Yesterday's Hypersigil

Yesterday's Hypersigil

A Story by Candy Ray
"

This was one of my first supernatural flash fictions- in the ancient days of 2014!

"

I’ve been riding the Big Dipper here in this fairground for weeks. I know every dip on this ride, every shudder and plunge. All I remember is that I wanted my life to get better, and it would only improve if I switched to the carousel.


I took a leap from the Big Dipper to the carousel, flying through the air with my straw-blonde hair and long cut-up dress streaming out behind me. When you launch out into the pure air you give yourself over to the buoyant winds. Anything can happen in mid-air, but it usually doesn’t; not to me. Usually I land exactly where I plan to go. No-one saw me jump; why can only sparrows see me?


As I climb on the carousel and mount a horse, I notice there are horseshoes printed all over the poles and floor like a trademark. Round and round I go on the carousel, merging into the past and future as I spin around. All times meet in the pit of dust churned up by the carousel as it spins. Why can only sparrows see that now I’m riding the Big Dipper and the carousel both at the same time? That’s what I knew would make the difference, yet I don’t know where I am now as it all rushes past in a blur.


I stand and eat a toffee apple in the deserted fairground and wave- to whom?

© 2016 Candy Ray


Author's Note

Candy Ray
Imagine if you got lost in your picture forever.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very original, imaginative and whimsical. I can imagine my young self having such a dream after an evening at the carnival. Your writing is excellent.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Candy Ray

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much, Samuel.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2016
Last Updated on June 16, 2016
Tags: chaos magic, hypersigil, fairground

Author

Candy Ray
Candy Ray

United Kingdom



About
I'm a new writer living in the south of England and I'm inspired by magic, the occult and psychic subjects. I've recently had a book published by Night Horse Publishing House, (in December 2016) c.. more..

Writing
Fetch, Boy Fetch, Boy

A Story by Candy Ray


Dedication Dedication

A Story by Candy Ray