Speaking to Every Girl's Self-Worth

Speaking to Every Girl's Self-Worth

A Story by Carly_Ruth

“Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.”


-Deborah Reber

 

 

He, whoever “he” is, does not define your self-worth. Stop letting him.

 

He does not define your beauty.

He does not define your strength.

He does not define your past or your future.

He does not define your bravery.

He does not define your abilities or your talents.

He does not define you.

           

You are not “forever alone”, as is the popular saying of 13-25 year old typical girls. Stop saying it. More importantly, stop acting like it. You are who you are because God made you that way. If “he” cannot appreciate that or see the value and worth in that then it is not your fault. That does not mean to ignore your flaws and not try to be better. Better yourself with everyday and with every decision. Not so that you will not be “forever alone”, but so that you can love unconditionally and forgive without restraint. Do it so that you are working toward your purpose in life.

            You are not on this planet to find a husband and do only that. You are here to change the world even if it is only in a small way. You are here to take chances, to love without borders, to leave your mark in this world. “He” will leave his mark on you. That’s ok. But be sure to leave a positive mark on someone else in return. Do not let him stop you from reaching your full potential. Do not give him that power.

 

Thoughts to be continued….

© 2014 Carly_Ruth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on October 13, 2014
Last Updated on October 13, 2014
Tags: self, worth, love, value, break, up, purpose, relationship, empowerment