Jealousy

Jealousy

A Poem by Callum

First, give me some tequila
screw the lime
rub my face in the dirt
all the guys you grind
jealousy whipped 
a b*****d willing to pine
set me on fire,
i'll still get in line
jealousy sucks
and so does this rhyme

© 2013 Callum


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it when we can just throw it all out there.. Written therapy of sorts... Who cares if the rhyme seems silly, or a little "off"... Did it feel good? Did you not feel better getting it off your chest? When you look back now can you laugh? Always better to get it out.. Jealousy does suck... We all have problems, issues, demons, tragedies, pain, sorrow, we just gotta learn to live with what the heck we got and let go of what we don't need... Comedian Ron White said when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, then get with someone who life gave them vodka:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


I don't think this sucks at all. The first four lines show a guy who is trying to drown the hurt and pain watching a woman he cares for mess around with other men. The next four lines show a dejected guy who hates that he still has feelings for her, even after the others. The last two lines just don't have anything to offer this piece. They just feel flip and they take away from a poem that shows real hurt and the angry feelings jealousy carries. Just my opinion, of course. I like this little piece. Angi~

Posted 10 Years Ago


Callum

10 Years Ago

your opinion matters. thanks Angi! :o)
Angi

10 Years Ago

You are very welcome, Cal.
A very good rhyme. Sometime good to have the tequila and opportunity. Nice flow of words leading to a good ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Callum

10 Years Ago

this was my worst. thanks for reading.

Cal
I do agree with the write. You've expressed so much in a few words. I liked this cos it's a real piece and you've just well converted the moments of life.. of reality into the words of peace or Jealously ... Theme's seemed great once again. It's really a great topic to think ..to write something cos, so many things we can write on this title from our life. Well done, beautifully defined.

Posted 10 Years Ago


You are passioned! I can feel these words, this poem. I think you should continue writing like this cause it is a way toexpress yourself too. Hope you would enjoy my writings too!

Posted 10 Years Ago


wow, i like the ending...we feel so devasted when this happens, and then we debase ourselves. and our jealousy...we wonder why we just can't move on...

love these short pieces.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Callum

10 Years Ago

thanks bud! jealousy sucks. lol
Raging hormones are difficult to keep calm, such as your fire!...I'll pour you some whiskey my sweet friend, have a drink with me?... and we'll chat about old times.~xo~ Nice write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sky
Jealousy does suck. To break it down you need to douse the fire with water. Let it simmer for a while, maybe you can sweat it out, get her out of your system. Sucky rhyme? No way! I hear the angry voice in this. Love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

503 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 28, 2013
Last Updated on September 11, 2013
Tags: Jealousy, Sucks, Tequila

Author

Callum
Callum

City of Peace



About
Nothing special about me. i will write more about myself when time permits. i'm interested in all Genres. Life's great. i travel alot and stay busy. :o) more..

Writing
Wandering Wandering

A Poem by Callum


Never knowing Never knowing

A Poem by Callum


Crave Crave

A Poem by Callum



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Amateur The Amateur

A Poem by MsJewel