The Darkness That is Me.

The Darkness That is Me.

A Poem by CaraLynn

I'm scared and I'm weak, I just want to scream-
I have fear in my thoughts and nightmares I dream.

I sit curled and alone at the edge of the room,
my identity is fading, my soul will die soon.

I feel lost and timid, the hauntings consume me-
I've succumb to the anguish, sorrow settles inside me.

I'm engulfed in shadows and burned by fires,
hidden in crowds of criminals and liars.

My body is smothered by weight on my shoulder-
My heart turns to ice, getting colder and colder.

My feet have grown tired from walking in stride,
I've become part of the blur, my name has died.

This state of darkness is a place I know well,
This is my world.. a living hell.

© 2013 CaraLynn


Author's Note

CaraLynn
*any tips, recommendations and advice are greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This piece to me speaks of the divided aspects of the social world we live in. Whether it is a lack of courage, or knowledge yet attained, or a rise or drop in faith for the self or in some higher power... The individual at times gets pulled into the maelstrom of societies masses. Being lost among those that other parts of society have already pre judged or assumed is this or that. I can relate to the feeling of isolation this brings on. It's as if the voice never reaches out beyond the garden gate and the vegitables are no longer growing.

May you find what you need to walk upon a path that is right for you.

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You have expressed these feelings so well.
I like it because I relate so much. That you made it rhyme so tightly gave it an impact too, Almost like rap.
I don't have any tips or recommendations. I think it's very good. Direct, impassioned, deeply moving.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This piece to me speaks of the divided aspects of the social world we live in. Whether it is a lack of courage, or knowledge yet attained, or a rise or drop in faith for the self or in some higher power... The individual at times gets pulled into the maelstrom of societies masses. Being lost among those that other parts of society have already pre judged or assumed is this or that. I can relate to the feeling of isolation this brings on. It's as if the voice never reaches out beyond the garden gate and the vegitables are no longer growing.

May you find what you need to walk upon a path that is right for you.

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

no one is ever that weak, they're just scared of making the wrong decision. or so it seems.

Posted 11 Years Ago


CaraLynn

11 Years Ago

I agree that some are scared to the make the wrong decision. But can one really judge the strength o.. read more
MrOldFashioned

11 Years Ago

in some cases, depending on the situation. but of course, that's only an opinion, not a proven fact,.. read more
you open up very well. Letting the reader in to your soul can be the hardest step.
I think a bit of formatting may make this read a bit smoother, excellent work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


CaraLynn

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I'll be continuing to add writing as often as I can so be sure to check back. I'm.. read more
I liked the piece but I have one suggestion in Lines 1/2, 7/8 and 9/10 if you are going to rhyme use perfect rhyme. the "S" on the end of dreams make it seem awkward. other than that it seems to be a good piece

Posted 11 Years Ago


CaraLynn

11 Years Ago

yes, i struggled with that. i'll take more time to find more appropriate words next time, thank you.
I’ve become part of the blur, my name has died. This is the most striking for me. It's so sad and haunting but nicely penned. I shall be going back to your page for your other writings. Happy new year!

Posted 11 Years Ago


CaraLynn

11 Years Ago

thank you so much! Happy New Year to you too!(:
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mir
I really actually liked this! You had a great rhyme scheme going! Great work! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


CaraLynn

11 Years Ago

thanks so much! be sure to check back, I'll be adding more of my writing soon :)
Mir

11 Years Ago

Your welcome and I can't wait to read more!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 31, 2012
Last Updated on June 1, 2013
Tags: change, darkness, alone, lost, identity, sadness

Author

CaraLynn
CaraLynn

San Diego, CA



About
always looking for intelligent minds to befriend. Be my PenPal, or read my writings here. Either way, I'd love to connect, soul to soul. *feel free to visit my Tumblr blog; it represents my philo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..