The Origin and its apocalyptic Guardian

The Origin and its apocalyptic Guardian

A Chapter by Kane

In every world there are prisons. Some prisons are just more famous than others. For Earth probably the most famous prison would be Alcatraz but for Logwyn, the most known prison was Origin. Origin was a maximum security prison, funded by every country in Logwyn and only elites could be part of their staff. Their skill was undisputed because the people who got locked into Origin were only great Demons or other outlaws with a bounty of at least three million in any Logwyn currency. But although the wardens could hinder lone prisoners from escaping, they couldn’t always hold back an army of monsters trying to break in to free their boss. That was until he had come. Silent like a storm, the chief warden of Origin had hired two new wardens, one was known as Fitz, the other as Lugh. Lugh was only active in the night while Fitz was active during the day. Usually escape attempts happened at night, but after they were called in the escape rate that had been a maximum of two every two years had fallen to no escapees. Any army that was thrown at Origin was found lying dead in front of the walls the next morning. But no one from Origin knew exactly how it happened. They just knew that it started with the appearance of Fitz and Lugh. Any observation magic would fall short and there were no traces of remaining magic, which was odd because an army would cast at least a bit of magic to defend themselves but there were no traces…

 

“Fitz, can you let me out?”
“In your dreams Ail, you know that you need to stay here for the rest of your life,” Fitz responded.
“A man has to try right?” Ail responded.
“Then try escaping, you have loyal followers, no?”
Ail frowned at Fitz’ response: “As if I’d tell them to die.”
“Ah, so that’s why they are so loyal…” Fitz commented.
“Hey, won’t you at least tell me what kills everything?” Ail attempted.
“Sorry, but I have no idea,” Fitz smiled while walking away.

Fitz returned to the gigantic monitoring room, where tons of monitors were set up to check on the prisoners. There all the wardens gathered when they had time to kill and sat down with each other, enjoyed a nice chat and a drink. Fitz was well liked in the prison, by prisoners and fellow wardens alike.
“Hey Fitz, how were your rounds?” Fellow Warden Kyle asked.
“Quite boring, as usual,” Fitz replied nonchalantly before plopping down into a chair and drinking a sip of water. Usually people drank water here, but Fitz never liked the taste of it so he drank water.
“Anything new?” Fitz asked.
“Some new guys tried to use teleporting magic, surprised they didn’t think we would think of that,” Kyle answered.
“Must’ve been quite the show,” Fitz muttered under his breath.
“I’m sorry what?” Kyle asked
Before Fitz could answer they heard a rumbling sound and the monitors switched to the outside observers. Everyone stood up quickly, they saw an army approach. No one had been stupid enough to attack Origin with an army before, but this time someone important must have been locked up.
Fitz got up and ran outside, hearing the alarm go off, signaling everyone else to get ready for combat. He ran into his room and opened a chest that stood in front of his bed. Inside there were three swords, black boots, black and red gloves, a red hood, a black coat with dark red stripes and black pants. Fitz quickly changed into those clothes and fastened the swords onto his back at hip area, two easily accessible by his right hand, one by his left. He also grabbed the last item, a half black and half white mask with a smiling face which he promptly put on. Lugh was awake for the first time at day time, and Fitz fell asleep.

The wardens saw the army approach and got combat ready, preparing all sorts of big spells and checking over their weapons one last time until the chief warden joined them on top of Origins outer walls. The chief warden looked out past his fiery red hair, observing the army.
“Open the front gate,” he said.
“But sir! They will use it as an opportunity!” Kyle retorted.
“It doesn’t need to be open for more than three seconds. Those three seconds should be enough for him to get out.”
The gates were opened hesitantly, and everyone looked at them curiously. Out stepped someone in black clothes, completely out of place in the rocky gray surroundings. No one had seen him before, but the Chief Warden smiled.
He put a finger to his throat and his voice was magnified as he shouted: “Lugh! You have permission to dispose of them as you see fit!”
The lone figure looked up with the mask and raised his hand in a sign of understanding. He walked forward to meet the army, slowly. Suddenly he broke into a sprint, and some members ran to meet him but they ran past him. Lugh had his swords out and was slashing relentlessly left and right, dispatching enemy after enemy and the army couldn’t react. He dual-wielded the swords but one was kept in its sheath at all times. During his assault he threw a sword in a smooth motion and it hit a monster. Without missing a single second he flourished the third sword at his hip and slashed at a new enemy. He fought his way to the discarded sword and threw the sword in his right hand into the air, picking up the sword that was stuck inside of a corpse and sheathing it. He caught the sword out of the air and fought his way through the masses again until he stood still. He stood there and the army slowly surrounded him, hesitant to move in at first, but relentless when they got over their initial fear.
But then something broke out of his back, wings made of blood. The wings flapped and blood drops flew everywhere. The members of the army decided to ignore it, noticing their error too late. Their bodies erupted and blood from their own bodies pierced them from the inside. More and more blood came out and manifested into a huge orb. Lugh sheathed his swords and held out both of his hands. The blood orb gather in front of his hands before it all disappeared. Lugh looked up and everyone felt a chill run down their spine. The remaining two thirds of the army looked up along with the army to see something fall out of the sky, something red. As it came closer everyone noticed. Lugh had cast a spell. The blood had crystallized into spear like weapons and fell out of the sky. The spears landed and fell onto the army, killing off everyone in the army, leaving Lugh conveniently unscathed. The stone surroundings were covered in blood and the crystallized spears turned back into liquid blood, flowing onto the ground. Lugh walked back to the prison and disappeared inside while the wardens looked stunned.
“Welcome to the world of the blood mages greenhorns. This is why they are so strong. They train their bodies and they kill without leaving a trace because they use the excess magic in the surroundings to satiate the remaining mana necessary to utilize the spells. You should feel honored that you saw Lugh, the blood archmage in action.”
What no one noticed, was the the blood staining the stones arranged into a smiling mask.



© 2015 Kane


Author's Note

Kane
I have no excuses, I won't even pretend that I do. well in case you hadn't noticed, its part 3 of the men with the smiling masks. I would appreciate any reviews, whether good or bad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
Added on October 18, 2015
Last Updated on October 18, 2015


Author

Kane
Kane

Somewhere over there, Germany



About
I am a person who enjoys reading the work of other people but also like to try writing fantasy novels. Currently running series: None On Hiatus: Alcatraz, Yggdrasil, Fly like the bird you are,.. more..

Writing
Forests Forests

A Story by Kane


Something weird Something weird

A Chapter by Kane