Chapter 1: Wake up

Chapter 1: Wake up

A Chapter by Carmella

It's hot, and I feel so much pain and its dark. I try to fight it off but my eyes won't open. I let out another scream as the fire inside me burns hotter. Other than my own pain and screaming I hear nothing. It feels like years before the burn fade but stilling locked in my throat.

I open my eyes Where am I?

I look around, must be a factory. Theres broken glass everywhere. I sit up and try to find my glasses. But then I notice how clear the room is. I look around and see my clothes ripped apart and thrown in the far side of the room. But what happened is a blur.

I suddenly hear voices, of two men. My throat burns more. They open the large metal door near where my clothes are. They both stare at me, I forgot I was naked. I quickly run over to my once clothes and cover up.

"Whoa there girl. Are you alright?" one of them ask.

"Maybe someone raped her Lue." the other man says.

"Yeah Ben you could be right. Did someone hurt you sweetheart?" 'Lue' said walking over to me.

"I-I can't remeber." I say my voice now higher than it used to be.

I take a breath and the smell of Lue is better smelling than birthday cake two weeks before your birthday.

His hand touches my skin, he's warm. Is he sick? He looks at me in horror.

"B-Ben lets get outa here!" Lue takes five steps back and calls over his shoulder.

"Lue what is it?!"

"Her eyes! There a bright red!" Lue called running with Ben to the door.

I jump from my spot unable to hold back. I bite deeply into Lue's neck until warm heaven filles my mouth; the burning starts to fade. Ben was next, he was easier, his arms didn't need pinning down.

I wipe the blood from my lips. The two men dead at my feet with their eyes frozen open in horror. Then it rushes back.

 

My sister Carmen and I are trying to make it into a play and were sitting on bench near by. When a group of boys come up. They're wearing black not really a good idea for summer in New York. Carmen stops talking and looks scared.

"Hello." one of the boys said his dark eyes staring at me, or my chest.

"Can we help you?" I ask knowning my sister doesn't like talking to boys and a group of five or six like this isn't a good idea.

"We were watching you two and maybe you'd like to grap a bite to eat." the first one said again trying his best to be charming.

"Nope sorry. We have things to do. Come on Carmen maybe they're ready now." I said taking Carmen's hand our skirts blowing past them.

We were in my song 'Put another nickle in the Nickloden' was great and Carmen was wonderful on her piano. We went different ways home, Carmen needed to pick up her flute. Then they showed up.

Horrible. Thats what it was then the first boy bit...my...neck.

 

"Oh my god." I said now looking back on that night, its foggy but I began to place what happened.

"V-Va-" the word couldn't form, but I knew what I was.

I undresses Ben and dresses in his clothes and took Lue's hat and tucked my long brown hair under it. I open the large door with ease, I hate leaving a mess, but Ben and Lue weren't going anywhere.

The streets are cold and snow is starting to melt.

A month? Maybe two monthes? I that how long I've been out?

I saw a boy with papers on his bike and I graped one when he went by.

March 25, 1894  

 

Two years! Two whole years!!!??? My head spun. But my beloved New York looked the same! It can't be!

I fell to the ground. My head hurt. By now Mom and Dad must think I'm dead. Everything hurt. My chest hurt. I went to check my pluse to even thing out....no pluse.

New York isn't safe!

I boarded a train and didn't care where it went.

Chicago. Thats were it took me. So I started working at a diner as a waitress, not the best job in the world but I was running low and the money in Ben's coat. It's been almost 25 years. I've learned when my eyes get a little red I have to get a 'meal'. A guy or two never much over that. It was a Tuesday night, I slipped down from my room above the diner, only i never really used it; i stopped sleeping 25 years ago.

It wasn't to hard I've goten use to people at night but with the Spanish flu it was harder to find people at night.

I saw a boy, 17 maybe with messy brownish hair. He smelled different, sweeter like me. I couldn't hear a heart beat but it was about time my eyes were getting a little to red for my taste.

I jumpped at him and he flipped me over on my back. His eyes were black with red just below the surface. His teeth bared at me growls ripping through his chest and mine.

"Edward!" a man yelled.

The boy staied on me looking and waiting for me to make a move as I waited for his.

The man lifted to boy off of me; growls still ripping.

I hissed at the man and the boy.

The man  had blond hair, stood at 6 ft 2 and was slender but muscular. He looked to be, 23 or 24. Not like me; stuck at 18.

"My god. Are you one of us?" he asked.

I noticed that they both had no heartbeats, and were pale like I was.

"Who are you?"



© 2009 Carmella


Author's Note

Carmella
ignore spelling and grammar

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a fantastic story,loved the characters, look forward to reading more.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2009


Author

Carmella
Carmella

Forks, WA



About
I'm Carmella Rose Cullen and I enjoy writing. I like anime and vampires. If theres anything you like about my work please let me know. And if its not good please tell me. If it sucks...... KEEP IT TO .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Carmella