Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Kane

Prison wasn't that bad, considering that people actually respected me for playing the police for so long, and others for sacrificing myself for my friends. Of course there were these wannabe big shots who didn't like the attention I was getting so I kept my head low. My cell wasn't bad either, decorated with a bed and a TV I could live quite comfortably, considering they also gave me books if I wanted and the Warden secretly gave me a bit of internet connection every now and again in return for testing their security and improving it where possible. But one day I got a pretty sweet deal.
"Jackson! You have a visitor!" A jailer shouted after opening my door. I got up with a sigh and followed him into the visitor room to see a woman sitting in a chair, brown hair pulled back into a ponytail and sunglasses covering her eyes. Her figure was more of the slim type and she looked quite good in every aspect, but I couldn't completely judge her considering the sunglasses.
"Arthur Jackson?" She asks.
"Yes, but I don't know why you're asking considering the fact that you specifically asked for me and the jailers here are quite competent," I reply simply.
She smirks at my answer and says: "Well, I learned not to trust people at all."
I smile at her jab. She was smart and very collected. A pro in this and my best bet would be to get her to make a deal with me. However, that was probably the reason why she was here and I didn't want to sound needy, deals also went by supply and demand.
"So, why are you here then madam...?"
"Jones, Celine Jones is my name. I'm here to hire you, in the name of the World Government."
I laugh out, thinking it was a joke first, but seeing her serious face I stop laughing: "You're serious? The World Government? Wow, the guys who put me here want me... wouldn't it work with just CGoeH's other members?"
"That's just it, CGoeH refuses to work with us unless you're there with them. They said, and I quote: 'If Arthur, our leader isn't going to join you guys we can never trust you enough for us to work over 50%, let alone be motivated enough to be at 20%, which would make us a common household hacker.'," she replies with a sigh and I look at her with understanding. That sounded exactly like them. But to trust I needed to know something: "So, what do you want from us then?"
"Simple, we want you and your group to help us prevent a third world war. We want you to hack into the potential instigators and see what they planned. get the evidence, destroy harmful intel and then bring it to us. That's what you usually do right?"
"You did your homework... Sure, I'll agree. But under one condition, you give us the stuff we want, and you let us work independently enough so that our chain of command top isn't you, but the top of the World Government," I say, all of the joking out of my voice. She looks at me for a second before holding up a finger and calling someone on her phone. She talked in hushed tones, quickly and quietly. I couldn't overhear anything, and I didn't bother. But I did notice her getting agitated. She finally hung up and turned to me: "Alright, my boss wants a test of your skills. You should try to hack into our network again. Apparently we upped the security and the test hackers didn't get past the first stage so he wants to see how far you will get."
I smile at the obvious challenge. I feel alive again and my smile just keeps growing at the thought: "Get me a computer with internet connection and two screens.


© 2014 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
Okay, so I decided to go a bit wild today. I want to make you have two chapters as a sorry from me so enjoy :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on October 16, 2014
Last Updated on October 16, 2014


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane