, shock clear on their faces, but I ignored them and said: "Just start it." "Oh, do you not want to wait for the other two?" "I'm warning you, one more word from you and you will regret it," I replied. A smirk decorated his face and he said: "I'm sorry but I have explicit orders. If you are so impatient how about you fight the others to let the competition go down?" I ignored him and activated a power I had. The cards flew around him and I said: "I thought I warned you," I threatened. The cards burst into flames and he said: "Now, now, no violence please." But his smile turned into a frown when he felt something against his body, roses were pressed against his body and I asked: "Are you trying to outwit a magician?" "Scary," the person commented, "but you should know, you can not kill me. I am a GM, and you are a player." His confidence was pissing me off and I decided to deal with it. "How about a magic show then?" I asked. The GM instantly stiffened and got up quickly. "Too late," I commented. The room turned black and only me and the GM were left. Cards appeared out of nowhere and flew around, cutting the GM on the way. After a few seconds I let the room disappear and we came up in front of the others, the GM cut up and me unscathed. I had expected the three to still be sitting on their towers, but they weren't. They stood in front of Lucky Lucky and Smooth/Rough. Oh s**t. I looked at the GM who smirked at me. He held his head and said: "I didn't need to beat you, only stall you." I held my hands forward, palm pointing outwards. New cards appeared and I said: "Just start the game. I don't give a s**t." The GM's smile disappeared and he said: "I expected more reaction..." I smiled this time: "Reaction? Why would you expect that?" "Considering that Smooth/Rough is your twin sister..." "Damn, you guys find out a lot..." I commented. "It's necessary, we need to see potential problems," he answered my unspoken question. I smiled at him and asked: "So you know everything about me?" "No, unfortunately we can't read minds, we only know the official stuff or the things friends, neighbours et cetera tell us. You're the only one where we only got official stuff. Nobody seems to like you." I felt happy about that, but then I felt something at my throat. It was a piece of wood. I turned slightly to see a guy holding it. I looked through my memories to find a guy who use a wooden stick and then it came to me: "Hello there, are you Arthur?" "Smart," the guy commented, "stop attacking the GM, we will be punished and it's not chivalrous." "Huh, your name does depict your personality, a chivalrous knight... Well, sucks to be you, but I don't care about the rules of chivalry so piss off." I gave him my death glare and Arthur promptly backed off. He shook off his fear and ran at me, his stick turning into a shining sword. But suddenly, he stopped in is tracks. I saw a rune floating in front of him and the other man held his hand up. "Arthur, calm down." "Be quiet, brother. His insolence has to be punished." "That's why I always say that you're dumb and old fashioned, nobody cares about chivalry and most of all not this guy. If you keep on going like this he will kill you." "How can you be so sure?" Arthur asked. I turned to the brother and said: "I pity you, you have to live with this guy?" He nodded in reply and said: "You get used to it..." The Gm got up and walked towards us. "As much as I would love to talk about the stupidity of 'Arthur' and you, the brother 'Merlin', I have to say that the game will start soon and the rules are as follows: The battle royal format will be limited. You will be transported to a new location where you will be paired up in a male-female pair, the two last surviving players will be the winners and their wishes will be fulfilled. That's the rules and that's the end of it, happy killing," he smiled and before we could react, the ground disappeared from under us and we fell. Suddenly, I was surrounded by light and then felt ground underneath my feet. I turned and saw a wall that said: 'The Magician' & Lucky Lucky. I turned and saw Jennifer Rachel Elizabeths staring at me... S**t.


© 2014 Kane


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on July 2, 2014
Last Updated on July 6, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane