Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Kane

Krave gave a shaky smile and said: "Bring it on boy." Tome stood straight and he spun the sheath of the sword and the blade came out. He pulled out another sheath and spun it on the other hand. The blades didn't glow this time though. Tome walked towards Krave and Krave pulled out his second knife. He ran at Tome but Tome kept walking. Krave passed by him, a cut appearing at Tomes side and cutting him around and around, but Tome ignored it. His step started to become faster and he started running, running straight, and reality tore. A small Crosser came out at first. Tome quickly disposed of it with a small slash. A bigger one came out, and that one was destroyed quickly as well. But at the end, there was something unexpected, a human came out. The human was male and quite tall, but so thin one could see his bones. His outfit was tattered and one could recognize the jeans and the black shirt he wore. Tome stood straight, muscles visibly tensed, and asked: "So since when could Crossers turn into humans?" The man smiled and his appearance changed. The skin turned into a disgusting grey, his feet received an inhumane curve and a claw stuck out of the back of his calf and his eyes turned into an eerie green. The Crosser still looked relatively human and his smile grew wider: "You should know very well that we evolve at non-human rates, human who resided with-" He was interrupted by one of the swords Tome held being thrown at his face. The Crosser lifted up one finger and blocked it, the blade barely cutting him. "Is that all you got?" A bullet blasted through his stomach and Tome held up a gun. "Shut up." The gun looked like a Desert Eagle with a Golden hue. The Crosser slowly got up, inspecting the hole and said: "That's scary. But is that the best you can offer?" "Of course not," A voice all too familiar to Tome said. Everyone turned around to see Mary. She stood there, with her greying hair and her witch's nose. She walked towards the two fighters and turned to Tome: "Tome, I will release you for this fight, I hope you won't disappoint me." "Miss Mary, although we Crossers respect you for your battle prowess, but you shouldn't say stupid things, the boy doesn't have any more to offer." "Crossers have become so stupid... Don't you know that Tome is actually a Halfling? Half human, half Crosser, so he can evolve pretty quick himself." She took a small syringe out of her coat pocket and injected the contents into Tome's neck. Tome was falling to the ground when electricity sparked through the barrel of the gun. The Crosser looked surprised at the falling Tome, but didn't notice the main point, Tome wasn't falling, he was behind the former. When the Crosser felt cold steel against the back of his head he stiffened up. Every now and again he felt a spark rush through him but his body wouldn't turn around. He felt an aura so oppressive, so fearsome and bloodthirsty that it felt like he wasn't at the top of the food chain anymore, and the being behind him, was way up there. "So, have you ever felt a railgun being shot at you?" "Railgun? A normal pistol cannot be turned into a railgun," the Crosser answered, recognizing Tome's voice. "You do get the theory of a railgun right? So what makes it impossible for me to turn a normal gun into a railgun?" "The fact that you need magnetic fields and a lot of electricity." "Done and done," Tome said before pulling the trigger. The Crosser's head disappeared without a trace and Tome turned to Krave first: "Wanna have a go?" Krave quickly shook his head and Tome shrugged before turning to the students. He looked at each one of them before saying: "I'm tired, I'm leaving." And leave he did.


© 2014 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
There might be a few confusing parts so I apologize in advance. Anyway, Reviews are appreciated, thank you for reading and I'll see you next chapter

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on September 3, 2014
Last Updated on September 10, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane