The Sentinel

The Sentinel

A Story by The Poet of Black Wings

It's been a hundred years, since The Sentinel spoke to us. One hundred long years since the moon has guided us, but today... she spoke to us.



We were once a proud, magnificent people. We had everything that you could possibly want in life...

The peace and prosperity we once had, we owed to The Sentinel. All the joy, and glory of our magnificent civilization, all thanks to her, our goddess, but that is all but lost to us today.

These are hard times for our people. Once, where we had marvelous homes for everyone and food to feed the plenty, there slums and starvation. Where we had wealth enough to share and the security to keep our people safe we now have poverty rampant and blood enough to paint the streets.

Where we once had peace, we now have war.



When The Sentinel, the moon, stopped speaking to our people, everything fell apart. Without her guidance, the we self destructed. Envy and greed replaced the law given to us by The Sentinel. We... did it all to ourselves.


We thought that it would have been reversed once The Sentinel awoke and spoke to us again... We were wrong. Nothing changed, not for the better anyway. Things are worse than ever, now that The Sentinel has opened her eyes to see us, what we've become.


She was horrified to see how far we had fallen without her and disgusted that it was even possible... She doesn't think we can be saved. She wants us dead, to clear the way for a new, stronger people.


To us, she sent down the storm, the weapons of her holy wrath. We call them “The Plague”. They are... machine like men, void of face and full with malice. They despise our people, just like the moon, The Sentinel.


We fight more than ever, with The Plague and still with ourselves. At this rate, we will be wiped out... unless we band together and drive out The Plague... And kill our goddess.

© 2014 The Poet of Black Wings


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on February 9, 2014
Last Updated on February 9, 2014
Tags: moon, destruction, pre-apocalyptic, war, war between worlds, aliens, gods, goddess, struggle, inner struggle, turmoil

Author

The Poet of Black Wings
The Poet of Black Wings

About
i hope my poems, among other writings, will speak for me. Edit - Full disclosure, if you ask me to read something, I will, and I'll be brutally honest about what I think about it. So, be ready for .. more..

Writing