Knowledge and Nature

Knowledge and Nature

A Poem by Captain Rilen
"

A quick sprawl of thoughts...

"
What is intelligence? 
Is it our assessment of one another's ability to adapt our environment? 
Is this truly complex or merely another matter of primal instinct?
Those who do demonstrate a high capacity for knowledge tend to rise to the top.
However, it would be untrue to say that all who possess knowledge amount to success. 
The most effective tool in the pursuit of wealth and power would undoubtedly be charm and charisma, at least among humans.
It is against human nature to be content with a simple life, want and greed have become a part of us.
No longer do we wish to live to be the same as one of the many leaves in the apple tree which is earth. 
No, we extend ourselves out, a branch distinct from the others, consuming at the expense of other leaves and fruit.
It is definitely not a healthy tree, no. 
Particular leaves, clad in parchment and silk are multiplying at an alarming rate.
They spring from the branch of humanity and rob the tree of its nutrients, poisoning it in its entirety;
along with themselves.
Is this intelligent? 
No, but it is under such a guise.
The tree has no awareness as to whether there are more plants inhabiting its surroundings.
Its knowledge only extends as far as its roots allow it. 
What if life depends solely on the well-being of this tree?
If its roots extend before its death, it may know the answer.
Regardless, it is best that the tree survives, either to witness that it is not alone or to understand its importance.

© 2015 Captain Rilen


Author's Note

Captain Rilen
Like much of my writing, not very poem like despite being listed as a poem. If you know where I should place this kind of writing feel free to tell me. Please be honest and if you think it's bad voice that opinion, I'm not going to be offended. The only way to improve is to be criticized.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i liked this one very much as well, i like the mental picture it paints and the way it makes me think. I think your writing is good and i enjoy reading it very much and i dont enjoy everything i read i like things that bring out emotion or thoughts, and when someone can bring this out with their words i think its very cool.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i liked this one very much as well, i like the mental picture it paints and the way it makes me think. I think your writing is good and i enjoy reading it very much and i dont enjoy everything i read i like things that bring out emotion or thoughts, and when someone can bring this out with their words i think its very cool.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Place it under Prose Poems if it matters to you, but seriously, who cares? You have a thought process that needed an outlet among people who would care to read it ... and here we are.

I like the way you worked your self through this. Moonskittles nailed it, your observation and rationalization's are sound. I hope you continue to post here.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I believe we must live in peace with nature. We need her more than she needs us.
"What if life depends solely on the well-being of this tree?
If its roots extend before its death, it may know the answer.
Regardless, it is best that the tree survives, either to witness that it is not alone or to understand its importance."
The above lines are true and good wisdom. Thank you for sharing the poem on my favorite topic. Nature. A outstanding poem.
Coyote



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
Your perception is strong and powerful. Sound thinking and great imagery.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Honestly, it is a poem. Not all poems have to rhyme. Not all poems have to have a specific theme. I thought it was beautiful. I love how you used nature to explore humanity. It was truly amazing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

485 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 26, 2015
Last Updated on January 26, 2015
Tags: life, nature, growth, fall, despair, alone, poison, lovely, mysterious, unknown, roots, answers, fruit, flourish, awareness, human, charisma, knowledge, intellect, intelligence, adapt, change, complex

Author

Captain Rilen
Captain Rilen

Australia



About
It was time for a new description! I'm sorry I don't review work as much but if I get a review from you I will always try to post one back once I have the time. University and work are both demanding .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Reality Reality

A Poem by AaronFreitas