Bloom

Bloom

A Poem by Grace Gammello
"

A bittersweet poem surrounding spring.

"
And the flowers bloom. 
They bloom white and pink. Coral and ivory. Milk and blush.
I walk the paths lined with sweet-studded trees, the flowers too juvenile to let go of their green sprouts just yet.
The birds sing in cacophonous harmony amidst the echos of shivering trees and buzzing bees.
It is spring, and I am alone. 
The world breathes fresh air and the earth soaks up the sunlight, and I am silent. 
I can embrace the delightful surroundings with joy and peaceful rest; with bright cheeks and floating thoughts.
But I face the warm sidewalk and my polka-dot shoes, inwardly focused.
I am tired, I am a turtle, and I am trembling. 
This conflict of division nudges my mind and bones, so I glance briefly up to appreciate the beauty given to me.
But though it is lovely indeed, it is fleeting while my soul is in sorrow.
I walk along, hair high and heart low.
And the flowers bloom.

© 2016 Grace Gammello


Author's Note

Grace Gammello
Can you relate?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i can relate.... it is spring here too....first of all i loved your sweet descriptions about spring and the magical wave you created in the readers mind... and you have done an amazing job while creating the lonely and melancholic feeling of a heart.... excellent job and the thought behind the poem is very catchy.... full ratings mate.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Boom it touched me And the flowers bloom. That was a time when I would had certainly related to it....

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is simply beautiful to read. I'm puzzled as to why there is only one review. Keep up the great writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


i can relate.... it is spring here too....first of all i loved your sweet descriptions about spring and the magical wave you created in the readers mind... and you have done an amazing job while creating the lonely and melancholic feeling of a heart.... excellent job and the thought behind the poem is very catchy.... full ratings mate.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 1, 2016
Last Updated on March 1, 2016
Tags: flowers, spring, heart, bloom, blooming, conflict, sadness, sad

Author

Grace Gammello
Grace Gammello

MN



About
Aloha, I'm an aspiring artist, novelist, and simply passionate writer. It's mostly a hobby for me, as I always have something else to attend to. I love fiction and philosophical works, along with aest.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bruises Bruises

A Poem by Alias