The Hungry Wolf

The Hungry Wolf

A Story by CalvinnTay
"

Which is more dangerous? A hungry wolf or a starving man?

"
A wolf was caught and caged by a hunter. He did not have much to eat. Days gone by as his hungry grew. His master was cruel, stripping the wolf of his freedom and refuse to take responsibility. The hunter wanted to sell the wolf away, but the wolf was not in a good condition to be sold. There were no buyers for a skinny and weak wolf, but one should not judge another by their appearance alone. 
"Here little wolf, I have come with your meal," said the hunter. 
As he extended his arm into the cage, the wolf pounced on it and snatched his arm off. The hunter cried out in pain. If he were to treat his wound first, he might have lived. But he took up arms and shot the wolf who was locked in the cage. The hunter lost too much blood. He was not going to live to see the light of day. He closed his eyes and rested.
Before their souls gone to the next world, they met again. They had a conversation.
"Such a horrid beast you are, snatching my arm from me and sending me to the gates of Hell!" The hunter said. 
"Aye. Whatever I have done, I done out of hunger for flesh. I am truly the horrid beast you say I am," said the wolf, and he continued, "But you, dear hunter are wicked and evil. Flesh can satisfy my hunger, but your hunger can never be satisfied. You will always be starving. When you are full, you seek more, and you take what is not yours. They say a hungry wolf is a dangerous beast, but what of man? A creature that can never be full, is there such a word to describe a hungry man?"

© 2015 CalvinnTay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this seems like a slightly dark fable. It has a great message about people's greed/hunger. I like how you wrote this as one of those old fables.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

CalvinnTay

8 Years Ago

I think that short fables are the best way to get messages across. I am glad that you enjoyed it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

297 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2015
Last Updated on July 3, 2015
Tags: hunger, wolf, hunter

Author

CalvinnTay
CalvinnTay

Kuantan, Pahang, Malaysia



About
Follow me on twitter: @calvinntay I write about the thoughts and life of Gen-Y in a South-East Asia setting more..

Writing