Destroy Yourself to Feel

Destroy Yourself to Feel

A Story by CarcinogenicDreams
"

"The world is both our cradle and our trap" - Invisible Monsters

"
Life isn't about trying to escape by doing what you want, its about doing what you don't want because we are told to follow our dreams, but what if you don't want to? Then, you have to do what scares you most even if it hurts you, because that's the only way you can truly be free from the rest of humanity.
But that's been thought of before too, so in reality, you'll never escape. In fact, looking for an escape enforces the trap because that becomes what living is about; looking for a way out of normality and conformity. So no matter what you do you will never be able to find the escape because if you can think it, someone else can too.
But that's still not it. Because life isn't about escaping or about a trap at all. Its about love. You have to destroy yourself to feel anything at all. If you live your life how you're told, you'll never be capable of real emotion. You have to destroy yourself from the inside out to make it all real. Because that's what life is. If you focus on the trap and how and what you're supposed to feel, you'll never actually feel it. So you acknowledge that its there, but you stop caring. When you stop letting the concept of the trap affect you, it will no longer have any power.
So go out and find everything that makes you feel anything real, and surround yourself in those things, because that is infinitely more important than escaping ourselves.

© 2013 CarcinogenicDreams


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So true.
beautiful article.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on March 6, 2013
Last Updated on March 6, 2013

Author

CarcinogenicDreams
CarcinogenicDreams

CT



About
I'm a teenage girl from the US. That's probably the number one thing I shouldn't say on this, because really, who takes teenage girls seriously? I don't think my writing is great, I just want advice o.. more..

Writing