Only in my Memories

Only in my Memories

A Story by Madison Russell
"

Olivia knew that was the best day of her life. And it's the strongest memory she will ever hold.

"
The crimson fabric of her dress flowed down her body like blood from a fresh wound. The satin material was now ripped and the matching shoes had been kicked off. Her necklace broke and the beads rained down like falling stars in the night sky. But she’d never been happier.
“C’mon! Just a little higher! You scared of heights now?” Olivia could hear the teasing in his voice as she grabbed the next tree branch. She reached out and kicked Ryan in the shoulder. His yelp rang clear in the silent air.
“Who’s the scared one now?’ Olivia taunted as she looked down to see Ryan’s dress shirt ripped at the sleeves. “This is so much fun!” She raises her voice to be heard over a group of owls. Their voices were the only thing breaking the beautiful silence.
“I told you, Livie!” Ryan reached out and tickled her side, giggles erupting from both teens.
“S-St-Stop!” Olivia demanded between giggles. “I’m going to push you out of this tree.” Ryan pouts and crosses a branch to be right beside Olivia.
“Now close your eyes. It’s time for your surprise.” Olivia looked as if she was going to object but promptly closed her mouth. Ryan took her hand in his and led her, eyes closed, to a thick branch at the top of the tree.
Leaning his back against the trunk, Ryan grabbed her waist and lifted her up to be in front of him on the branch. “Open your eyes.”
Olivia’s breath caught in her throat as she excitedly opened her eyes. Below them, she could see the entire city. Lights were lit bright and the stars sparkled above them. Olivia felt on top of the world so high up. She felt warm fingers brush her neck and looked down to see a beautiful emerald pendent that matched her eyes. Ryan clasped the chain and pulled her curls from under the thin silver. “Wow. Ryan, I don’t know what to say. It’s… It’s gorgeous.”
“Just like you.” Olivia turned around, and pressed her lips to Ryan’s. Words couldn’t describe what she was feeling right now. “This necklace, it means we will forever be together.”
“Forever.” Olivia whispered, looking at the picture from that day. “I miss you, Ryan.” She grasped the emerald necklace as silent tears fell from her face.

© 2013 Madison Russell


Author's Note

Madison Russell
Taken from a longer story I ultimately trashed. This came across my mind when I wondered what would happen should I have to say goodbye.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is good - although I would *maybe* make it a bit more obvious that this was a flashback, in whatever ways you can.
Good job, though. I love the title, it's a perfect fit! I also enjoyed the reality of it - this is a good representation of REAL teenagers, not just some fake characters.
I enjoyed this a lot! Keep up the good work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your writing style brings it all together very nicely.

Will definitely read it again.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is good - although I would *maybe* make it a bit more obvious that this was a flashback, in whatever ways you can.
Good job, though. I love the title, it's a perfect fit! I also enjoyed the reality of it - this is a good representation of REAL teenagers, not just some fake characters.
I enjoyed this a lot! Keep up the good work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2013
Last Updated on July 5, 2013
Tags: Romance, death, teen, young love, first love

Author

Madison Russell
Madison Russell

Atlanta, GA



About
My name is Madison Russell, I am a youtuber and a writer. I started writing at a young age, but didn't really get into it until middle school, when I developed severe depression and anxiety. I now use.. more..

Writing