My Letter to NATO

My Letter to NATO

A Story by Carola
"

my letter today, to the NATO Secretary-General re the current Russian / Ukraine war giving them my strong opinion!

"
NATO Secretary-General                                                                        (sent April 10, 2022)
email :  [email protected]


re: Russian war against Ukraine


Dear Mr Stoltenberg

From the other end of the world in Australia, I am watching & hearing with dismay our TV & radio news, the unfolding saga of this 6 1/2 week war, which this berserk Russian President Putin, planned & instigated against ordinary civilians.

However, what is of even more dismay, is the total lack of lateral thinking from yourself as the captain of NATO & all of the other 4000 employees working in that organisation, to stop this war.  (I hope no-one is actually being paid salaries, no-one there deserves it in my opinion.)

Until now, my opinion is that NATO is a waste of time & building space. Men wearing Armani suits doing nothing but having endless meetings, coffee drinking & talking of sanctions, then travelling home to their families, totally safe & secure in their world.

It’s perfectly obvious to the world at large, that your laughable sanctions against Russia & his oligarchical friends IS NOT WORKING.  Duh!! 🙄   

Putin’s military is still merrily razing Ukraine to the ground virtually unimpeded.

So how long are you & your team going to wait & p***y-foot around the edges of making an assertive decision … until Ukraine is empty of all civilians & all buildings have been demolished ????

You need a ‘Margaret Thatcher’ style person who is capable of making immediate & hard decisions, like she did in 1982 against Argentina with the Falklands war & won -->> in 10 weeks!!  
 
NATO, which you Mr Stoltenberg as General-Secretary as their head, say ‘that you don’t want the war to escalate in Europe’ …. I’m guessing, so as as long as the Russians don’t invade your country of Norway & just demolish Ukraine, then it’s not too bad? ?

-- Grow some balls & tell the allies to fire missiles into the Kremlin, or some other important Russian buildings, structures or airports.

-- Putin will then realise that NATO is serious & means business. (Putin certainly doesn’t now.)

-- Secondly it will allow Putin to experience first hand what war is about, death & destruction.

-- Drop leaflets by drone (or other means) all over Russia so that the Russian people know the truth of what Russia is really doing, & not what Putin is allowing his media to say or write.

-- Use any money belonging to Putin himself & his oligarchical friends that is banked outside of Russia & pay it to Ukraine as war reparations.

-- Seize & sell off Putin’s oligarchical friends’ assets outside of Russia & give the money to Ukraine as above.

-- Draft any legislation you need (for this particular war) to make this seizure of money &  assets lawful…. & don’t take weeks to do so. Get your top European lawyers & judges to collaborate to make this law succeed. Work 24 hours a day until you’ve done it. …...Remember people are dying because of Putin. (During WW2 strategists in the war office worked round the clock)

-- Revoke Russian passport visas for Europe & other parts of the world. Do not allow any Russians, civilians or government people to leave Russia for holidays, work or whatever, to any destinations outside of Russia.  (If you don’t include countries outside of Europe with this new ruling, they could fly to any country & once there, turn around & fly on to their real destination within Europe)

-- You need to make Putins friends (& ordinary Russians) hate him & see what he is doing is wrong, so they will use their political influences within Russia to help topple his government.

-- Charge Putin & his fellow commissioners / collaborators with war crimes
When this war is finally stopped, ensure that those charged with war crimes GO TO GAOL & STAY THERE until their death (with no reprieve -- they caused Ukrainians to die by their decisions & actions)
    
-- Once the Russian government has toppled, NATO needs to find a western style person like Gorbachev & elevate him / her in the eyes of the Russian people so they vote for him / her to become their new president.


Yours faithfully

Carola Hume
(an ordinary citizen against war)

PS. my mother once told me: after the end of WW2 in 1945, when the Russians, as part of the zone of allied occupation entered her hometown of Colditz in the German DDR (at that time), all of the towns folk were frightened of the Russians soldiers because they were barbaric.
It seems the Russian military have not evolved since then & are barbaric still to this very day!


© 2022 Carola


Author's Note

Carola
i enjoy venting to bureaucrats, politicians, councillors etc & giving them my opinion, or what i think needs to be done.
there's an email address should anyone feel like writing too, ✍️ maybe NATO will take more innovative action to stop this war if they receive more civilian opinions. i live in hope......sigh!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review


haven't things changed dramatically since this write!!
and now an offensively capable shopping mall has also been neutralized
I used to have minor compassion for members of the Russian military who were unwillingly forced into serving but after repeated cases of theft, rape and murder it looks like they have all quite willingly bought into it
barbaric indeed

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carola

1 Year Ago

yes my mother said the russian troops entering colditz did all those things you said, back then. read more



Reviews

A letter filled with sage advice even if some of it is imposible to implement without starting world war III!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carola

1 Year Ago

hi john, yes that's always possible but if ALL the allies sent missiles into russia targeting all th.. read more
John Alexander McFadyen

1 Year Ago

The whole issue of neuclear war is predicated upon detecting misiles in the air and responding with .. read more
And still the war in Ukraine goes on! Sanctions only do so much, and will not stop Putin. And now there is a new threat, with China preparing to possibly attack Taiwan. China considers Taiwan to be part of its own territory, just as Russia still considers Ukraine to be part of the Russian Empire! These despots are living in the past, and causing mayhem while the world watches and does very little! Sad and dangerous times for ALL of us!

Posted 1 Year Ago


Carola

1 Year Ago

hi robert, thanks for reading & commenting. i just wish everyone would write to them.
they .. read more

haven't things changed dramatically since this write!!
and now an offensively capable shopping mall has also been neutralized
I used to have minor compassion for members of the Russian military who were unwillingly forced into serving but after repeated cases of theft, rape and murder it looks like they have all quite willingly bought into it
barbaric indeed

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carola

1 Year Ago

yes my mother said the russian troops entering colditz did all those things you said, back then. read more
Well alrighty!!! And there ya go NATO! Nothing more to be said! Bravo!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carola

1 Year Ago

thank you patricia, as i said in my author's note I enjoy venting, I tried to keep this letter more .. read more
i posted my letter in haste without having time to check it at the time of posting.
have now amended it, to reflect the way I wrote it to Stoltenberg, with some bold, some underlining & some italic words.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Dear Carola, well done you. Putin carries on undeterred, because he still has the finances to do it. The Russian economy needs to be squeezed till the pips squeak. NATO are useless in my opinion. I am proud of what the British Government are doing to help Ukraine. Proud that Boris visited their President and even more proud how he said Britain are playing a major part in providing equipment so they can defend themselves. We are a small country, but I like to think we have balls. Margaret Thatcher certainly had them.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carola

1 Year Ago

hi chris, thanks for reading & commenting.
hope you'll consider it your turn to voice your op.. read more
Amen to the sentiment in this letter...what is being done now is not deterring this nut one bit.
Sanctions, sanctions, sanctions...like repetition in a bad poem.
Actions need to jump off the page and onto that leader...with real force.
j.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Carola

1 Year Ago

hi jacob, thanks for reading & commenting.
hope you'll also write to NATO & & voice your opin.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2022
Last Updated on September 2, 2022
Tags: war, NATO, Putin, Russia, Ukraine, assertive

Author

Carola
Carola

Australia



About
Hello, Greetings from sunny Australia 👋 ☀️ 🇦🇺 🔹I'm a retired commercial pilot now in my late 70s. ➤➤ My husband Peter recently had to .. more..

Writing
~ Geniuses ~ ~ Geniuses ~

A Poem by Carola



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


VAGRANTS VAGRANTS

A Poem by DIVYA