Music Box: Just Be Friends

Music Box: Just Be Friends

A Story by Carefulx
"

This was an entry for a Contest On Booksie.com Alexa Marselle, age:15, could lose someone precious to her. His name is Jason Darre,he's 16. Will it be too late? Or does she have to just find someone

"
♫Music Box♪: Just Be Friends

The steady beat of my footsteps was repeating, pounding against the hard aged sidewalk. Everything around me passing by swiftly and the sidewalk was blurry below me. I didn't care if my legs were burning with pain or that I was almost out of breath, almost suffocating. My throat was seriously aching for air. It didn't matter to me though. Nothing matters to me right now. Cold tears were running down my cheeks and sweat beaded my forehead. I had only one destination and if I can't get there before it's too late...then...I'll regret it forever. For eternity, I swear. I had not realized how much he meant to me, until now. I love him. Only him. And...he's leaving. Today. Right now.

I just wish I get there in time, run into his arms, and never let go. I want to see his comforting-warm smile and feel his arms around me, feel...safe and sound. Ever since we met, I've always had him on my mind 24/7. Always looking up to him. He is the only reason I wake up the next day.

'Wow. Obsessed much?' I kind of smiled at that thought. Even if this isn't the time to joke around. I mean, what I thought is true. Those are my feelings. It's how I feel and I didn't care if it sounds like an obsession. It's called falling in love...right?

I decided to go through the park. The harsh breeze was blowing through my dark almond hair, which was probably soaked with sweat by now and it getting in my hazel eyes. Kids were playing and running around, looking like they have absolutely nothing to worry about. Well, I wish I could be like that. Some dogs decided to bark at me but I ignored them. I turned to the left and continued to run, now through the lime-green moist grass that brushed my legs, stepping on puddles, and trying to avoid the sprinklers. Unfortunately, I failed and got my clothes damped. Bad day to wear a white tart coco dress with black tights... at least my converse were somewhat stable.

Finally, I got to the train station. I had only five minutes left before Jason leaves. Also, I was sure I'm at the right train. In front of me was a large red train under the vast ceiling of the historic train station. I looked all around me. Where is he?

"Two minutes left everyone! " The train conductor yelled. I started to panic.

"Wait. Wait!" I said as I jogged over to the conductor. I was out of breath and kind of paused while talking. "Where is. Have- have you seen a si-sixteen year old boy? About. Six feet tall. Black hair. eyes?"

The conductor looked at me confused and said, " Sorry. Haven't see 'em"

I nodded and decided to sit at a nearby metal-blue bench. I put my head on the palm of my hands and tried to breath evenly. Is he late? Or Did I miss the train? I was to scared to admit it. That he left. I was so sure I was on time.

I started to shake and I felt a lump forming in my throat. 'Please...not now. Why can't I wait till I get home,' I thought to myself. It was too late. I started sobbing. I don't even care if people are looking at me. I just lost someone. Someone I love so, so much. I feel like I got run over a hundred times from all that running as well.

"Alexa?" A sweet familiar voice called my name. I looked up.

"Jason!" I said, surprised. Quickly, I stood up and hugged him. He hugged me back. Now everything felt better. He was here.

He pulled me away softly and wiped some of my tears away. Then he smiled.

"Alexa...you're all wet and crying. You don't want me to leave that much?"

I looked down at my feet and nodded.

"I never want you to leave. You don't know how much it hurts. Jason i lov-"

"I'm sorry." he interrupted.

I looked up.

"W-wha-"

"I'm sorry. I can't hear you say it. I don't want to hurt you more than you already are."

"I don't care." I said out of nowhere.

" All aboard! One minute everyone!" The conductor yelled.

"I need to go. I'll miss you Alexa." Jason said as he turned around and headed for the train.

"J-Jason...don't leave me." I said, hoping he would turn around. He didn't.

I couldn't take it. I ran to him and wrapped my hands around him, locking him in my arms. I buried my face into his back.

"I love you." I told him. Then, I let go and swiftly went in front of him. And did something I probably shouldn't have.

I kissed him and he let me.

After a few seconds, he stepped away. He reached inside his bag and pulled out a musicbox. He handed the musicbox to me.

"It's a present, for you. I knew you would come so...here."

I took it and whispered, 'thanks.'

"Alexa. Let's just be friends. I told you I didn't want to hurt you..."

"I know. And it's okay. I'll be going now."

I walked away. After a few steps, I glanced back and saw him entering the train. I know that later on I'm going to cry all day.

ε�-з_Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ_ε�-зε�-з_Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ_ε�-зε�-з_Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ_ε�-з

I was close to the exit until i bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention." I said to the person. I looked at the person. It was a boy. I guessed he was my age. He was blonde, tall, and had brown kind eyes.

"It's okay. I'm Ethan Cole." We shook hands and I introduced myself.

"Do you mind showing me around? I don't know anyone cause I just moved here.." He asked and gave me a heart-warming smile. His smile actually brighten up my day.

"Sure. I would love to."

© 2012 Carefulx


Author's Note

Carefulx
=D This was for a contest. I had to write a short story with only 1000 words

Here's the link!:

http://www.booksie.com/romance/short_story/carefulx/music-box:-just-be-friends

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i very much liked this but i would not be supprised if you won the contest!

my fave section was this:
"I just wish I get there in time, run into his arms, and never let go. I want to see his comforting-warm smile and feel his arms around me, feel...safe and sound. Ever since we met, I've always had him on my mind 24/7. Always looking up to him. He is the only reason I wake up the next day."

please feel free to be my critc!

(rating = 86/100)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

To: Jock Engelman
Really? Thank you, lol.
Also, thanks so, so much for reading! I appreciate it a lot! =D

Posted 12 Years Ago


i very much liked this but i would not be supprised if you won the contest!

my fave section was this:
"I just wish I get there in time, run into his arms, and never let go. I want to see his comforting-warm smile and feel his arms around me, feel...safe and sound. Ever since we met, I've always had him on my mind 24/7. Always looking up to him. He is the only reason I wake up the next day."

please feel free to be my critc!

(rating = 86/100)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 8, 2012
Last Updated on April 8, 2012
Tags: challenge, alexa, jason, romance, a thousand words, music box

Author

Carefulx
Carefulx

WonderLand xD, NY



About
Hey! What's up?! Hows it going?! xD My name: Allison Pronounced: Uhh...I have no freaking clue but I'm guessing its A-ly-sun? P: Age: AGE is only a NUMBER!! Lol Jk I'm 15! Ethnicit.. more..

Writing