Guardians-- Chapter 1

Guardians-- Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cait
"

Lillie Roland was known as a teen that was carefree and uncontrollable. Soon, all of the wild acts catch up to her when she is roaming the streets with alcohol and entering New York City's traffic.

"
"Hey, wanna go to Jay's house?" my best friend, Emily asked, her eyes narrowed mischeviously. I knew exactly what she was getting at. Jay was the biggest pot dealer in our school and he would give it to Emily for free considering they were dating. We were drunk from sneaking Emily's mom's favorite vodka from her "locked" cabinet and mixing it with Jello. But I figured, what the hell? Being seventeen going on eighteen, I might as well live life to the fullest.
I nodded, smiling. We practically ran down the streets of New York City, swerving when we turned a corner and dodging the oncoming traffic. I unknowingly ran ahead of Emily to beat the green light on the intersection. I heard angry cars honk their horns at me, the drivers shouting at me about how crazy and fucked up I am.
Maybe they were right.
One car didn't wait. It was a red light and the GMC Yukon wasn't going to stop for anything or anyone, especially me.
I was one second too late. I saw the front hood speeding closer and closer to me. My brain was on an adrenaline rush but my body was slower than usual. I had too many jello shots. Maybe the driver of the truck had too much to drink as well. I felt small as the large truck was getting closer and closer to my face, blocking my eye sight of the last things I would ever see on Earth. I could hear cars slamming their horns louder, and the echo of people's gasps and screams as I felt the front of the truck crush me. I was stuck on the hood and the truck didn't stop driving until a building came into view. The front of the truck and I crashed through the wall sized window and into a crowd of people. Everyone was screaming as the truck pushed me halfway through the room. Then, it slammed it's brakes, my body flying through the air like a catapult launched me through the room. My head bounced like a basket ball when it made contact with the tile floor, but my body was a crumpled heap when I fell to the ground.
I knew I was dead the second the truck hit me, but I didn't understand why I was still in my body. As I laid on the ground, paralyzed, a man crouched over me. He was older than me, maybe mid-twenties, and tall. Very tall, probably 6’6” or 6’7”. And totally my definition of gorgeous. He had shaggy brown hair, tossled from the city's windy weather. The one trait I couldn't stop staring at was those eyes. Those dark brown eyes. I could have gotten lost in them. They reminded me of my late father from the pictures I had of him. The man also wore a long, black coat, almost like a trench coat.
But his beauty was not important now. I was on the brink of death, yet I was still alive. I hoped he would have the answers of why this was happening to me.
"Lillian Rowland?" he guessed. I wanted to nod and correct him, as my name was "Lillie." However, I couldn't move. I wanted to believe it was because I was too drunk to function, but I would be lying. I didn't feel drunk at all. Instead, I felt light and free, like if the man didn't hold me, I would fly away into the skies. Instead, my response was opening my mouth and mumbling "yes."
"You are safe now," the man stated. "Nothing can hurt you." I muttered "okay," and then began to black out. The last thing I heard was Emily screaming my name in despair.


© 2010 Cait


Author's Note

Cait
Once again, please just give me unbiased critics. It would be very much appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on August 3, 2010
Last Updated on August 3, 2010


Author

Cait
Cait

PA



Writing
My Epiphany My Epiphany

A Story by Cait


Guardians Guardians

A Book by Cait